[Spoilers] Next Episode - Asha/Yara at the Dreadfort

The preview for the next episode makes it pretty evident that Asha (Yara) finally reaches the Dreadfort to free Theon, and she and Ramsay confront one another. Since the entire 'Asha attempts to free Theon' plot is a show-only storyline, the ending to this plot is still somewhat open to speculation. How exactly is that going to work itself out? If I were to guess I'd think that since Asha, Theon and Ramsay are still all alive in the books, they will likely all leave the encounter relatively unscathed. The real question is whether or not Asha will succeed in freeing Theon. Will she overcome Ramsay long enough to free him, only to be captured herself and brought to the Wall in order to re-merge her storyline with her book counterpart's? Or will Theon remain a captive, and be freed later on?

Do we actually see Ramsey and Yara facing each other in the preview? I thought Ramsey was in Moat Cailin, so why would Yara go there? I think she'll arrive at the Dreadfort and find it empty (Roose having left to Winterfell or Barrowton, maybe) or she will barely escape from Roose

Eh, I don't know :dunno:

Do we actually see Ramsey and Yara facing each other in the preview? I thought Ramsey was in Moat Cailin, so why would Yara go there? I think she'll arrive at the Dreadfort and find it empty (Roose having left to Winterfell or Barrowton, maybe) or she will barely escape from Roose

You can see Yara in the back behind the shield guy on the right.

We don't see them interact in the trailer, but we do see a) Theon being guarded by a group of Ironborn while Ramsay and his boys charge them, and B) Asha threatening some guard about Theon's location in what looks like the same place.

You can see Yara in the back behind the shield guy on the right.

Oh. Well then.

I largely see Yara vs. Ramsay as much as inconsequential filler as Craster's Keep was.

Only if Yara escapes and goes back to the Islands as if nothing happened. If she is captured, it depends on what they do with her. If she dies, it definitely affects Reek long-term, so it wouldn't be filler.

I doubt it will be the same as Craster's actions.

For the Wall, they had to create a short-term story arc before tying back to the books with the preparations and battle.

There, with Yara and the Dreadfort they have much more time to "eventually" cover up (unless it magically ends back on Kingsmoot / Winterfell wedding by the end of the season) so I'm curious about what's in store.

Prediction: The rescue attempt fails, but Asha kills Myranda and escapes with any surviving Ironborn. Ramsay takes his anger out on Theon and we see full Reek-mode engaged.

how much more reek can he get? He is already as broken down as possible minus the missing fingers and broken teeth. I hope Asha escapes though. Theon will definitely not escape we see him go to Moat Cailin in the trailers.

Honestly, even if it's just "filler" as some of you say, it is a really good and entertaining one, give me that over more randomly sassy talk in KL, Dany "badass" one-liners, or if we go by the books, Tyrion watching turtles and Brienne's adventures with Nimble Dick...

Are we sure it's the Dreadfort where we see Yara and Ramsay? Ramsay was sent to Moat Cailin by his father. Roose doesn't seem to me like the kind of man who would accept disobedience. If Locke had time to get to the Wall and be a respected recruit by episode 4, I assume Ramsay and Reek should have had time to get to the Neck.

Are we sure it's the Dreadfort where we see Yara and Ramsay? Ramsay was sent to Moat Cailin by his father. Roose doesn't seem to me like the kind of man who would accept disobedience. If Locke had time to get to the Wall and be a respected recruit by episode 4, I assume Ramsay and Reek should have had time to get to the Neck.

It definitely is the Dreadfort and Roose didn't specify that Ramsay had to go to Moat Cailin immediately so we're ok here.

If you're having a tougher time with the logistics of this, let's assume that Roose needs the requisite time to head back down South to gather his armies and is trying to time the Moat Cailin surrender with his march back up North so Ramsay needs to wait a little bit before he leaves.

My best case scenario is Asha strikes the Dreadfort when Theon is with Ramsey in Moat Callin....she then retreats after she lerns his brother is not there...Canon is hurt as little as posible.

Then you're going to be disappointed because there's a shot in the preview of Yara and Theon at the Dreadfort together facing off with Ramsay in the hallway.

You're honestly worried about canon at this point?

Archived