[Spoilers] Next Episode - Asha/Yara at the Dreadfort

I can see this storyline going that way :

Ep 6 - Yara attacks the Dreadfort. Mission fails, she falls back. I'm wondering who will she talk to, she necessarly needs another character to interract among her crew. Crossing fingers for Tristifer Botley !

Ep 8 - Yara decides to take refuge at the main Iron Born bastion in the North : Moat Cailin. We meet Ralf Kenning (who was cast) there. Ramsay decides it is time to be done with the Moat.

Ep 10 - Moat Cailin event. The Moat is taken. Roose and troop - Ramsay reunion. Yara escapes once again, maybe pressenting some fucked up betrayal and getting the hell out of there as soon as possible. I even wonder if the finale could not show us her return to the Iron Islands and the death of Balon. Or, for not being too much of a pointless arc, she takes another Northern place (Deepwood Motte ?).

Ep 6 - Yara attacks the Dreadfort. Mission fails, she falls back. I'm wondering who will she talk to, she necessarly needs another character to interract among her crew. Crossing fingers for Tristifer Botley !

Ep 8 - Yara decides to take refuge at the main Iron Born bastion in the North : Moat Cailin. We meet Ralf Kenning (who was cast) there. Ramsay decides it is time to be done with the Moat.

Ep 10 - Moat Cailin event. The Moat is taken. Roose and troop - Ramsay reunion. Yara escapes once again, maybe pressenting some fucked up betrayal and getting the hell out of there as soon as possible. I even wonder if the finale could not show us her return to the Iron Islands and the death of Balon. Or, for not being too much of a pointless arc, she takes another Northern place (Deepwood Motte ?).

Interesting, I like a lot of that. I could see it happening similarly but with a few changes:

Ep 6. Roose heads out at the beginning and is like "you better get on that whole Moat Cailin thing before I'm back". That night, Yara attacks and there's the standoff. Reek betrays her somehow, maybe in like a "which owner will the puppy go to?" type scenario. Yara escapes. I think somehow this demonstration of Reek's loyalty gives Ramsay the idea for how to take the Moat.

Ep 8. Yara gets to Moat Cailin, but gets news of Balon's death and leaves some folks in charge. Just after she leaves, Reek and Ramsay show up. Reek treats with the Ironborn (or maybe that will be in 10)

Ep 10. Ramsay takes the moat. Roose shows up and is like "good job, I'm going to legitimize you. let's all go to Winterfell and celebrate." I definitely think the storyline will culminte with Ramsay's legitimization as McElhatton has said in interviews that their story this season is weirdly moving towards the end.

I see no logical reason why they would have Yara come all the way to the Dreadfort only to immediately go to Moat Caitlin and then immediately go back to Pyke. If they wanted her to be in Pyke, they would have left her there and not sent her on a mission where she accomplishes nothing. If they wanted her to be in Moat Cailin, they would have sent her to Moat Cailin (to substitute for Deepwood Motte). I'm not sure how she even "retreats" from the Dreadfort without getting on the boat she came there on and if she does that, she isn't going to end up anywhere close to a central location like Moat Cailin. Unless perhaps she's going to jog there?

I know fans really, really want her to be back in Pyke for the Kingsmoot and are twisting themselves in knots trying to work backwards from that notion but dramatically, the minute they sent her on this mission, it signaled that they wanted to majorly alter her storyline.

I see no logical reason why they would have Yara come all the way to the Dreadfort only to immediately go to Moat Caitlin and then immediately go back to Pyke. If they wanted her to be in Pyke, they would have left her there and not sent her on a mission where she accomplishes nothing. If they wanted her to be in Moat Cailin, they would have sent her to Moat Cailin (to substitute for Deepwood Motte). I'm not sure how she even "retreats" from the Dreadfort without getting on the boat she came there on and if she does that, she isn't going to end up anywhere close to a central location like Moat Cailin. Unless perhaps she's going to jog there?

I know fans really, really want her to be back in Pyke for the Kingsmoot and are twisting themselves in knots trying to work backwards from that notion but dramatically, the minute they sent her on this mission, it signaled that they wanted to majorly alter her storyline.

Point taken, although the producers aren't opposed to a little bit of circular storytelling to keep characters relevent (ie: everything with Karl and Craster's keep). As far as getting back by land, yes, it would take a while, but she could find certainly get her hands on a horse. That being said, I agree it's also likely they've got something completely different up their sleeve. I could also see Theon himself being forced to ransom Yara as a hostage at Moat Cailin, if she's captured this Sunday. Either way, I just can't imagine they'll kill her off in her first episode back, especially given how big a moment they made of her return in Mhysa. Whatever it is, we'll all know soon.

I have been wondering how this storyline will play out. In the preview for episode 6, did anybody find it a little over the top that Ramsay would charge a fully armed and armored group of ironmen (50 best killers in the iron islands) with no shirt and just two knives? I don't normally have many "Aww that doesn't work" moment with this series, but for some reason I found this to be off. Anytime you play that scenario out for real, you know Ramsey is toast.

I'll be disappointed if Asha is removed from the Kingsmoot, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing considering she eventually ends up in the North anyway. I'd love to see Asha face off against her uncles though, because I think it's an important moment for her character; and she would be a great POV into the beginning of the Ironborn story (as Ellaria will be to Dorne).

I'd sort of hoped that she wouldn't find Theon, so I could eventually get my reunion outside the walls of Winterfell, but that looks to be thrown out the window (I'm not expecting a more physical transformation with Reek). Just have to see how it pans out I guess. Still, I'm happy we're finally getting Asha in the mix of things - and killing Bolton men, no less!

In the show Yara took Deepwood Motte and we haven't heard anything about the Northmen retaking it, so she most likely has a garrison there. Roose Bolton even said, that he'll need his forces to come to the North to retake his lands from the Greyjoy's so I doubt that Moat Cailan is the last bastion. I like the idea of her failing to free Theon and retreating to Moat Cailan though. Ralf could tell her about Balon's dead, Euron arriving and Victarion leaving for the Isles. By this point the audience will most likely have a new found liking to Yara, and they'll enjoy the Kingsmoot more with her there. After the failed Kingsmoot she could sail to Deepwood Motte and be captured by Stannis like in the books.

I feel like they decided to hit pause on the Balon storyline for this season and this is the consequence. Also, I can't remember and have lent my books out but did Asha and Balon know that Theon was alive? This whole thing seems like a way to endear us to Asha and to keep the Greyjoy's in their mind.

My theory: Asha goes there, fighting commences, something occurs where she realizes how broken Reek is, she flees and heads to either the Motte or back home. Ramsey takes Moat Cailin and the season ends with Greyjoy's death and the site of Euron's ships moving towards Pyke

Not at all bothered about fidelity at this point, but I'm going to have to suspend disbelief when it comes to Yara taking the Iron Fleet around Westeros and then launching an attack on the Dreadfort. Though I suppose it's not as ridiculous as Theon taking Winterfell with 20 men, and that happened in the book.

I can't see her dying in ep 6 as some have predicted. What would be the point of not appearing from the middle of season 2 to the final episode of 3 with a big speech and then just get killed off?

As seems to be the general consesus here it has to be:

6. Fails to resuce Theon (Reek's stockholm syndrome siding with Ramsay).

8. Retreats to the Moat. Ralf tells her Balon is dead, Euron crowned and Victarion has left. - Possibly see her leaving for Pyke?.

10. Possibly see her leaving for Pyke? Theon gets the garrison to surrender.

Problems:

if things were so bad why would the garrison not leave with Asha?

Balons death? - a snippet for episode 7 or perhaps they don't show? I'd prefer it if they did - a glimpse of a faceless man and a pretender King deserves an on screen death.

Yeah, the thing about Meereen's navy has me worried that Victarion might be cut. We got a Prince Doran name drop and Oberyn even mentioned the sand snakes, but we haven't heard anything about the Greyjoys yet. It's going to be very interesting to see how the Ironborn stuff plays out over the next few episodes.

Archived