[Spoilers] Next Episode - Asha/Yara at the Dreadfort

I also felt that the scene was clumsy at best and just not good, but I'm willing to let it slide as I feel that this hasn't been the case for the majority of the show thus far. And the Theon scene after was just awesome. Theon really did look like a little abused puppy dog when he was afraid to look Ramsey in the eye and kept dropping his head every time he looked up. Just superb acting right there. Some of the best in the series so far.

I also felt that the scene was clumsy at best and just not good, but I'm willing to let it slide as I feel that this hasn't been the case for the majority of the show thus far. And the Theon scene after was just awesome. Theon really did look like a little abused puppy dog when he was afraid to look Ramsey in the eye and kept dropping his head every time he looked up. Just superb acting right there. Some of the best in the series so far.

Yeah, I've come to this same conclusion and am ready to stop arguing about the scene's obvious lack of sense and believable bits that have now been beaten more than Theon was beaten, hehe. I think we all just need to let it go (queue Frozen song).

But seriously - you're right. Alfie Allen's amazing performance carried the scene and made it worthwhile even if I didn't like the short chopped up way they handled the Ironborn 'invasion' (more like a kid's paintball confrontation). I've re-watched the scene and now appreciate it ONLY for the fact that Alfie's incredible performance made his total transformation into Reek once and for all concrete and real. No more speculation if Theon is just 'acting' the part of Reek and biding his time for the right moment to kill Ramsay - nope. It's obvious he's totally 100% gone.

Not a bad scene.

Yara saw Theon but realised he was a lost cause - if she had dragged him back to Pyke then Balon would have taken one look at him and probably thrown him into the sea himself.

I was hoping that big dude with the blackbeard that the camera focused on at the end of season 3 would have had a role (Yara's own Luca Brasi)

All in all the Dreadfort scene could have been better but it didnt suck either.

I was hoping that big dude with the blackbeard that the camera focused on at the end of season 3 would have had a role (Yara's own Luca Brasi)

All in all the Dreadfort scene could have been better but it didnt suck either.

Probably just an extra.

Not a bad scene.

Yara saw Theon but realised he was a lost cause - if she had dragged him back to Pyke then Balon would have taken one look at him and probably thrown him into the sea himself.

That might be true, but then at least it was their call to have him die. Now she knowlingly has left her brother to be a toy.

Where was Roose?

I guess he was out on a trip with the wife.

Then he comes home and Ramsay gets in shit:

"We leave the house for a weekend, and behind our backs you have a party and wreck the place."

"But dad, those Ironborn weren't even invited !"

"I told you no parties, you irresponsible brat. And don't think I didn't find out that you had some girl in my bed - parts of her are still in there."

"But dad ..."

"No buts. You and Reek are grounded. You're going to clean this place up by ADWD, or no trip to Winterfell for you."

" Fascist."

"What was that, boy?"

"Nothing."

If Roose was in residence then surely he would have materialised - the Dreadfort and its men are HIS after all.

Do you really think they had seconds to spare to squeeze Roose in there? The schedule was already full with that riveting Ironborn escape.

The dreadfort is probably pretty large. I imagine Roose would have been about as far away from the dungeons/kennels as possible in his cozy lord's chambers, whereas that psycho Ramsey enjoys doing it with chicks in the weirdest places, which is why he was able to get there so quickly. As for the whole sneak attack, I have decided that in my mind Yara sneaks in with a handful of ironborn, while the rest are split into diversion and escape duties. He plan is to get in and get out with Theon and have a small army to help her escape. It doesn't go as well as planned (especially since Theon was in the kennels and not dungeon) and seeing Theon's state, she is forced to escape while she can.

As for Theon being not skinny enough, that's book Theon not show Theon. Just because Ramsey in the show is flaying and torturing Theon, doesn't mean he wants to starve him. He is treating him like a dog, probably feeding him leftover table scraps and chunks of meat.

Archived