The Good Wife 2: The Good Fight Season 2

Mladen

We needed three years to get second edition :)

Catch phrase work in progress... Any ideas are more than welcome...

Continuing the discussion. Last post by Zorral:

What you all already said. Good episode.

From the look on Kalinda's face when Diane asked, "Is he dying or is trying to screw me?" we knew the answer would be, because it's CANNING!, "He's dying and he's trying to screw you." This is a leopard that never changes his spots. Or a scorpion, which must sting, so if there's no one else to sting, it stings itself (that last is false folklore, of course, but Canning, that is who he is). This - this - is going to be interesting. And so is Finn's campaign going to be.

My heart's breaking for Alicia now. Been there, done that. It's awful. And you don't move on from this so quickly. You really have no idea of who you are. Of course, what it ultimately means down the road, that since you don't feel you're anybody you can try out other things. But she did walk away from the lithium battery guy and the Good Wine. Too bad. Because it would have helped for a few minutes to have some Good Wine with somebody who doesn't know you. Then you'd be back where you were, but for a few minutes you're out of that.

Well. Sometimes, anyway.

Well, this isn't a board that's all much interested in woman focused anything, at least when it's not fantasy or sf! :)

As for catch phrases -- I apologize in advance for not knowing for what. :(

Is it only one more episode to go?

I hope there's more about the election because watching Eli in action doing what Eli does is so splendid. :) Also, he seems to be missing the campaigning business, because, we did notice just how fast he took over doing what Finn should have been doing and getting Finn to do, teaching Finn what he needs to do and how to do it. So smoothly too.

We needed three years to get second edition :)

Well, it took us something like 3 years to start a thread in the first place. So, I call this progress.

That was a great song they used this episode.

I have missed Eli. He makes every episode better. Although I like the character and the actor, it feels like the Finn storyline is moving a little too fast.

Zach trying to give Alicia tech support over the phone was agonizingly familiar. :p

Thought I'd poke my head in here. I've been working my way through (currently mid-way through Season 2) and I'm really enjoying it! What I like the most about the show is that the show runners do a really good of building up a mythology (for lack of a better word). There's a strong and consistent world around the courthouse - I love the way that you see the same judges and lawyers on the opposition bench repeatedly, for example. And within SLG (or LGB, as it becomes) there are enough recurring characters to make it feel like a full and busy workplace rather than just the illusion of one. It's interesting that the two best shows at doing this on US network TV at the moment are both on CBS - Person of Interest and this. I know CBS gets a lot of stick for being a play-by-the-numbers channel, but I'm not sure it deserves that label when it's putting out programming like this!

ST

If you're just watching season 2, beware the spoilers flying low here.

I really liked the last episode, especially Eli and Finn interactions. Louis Canning plotting with David Lee despite his condition has a big potential as well.

I just kinda regret Carry is being marginalised this season.

I've been doing my best to avoid the spoilers - I saw a lot of chatter about something big happening a couple of months back, so I've been avoiding most discussions online. I figured with a fresh thread there was less chance of me having to take a forget-me-now...

ST

I've been doing my best to avoid the spoilers - I saw a lot of chatter about something big happening a couple of months back, so I've been avoiding most discussions online. I figured with a fresh thread there was less chance of me having to take a forget-me-now...

ST

Watch fast. ;) Although I found, when I was catching up myself, that that wasn't hard. The real problem was not channelling Alicia in my everyday life, minus the swanky clothes.

Watch fast. ;) Although I found, when I was catching up myself, that that wasn't hard. The real problem was not channelling Alicia in my everyday life, minus the swanky clothes.

I began watching this show when season 4 was about to start, if I'm not mistaken. It only took me some three or four weeks to watch the previous seasons, and, while I agree with you that it's easy to avoid spoilers for this show, going on a thread entirely dedicated to it hardly seems like the best option lol

So, I suggest we use spoiler-tags for the details that could actually ruin the show for Sir Thursday (you know which I'm talking about), and normally discuss the things that aren't that heavy, perhaps?

I never count on people's self-control on this board. ;) Tagging relevant spoilers is reasonable; ST, let us know when you've caught up, and do try to stay out of the thread until then.

I don't think Cary had been marginalized at all...

:agree: I've really enjoyed how Cary's taken the reins when necessary, is tougher and often holds things together.

I never count on people's self-control on this board. ;) Tagging relevant spoilers is reasonable; ST, let us know when you've caught up, and do try to stay out of the thread until then.

Oh, don't do anything different on my account :P. I've got a few seasons to get through, but it's enjoyable enough that it shouldn't take too long.

I just watched the episode about the Social Network type rip-off. I guess it must be coincidence because they designed the set long ago, but there was a striking resemblance between the room where they held all the depositions in the episode and the one in the film itself. 'Twas very amusing :D.

ST

I don't think Cary had been marginalized at all...

Well, we didn't have the Carey-centered episode, so I assume that is the reason why some people think he is being marginalized. I would agree with you. I like Carey and Alicia being a team. It is an interesting dynamics.

Oh, don't do anything different on my account :P. I've got a few seasons to get through, but it's enjoyable enough that it shouldn't take too long.

I just watched the episode about the Social Network type rip-off. I guess it must be coincidence because they designed the set long ago, but there was a striking resemblance between the room where they held all the depositions in the episode and the one in the film itself. 'Twas very amusing :D.

ST

Oh, no... We are doing this... We will use spoiler tags and publicly bitch about it and you will be our reason... So, my advice to you is to sit in front of TV or computer, and start the marathon to the last episode... :)

Well, we didn't have the Carey-centered episode, so I assume that is the reason why some people think he is being marginalized. I would agree with you. I like Carey and Alicia being a team. It is an interesting dynamics.

Oh, no... We are doing this... We will use spoiler tags and publicly bitch about it and you will be our reason... So, my advice to you is to sit in front of TV or computer, and start the marathon to the last episode... :)

Yikes, what a threat! :P I'll get right on that ;).

Just watched the episode with the talking lion :lmao:.

ST

So, once again, I get the honors of opening the discussion for the new episode. And this one was good, as usual.

The one among many things why we love TGW is its name. The Good Wife. It all started that way and during the way, it upgraded into something more, a far more tantalizing and dangerous creature. But, for all the subtleties and changes, that aspect has never been utterly removed from the wonderful portrait of Alicia Florrick. And I like it. Because, unlike in many other shows, the mother and wife are not colliding with business woman, but complementing each other, making rather unique appearance on US TV (or at least of what I have seen).

Now, because of Sir Thursday, we have to use spoiler tags... (I promised we I will whine about that :))

This episode is nicely revolving around Diane. I think we can expect rather epic fight between Diane and the rest of LGC. I always liked that about her, the incredible mix of decency and toughness. She is not a victim here, she is not someone we should pity, and in that last scene with Carey and Alicia, it is brilliantly shown. She is a decent person with high morals, but if you screw her, watch yourself. Canning is getting down, just like Stern, Bond and all those who screwed Diane. For the record, I can't wait to see Peter pay for what he is done. There is that deep notion of decency surviving in the business world in form of Diane. It may not be easy, it may hurt, but you can survive in the jungle by being the good guy too...

Moving to Paisley/Alicia/Canning. This one was funny... I like how they played the minority cards with the jurors. It has become somewhat more frequent issue on the show. We had the Muslim/NSA, now this Jew/Greek/Italian thing. But the best part was Louis and Alicia in front of TV cheering/hoping for a certain thing to be said. And Alicia as racist? LOL. Also, has anyone enjoyed found completely inappropriate how Howard called Canning "challenged"?

Now, political portion was also nice. Again, Finn was like the babe in the woods, lost for Alicia to show him the way. This is becoming a bit repetitive... I need Finn to step up and claim what he wants. Eli was also great this episode. Him going from Peter to Alicia was a nice touch, a sign that he genuinely cares with the mix of humor in his dealing with the intern/blogger was brilliant. Eli always walked that thin line of being absolutely amazing in handling things. There is so much about him, and I feel he represents the entire spectrum of dealing with people, from being the cold SOB to the caring person. Mix that with ambition and you have rather great "handler". Lastly, oh Peter... I never liked him (apparently I have issues with cheating husbands :) At least future Mrs Mladen will know I won't cheat on her) but this full circle we are making, and back to basics was a bit disappointing. But I kinda wish to see the contrast between new uncaring Alicia and the first season Alicia who truly loved Peter.

Loving this episode - laughed so hard at the idiot CEO digging himself into the holocaust, (enjoyed Howard bumbling his way around political correctness as well, though I find it a bit of a stretch that they've got one just one Jewish lawyer.) And the moment Peter poured that water I knew it was going to end up in Castro's face sooner rather than later. That kind of contemptous, childish physical gesture is just so him. I love that consistency of characterization. (Noooo! Not another intern!) Ayn Rand was a bit much though.

Huge The Good Wife fan, but this is my first time posting here.

Before Will died, I was sure that we were going to end up with FLAG... Florick, Lockhart, Agos, and Gardner in the end.

But now it looks like Dianne will be battling for her position in her own firm. While I look forward to Dianne kicking some butt over at LG, in the end I think she will join FA (or is it AF?) and bring a whole lot of big clients with her. ALF will be born! (No word yet an whether any cats will be eaten.)

Quite frankly, Florick Agos needs Dianne to manage day to day operations, and they need the influx of big name clients [read here: cash] she'd bring with her. Dianne has always been a favorite (and Christine Baranski is amazing,) so I might be biased.

So, once again, I get the honors of opening the discussion for the new episode. And this one was good, as usual.

The one among many things why we love TGW is its name. The Good Wife. It all started that way and during the way, it upgraded into something more, a far more tantalizing and dangerous creature. But, for all the subtleties and changes, that aspect has never been utterly removed from the wonderful portrait of Alicia Florrick. And I like it. Because, unlike in many other shows, the mother and wife are not colliding with business woman, but complementing each other, making rather unique appearance on US TV (or at least of what I have seen).

Now, because of Sir Thursday, we have to use spoiler tags... (I promised we I will whine about that :))

This episode is nicely revolving around Diane. I think we can expect rather epic fight between Diane and the rest of LGC. I always liked that about her, the incredible mix of decency and toughness. She is not a victim here, she is not someone we should pity, and in that last scene with Carey and Alicia, it is brilliantly shown. She is a decent person with high morals, but if you screw her, watch yourself. Canning is getting down, just like Stern, Bond and all those who screwed Diane. For the record, I can't wait to see Peter pay for what he is done. There is that deep notion of decency surviving in the business world in form of Diane. It may not be easy, it may hurt, but you can survive in the jungle by being the good guy too...

Moving to Paisley/Alicia/Canning. This one was funny... I like how they played the minority cards with the jurors. It has become somewhat more frequent issue on the show. We had the Muslim/NSA, now this Jew/Greek/Italian thing. But the best part was Louis and Alicia in front of TV cheering/hoping for a certain thing to be said. And Alicia as racist? LOL. Also, has anyone enjoyed found completely inappropriate how Howard called Canning "challenged"?

Now, political portion was also nice. Again, Finn was like the babe in the woods, lost for Alicia to show him the way. This is becoming a bit repetitive... I need Finn to step up and claim what he wants. Eli was also great this episode. Him going from Peter to Alicia was a nice touch, a sign that he genuinely cares with the mix of humor in his dealing with the intern/blogger was brilliant. Eli always walked that thin line of being absolutely amazing in handling things. There is so much about him, and I feel he represents the entire spectrum of dealing with people, from being the cold SOB to the caring person. Mix that with ambition and you have rather great "handler". Lastly, oh Peter... I never liked him (apparently I have issues with cheating husbands :) At least future Mrs Mladen will know I won't cheat on her) but this full circle we are making, and back to basics was a bit disappointing. But I kinda wish to see the contrast between new uncaring Alicia and the first season Alicia who truly loved Peter.

You get to be first because it seems our time zones allow it. By the time I'm ready to post the site is overloaded due to that other series that runs episodes on Sunday night. :) Yeah, I kinda got to think about it all a bit which includes the best thinking which is waking up and running things through while waiting to fall back asleep.

The writers don't know what to do with Kalinda at all.

But the rest of the episode was solid -- interesting and surprising with nice little twists, plus at least two open-ended potential lines of story: Peter and that horrible intern -- will he or won't he --, and Finn's revealed single-hood, and lack of fatherhood, thereby erasing the most obvious objections to a relationship with Alicia, if the writers want to keep the audience sympathetic to their protagonist.

Eli was up to his best in this episode too.

Archived