[BOOK SPOILERS] "Only Cat"?

Jonny Boy

I do wonder if they'll reveal Lady Stoneheart right after the moon door scene, and end the episode there. I know that's not the popular version of events here, but I can see it, and see the reasoning for it. It smacks show-only views with a WTF???? And then lets the show sit back, silent, for two weeks while the WTF buzz builds, garnering more hype and bigger numbers for the final episodes. IMHO, the season must end with Tyrion/Tywin/crossbow/whang, because that event literally changes everything in seasons to come. Tywin was all that kept the Lannisters in power, with Tywin dead and Tyrion on the run, viewers will know that next season will be wildly different than anything they've seen until now. Again, more hype for next season.

I agree with all those who feel that the reveal of Lady Stoneheart will be a shocker, a WTF element introduced into the Westeros world, but it is not, IMHO, a world-changing event. It is the death of Tywin Lannister, and at Tyrion's hands, that turns the Westeros world upside-down, and I see that the season-ender, not the reveal of Lady Stoneheart. Just my 2 cents.

I respect that reasoning and you are absolutely right about world-changing event but in terms of the story and shock value Stoneheart is so much bigger than Tywin. Tyrion and Tywin have always had this difficult relationship. A son killing his father is such a popular theme in fiction and I bet people predicted some of it. It's a major, major even and a terrific scene but in terms of a scene so shocking and cliffhanger so unexpected it turns your blood ice cold, for me nothing tops Stoneheart. It's the only scene that genuinely frightened me in the books and I'm sure her reveal on the show will be super scary and creepy too.

They have also been setting her up for practically 2 seasons - Bran's creepy dream, BwB, all the mentions of Cat. I'd consider having her anywhere else than as final scene of the season a cop out.

I am fine with the Only Cat scene on ep7. Yeah, it would have made great material for the season finale, but there will be loads anyway, and I imagine Unsullied paying way more attention to the toilet scene or LS revelation otherwise. I like the idea of an episode dedicated to the Eerye (I imagine they would give it as much space as they gave to the trial in the last one), instead of minor bits spread across 3-4 episodes.

I also like how they are organising the second half of this season, each episode featuring a major event in different parts of Westeros (the Trial, Only Cat, the combat, the battle of the Wall and the Toilet Scene/LS) instead of leaving most of them for the finale. I heard a lot of complains, from Unsullied and not, during the last couple of seasons about not much happening in several episodes, usually at the beginning of the season and before episode nine (also after episode 9, e.g.last season). This year it's definitely not happening, at least not after episode four.

Last but not least, for me it doesn't matter in which episode the Only Cat scene is gonna be as long as they deliver it in a way that lives up to my expectations.

I'm sort of glad it's happening this week. Due to there being minor battles in the last 2 weeks, I think the trail by combat would lose some of its impact being in this episode. I hope the LS reveal might somehow be tied back to Nymeria seeing them pulling her body out of the water or something like that.

It's possible that the scene with the Hound demonstrating to Arya the gift of mercy is in this episode as the setting in the promo seem to mirror the "Nothing is just nothing" conversation Arya has with the dying man beside the cart we saw in the Foreshadowing video.

I'm sort of glad it's happening this week. Due to there being minor battles in the last 2 weeks, I think the trail by combat would lose some of its impact being in this episode. I hope the LS reveal might somehow be tied back to Nymeria seeing them pulling her body out of the water or something like that.

Isn't it way too late for Nymeria thing?

Isn't it way too late for Nymeria thing?

I'm inclined to think so. Wasn't Cat pulled out 3 days after the RW? I think if we're getting any Nymeria, it will be a wolf dream for Ayra next season.

I do wonder if they'll reveal Lady Stoneheart right after the moon door scene, and end the episode there. I know that's not the popular version of events here, but I can see it, and see the reasoning for it. It smacks show-only views with a WTF???? And then lets the show sit back, silent, for two weeks while the WTF buzz builds, garnering more hype and bigger numbers for the final episodes. IMHO, the season must end with Tyrion/Tywin/crossbow/whang, because that event literally changes everything in seasons to come. Tywin was all that kept the Lannisters in power, with Tywin dead and Tyrion on the run, viewers will know that next season will be wildly different than anything they've seen until now. Again, more hype for next season.

I agree with all those who feel that the reveal of Lady Stoneheart will be a shocker, a WTF element introduced into the Westeros world, but it is not, IMHO, a world-changing event. It is the death of Tywin Lannister, and at Tyrion's hands, that turns the Westeros world upside-down, and I see that the season-ender, not the reveal of Lady Stoneheart. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed that Tywin's Elvis impression is the greater impact, but its a closer. LSH is an opener. So Tywin's Elvis impression will be Ep09, and LSH will either lay the cliffhanger for next season, or (I hope) actually open next season.

Agreed that Tywin's Elvis impression is the greater impact, but its a closer. LSH is an opener. So Tywin's Elvis impression will be Ep09, and LSH will either lay the cliffhanger for next season, or (I hope) actually open next season.

ep. 9 is only the battle.

Excellent perspective. Thanks.

So how are they going to convince people that TV-Lysa is going to overpower Sophie Turner. That is going to look less realistic than the Ramsey fighting naked thing.

Prepare for another round of Sansa is weak, helpless and stupid..

So how are they going to convince people that TV-Lysa is going to overpower Sophie Turner. That is going to look less realistic than the Ramsey fighting naked thing.

Well Sansa's hardly a fighter ("gently bred") and Lysa is fueled by the power of being batshit, so it's not shocking that she could get her in a compromised position (hanging out the Moon Door), especially given that the attack is surprising to Sansa.

You know, that actually hasn't been my experience as of late. I mean sure, there are ALWAYS haters. And those people are so far gone that Sansa could kill every single person in Westeros with one hand while holding a Lemon cake in the other, and to them, she'd STILL be "stupid", "weak" and responsible for every Stark death since before she was born. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: But to "normal" people, I think she's garnered a lot of sympathy and 'positive' sentiments this season. Inbesides, after this episode, I don't imagine they're going to play her as being 'weak' anymore, so we won't have to worry about that characterization for long.

they better keep the kiss in the show. ahhh, thats going to be so hard to watch. but its going to be sooo fun to watch people react to it.

that must have been so terrible for sophie to film. poor girl

Umm, why?

I understood this is not her first kissing on set, so why should it be hard to film? Kissing your colleague is part of the job description for an actor.

Aren't you maybe projecting your emotions about Baelish on the the actor Gillen and aren't you presuming prematurely that Sansa can find Baelish nothing but disgusting? Cooking a soup of dislike for Baelish with Sansa's alleged feelings and Turner's alleged dislike of Gillen? They are actors who act, remember! They do their job and will certainly have brushed their teeth. Though it could be the other way round: Gillen dislikes kissing Turner since he gets a sore neck from stretching it and has to stand on tiptoe all the time ;)

Archived