[Book Spoilers] Brienne's Arc for Remainder of Season 4?

I love Brienne. I love both the book and show versions of Brienne, so I am excited to see how they handle her arc. I was curious to know what you guys think the remainder of Season 4 has in store for her. Specifically, I was thinking about the shows introduction of Lady Stoneheart as it relates to Brienne, and how/when these two stories will meet up/be introduced in the show. I thought they would introduce Stoneheart at the end of Season 3, but that didn't happen, so I really think/hope it could be at the end of this season, returning to the use of the supernatural for the season finale like they did in the first two seasons (much stronger finales, in my opinion, than last year). Then again, episode 10 is titled "Children" (or something like that), so that would be the finale's supernatural quota right there. Could they introduce both the children of the forest and lady stoneheart in the finale?

So back to my original question, if Lady Stoneheart is introduced in the books when the Brotherhood saves Brienne, and Brienne is just now embarking on her journey to search for Sansa, and we are already half way through the season, how is this going to play out? The way I see it, Brienne still needs to go to Maidenpool, the Whispers, and the Saltpans/Quiet Isles before she is captured and meets Stoneheart. I think the Quiet Isles will be cut (no reason, just a feeling), but I will be extremely disappointed if Maidenpool and the Whispers don't make it into the show. What do you guys think? Will D&D respect her story line and let it play out? Will we make it to Lady Stoneheart this season?

We know from "The North Remembers" that that stretch of road Brienne and Pod were traveling is near King's Landing. That suggests that they're still in the Crownlands. I would imagine that it would take weeks to get to the Inn at the Crossroads, and they still have to cross the wartorn Riverlands. I'm thinking that they can't get there this season, but who knows?

From all the experiences I had with the show, I'm sure her journey will be cut a lot - ok, better saying, adapted. I do think that Maindenpool and the Whispers have good chances in being in the show, but they'l probably change the scenario.And I bet everything that Hyle Hunt will not appear. I suppose we will know in the episode of the next week, in which [show spoiler??]

she and Pod will be following a new clue. There's also the fact that Brienne is gonna have that fight in which she chops someone's ear off, but as it won't be with Vargo/Locke, I have absolutely no clue who will take his place.

I also think that the greatest way to end this season would be with her meeting with Stoneheart, but that would chop A LOT of her arc and also Jaime's in a way, she'd have nothing to do unless they already use material from the Winds in the next season. I think the last scene this year will have Stoneheart hanging some Freys.

We know from "The North Remembers" that that stretch of road Brienne and Pod were traveling is near King's Landing. That suggests that they're still in the Crownlands. I would imagine that it would take weeks to get to the Inn at the Crossroads, and they still have to cross the wartorn Riverlands. I'm thinking that they can't get there this season, but who knows?

Didn't she say that it would take weeks for her to get to the Wall? That line did make me laugh.

We know from "The North Remembers" that that stretch of road Brienne and Pod were traveling is near King's Landing. That suggests that they're still in the Crownlands. I would imagine that it would take weeks to get to the Inn at the Crossroads Inn, and they still have to cross the wartorn Riverlands. I'm thinking that they can't get there this season, but who knows?

Locke got to Castle Black in no time at all from the Dreadfought and he wouldn't have had the benefit of having easy access to the Kings Road. The distance between the Dreadfought to the Wall is around the same length as the crow flys as Kings Landing is to the Crossroad Inn. Difference is the Kings Road leads stright to the Crossroads Inn. You would have to travel miles just to get to the Kingsroad from the Dreadfought. Source

I wouldn't use distance in the show as a indication of how long it should take a character to arrive some where.

I love Brienne. I love both the book and show versions of Brienne, so I am excited to see how they handle her arc. I was curious to know what you guys think the remainder of Season 4 has in store for her. Specifically, I was thinking about the shows introduction of Lady Stoneheart as it relates to Brienne, and how/when these two stories will meet up/be introduced in the show. I thought they would introduce Stoneheart at the end of Season 3, but that didn't happen, so I really think/hope it could be at the end of this season, returning to the use of the supernatural for the season finale like they did in the first two seasons (much stronger finales, in my opinion, than last year). Then again, episode 10 is titled "Children" (or something like that), so that would be the finale's supernatural quota right there. Could they introduce both the children of the forest and lady stoneheart in the finale?

So back to my original question, if Lady Stoneheart is introduced in the books when the Brotherhood saves Brienne, and Brienne is just now embarking on her journey to search for Sansa, and we are already half way through the season, how is this going to play out? The way I see it, Brienne still needs to go to Maidenpool, the Whispers, and the Saltpans/Quiet Isles before she is captured and meets Stoneheart. I think the Quiet Isles will be cut (no reason, just a feeling), but I will be extremely disappointed if Maidenpool and the Whispers don't make it into the show. What do you guys think? Will D&D respect her story line and let it play out? Will we make it to Lady Stoneheart this season?

I believe that she won't go to the Quiet Isle, because she really doesn't need to in the show. They aren't limited to the POV structure, so whenever they need to update the audience on what's going on with Sandor, they can do it in a number of other ways. Brienne "knowing" that Sandor is "dead" may not even be important to what she does later.

Archived