Possible CotF and Wights in Essos according to App

I just posted this in the general section but I felt it belonged more here.

The app states that there was a society of Forest people who lived deep in the forest of the kingdom of the Iefqevron who carves trees (possible CotF in Essos) and a city of bloodless men in the Far East of essos who people claim to be reanimated corpses due to dark magic...

What are your takes on this? Could their have been a long night in essos before westeros? Were there multiple heroes who stopped the same long night in different regions of the world could AA been the Essos last Hero? Idk anyone have any guesses why these hints would be put in the app? I Love the history of the world and I'm super excited for the world book!

When I read the app I never thought that bloodless men were wights , I imagined pale zombies, but you could be right.

Ifequeveron could be the Cotf.

Jhogwin are stone giants, according to Dothraki.

When I read the app I never thought that bloodless men were wights , I imagined pale zombies, but you could be right.

Ifequeveron could be the Cotf.

Jhogwin are stone giants, according to Dothraki.

I know it's unrealistic but I would love to see a PoV of someone exploring these lands, maybe see some stone giants, winged men and more, or maybe even a flash back to original Dothraki khalisaar conquering some of these region.

oooohhh!!

the description also said:

"The Ifequevron left behind one settlement in the forest, a place of carved trees and haunted grottoes, now called Vaes Leisi--or "City of Ghosts"--by the Dothraki"

Grottoes are basically caves!

“Men should not go wandering in this place,” Leaf warned them. “The river you hear is swift and black, and flows down and down to a sunless sea. And there are passages that go even deeper, bottomless pits and sudden shafts, forgotten ways that lead to the very center of the earth. Even my people have not explored them all, and we have lived here for a thousand thousand of your man-years.” - ADWD, Bran III

Could it be that the CoTF (of Westeros) have not yet discovered the deep caverns and walkway leading to the other side of the continent, Essos? Pathways from the Greenseer (BR) throne that may lead to this one settlement in the middle of the forest, the throne room of the Greenseer of Essos, whoever he/she may be.

According to the creator of the Dothraki language, Ifequevron is the name of a deadly forest spider.

Source: http://forum.dothraki.org/beginners/map-translations/

I always took the names of the lands in the far east of Essos with a grain of salt- i.e. the farther from the Westeros one gets, the taller the tales of the lands beyond (land of shrikes, blood men etc..)

Whenever I hear about this deadly forest spider/ifequevron thing, I'm reminded of GRRM's short story This Tower of Ashes. Without spoiling too much, its story involves a type of deadly spider whose venom sends the victim to a sort of dream world. Gared's description of freezing to death in the GoT prologue always seemed reminiscient of that, to me. Anyway I do wonder if these spiders might gain some kind of significance in the coming books, and if there is any relation to the giant ice spiders we've heard so much about...

I've always wondered if the strange little dwarfish guys at the House of the Undying are a sort of Essosian version of the CotF, or even anti-CotF. The trees that Shade of the Evening is made from seem to be anti-weirwoods, black bark and blue leaves. Shade of the Evening and Weirwood Paste seem to have similar functions.

Whenever I hear about this deadly forest spider/ifequevron thing, I'm reminded of GRRM's short story This Tower of Ashes. Without spoiling too much, its story involves a type of deadly spider whose venom sends the victim to a sort of dream world. Gared's description of freezing to death in the GoT prologue always seemed reminiscient of that, to me. Anyway I do wonder if these spiders might gain some kind of significance in the coming books, and if there is any relation to the giant ice spiders we've heard so much about...

Yea I agree, I read both Dreamsongs vol 1&2, It does remind you of the tower of ashes short that he wrote, and it does have a lot to do with dreams, Which reminds me of greensdreams, and also puts me on to thinking that maybe the warlocks from qarth could be using the venom from the spiders for magic purposes.

Seriously, Velitgar. This has pretty much been thoroughly disproven. You know they're not Brandon's descendants. You just cannot emotionally detach yourself from your theory yet.

... No, it hasn't.

Ifequevron is the worst name I've heard in the entire ASOIAF related material.

The worst place name perhaps. But compared to "Yezzan zo Qaggaz" it's not so bad

Ifeqevron = decendants of the stranded fleet of Brandon the Shipwright

pfff, no way.

Ifequevron (I think it sounds cool) means wood walkers, I know the deadly spider thing but I don't know if it's canon anymore.

I only have the maps, not the app, but the cities of the bloodless men (I'm assuming that what you're talking about) is too far south (south of the grey waste, which is a desert) and, since it's colored green and not white, doesn't contain any snow or ice at all.

The kingdoms of the Ifeqevron could indeed be the children of the Forest, but I think the cities of the Bloodless Men are another kind of undead. Vampires maybe? It wouldn't surprise me, as the city of the Winged Men isn't too far away from the cities of the Bloodless Men and it's said that those people have wings. So anything is possible on Essos.

Then again, both winged men or Essosian wights might be made up.

George R. R. Martin has stated that the maps are not meant to be perfect, especially the map of the known world. They don't show everything, and Martin has said "The idea was to do something representing the lands and seas of which, say, a maester of the Citadel might be aware... and while the maesters know more about Asshai and the lands beyond than a medieval monk knew about Cathay, distance remains a factor, and past a certain point legends and myths will creep here. Here there be winged men, and such."

is the stone man/ bloodless man town what tyrion sees? i got the inpesion these ppl where havely aflicted bij grayscale, not whites.

if there are cotf eny where els( could be do to, see above) en they make the ww or wights they could be there as i don't think white's in the dessert would be frozen, more like mummy's no cloth thow, thats silly^^

i like the theory, a tunnel would be a bit much thow, no air inside en all we know those tunnels don't work, Wirewood connedtion could be.

i'd love it if AA is the prommised prinse some where else, they could work together to save the wall/westeros en then just find out hole essos is been whited/mummefied. ^^ bit out there...

there are a lot of winged man that are not vampires in lore en legend, en most vampires or not mantiont for the wings first.

btw vampires en bloodless men is the worst comby ever ^^

Archived