A Compendium of Theories v.2

Angalin

Forgive me for not providing a link, but I'm a mobile user and navigation isn't that easy. There's a fascinating theory on the board that suggests that Ned's mother is from Skagos and details why Rickon is heading there. If someone could be so kind as to link to it in the OP that'd be great; it's definitely worth a look.

Forgive me for not providing a link, but I'm a mobile user and navigation isn't that easy. There's a fascinating theory on the board that suggests that Ned's mother is from Skagos and details why Rickon is heading there. If someone could be so kind as to link to it in the OP that'd be great; it's definitely worth a look.

SPOILER FROM WOIAF

Ned's mother isn't from Skagos. She was Stark, Rickard's cousin

One post in one year gap is a lot of talk? :) Can't imagine how we would call it if there were two posts...

Not in the same thread. But lately the same theory Mellario=Lemore have been discussed in many threads about Lemore so I thought that it will be easier for people who are interested to find it.

OK, time for another link. I am adding this wonderful analysis of Cat Stark - The Wisdom of Catelyn Tully as a very thorough and positive view on the moves Catelyn Stark has done during her life. When the time comes, this analysis will find its place among many others... Gratitude goes to the OP of that amazing thread, Salinda.

Edited by Mladen

i think doran plays a big game here ....

i think he is into the plan of varys

i dont know whether anyone has doubted him like iam going to be now...but please iam unable to make a new post ....i dont know why iam unable to do that..so dear fellow posters so please tell me if iam correct or wrong on this one

doron speaks of vengence ...dont anyone think his anger might be on RHEAGAR himself than others because lets be frank ...he left ELIA for LYANNA ......did DORAN will really forget about this iam not sure about that ...i know that dorne may encourage of having many paramours ...but iam not believing that doran will forgive the dragon prince for that

what better way to get vengence to place a BF prince in the place of real targ and practically ending targaryan line

this may explain his poor aid to quentyn on his quest to meet danny when compared to aryanne when she goes to meet aegon

so fellow members what do you think of this one

i think doran plays a big game here ....

i think he is into the plan of varys

i dont know whether anyone has doubted him like iam going to be now...but please iam unable to make a new post ....i dont know why iam unable to do that..so dear fellow posters so please tell me if iam correct or wrong on this one

doron speaks of vengence ...dont anyone think his anger might be on RHEAGAR himself than others because lets be frank ...he left ELIA for LYANNA ......did DORAN will really forget about this iam not sure about that ...i know that dorne may encourage of having many paramours ...but iam not believing that doran will forgive the dragon prince for that

what better way to get vengence to place a BF prince in the place of real targ and practically ending targaryan line

this may explain his poor aid to quentyn on his quest to meet danny when compared to aryanne when she goes to meet aegon

so fellow members what do you think of this one

To quote the OP:

Please have in mind that this thread serves as the encyclopedic list of the theories, analyses and threads on this board. The whole point of this thread is to have organized list of many great and outside-the-box ideas that were posted at some point on this board. This thread is not for discussing the theories, or questioning them in any way, as it is your guide through the thousands and thousands of threads and posts on General section of this forum. We also warmly invite you to link us all the theories that you feel deserve to be included, as also to give us feedback of what we might have missed.

Open the thread where we can discuss it. There we can tell you what we think.

Cheerio.

Probably good etiquette to link to the original thread and all.

Hey... Nice to see you around...

I was just curious about something, I don't really frequent this thread but was wondering what decides a theory being posted here? I don't write many theories myself, only a few to date, but I never got why some are posted here and some are not when all of general serves the same purpose, posting theories and such.

Is it popularity, personal opinion, preference. Do the mods decide, a poster, just curious about it. Some of those theories and such are pretty good but some of them have blatant holes in them, it just seemed sort of an odd mix to me. One is already proven and as such is not a theory, though I it does deserve some form of credit. And I hate to say it but it seems some are posted on personal bias, which you know seems an odd way to decide anything. I just really don't get it.

It says popular and widely excepted. So I was sort of wondering something? I notice they have a pole system over in the tv section for grading the episodes of the show. I was wondering if there is any chance that a poll system can be applied to this thread as well? I know you can't do it for every theory at once, but I thought maybe a one theory a month thing with a simple scale. Though I would get it if that might cause to much of of a stir, or you don't want to see peoples theories get hammered in some cases, because I hear humans have feelings.

I am rather curious to see what is actually popular and excepted and what is just posted here because someone likes the idea.

Oh and I would like to submit R+L=J v 82 for future consideration. It doesn't exist yet but I have a feeling it will at some point.

ETA make that version 84 or possible 85, that thread moves fast.

Edited by Ser Creighton

The original list was compiled by the OP in version one. The additioms to the current OP were selected by a mod. All the other posts are ad hoc.

As far as I know, I am not a mod :)

snip

R+L=J is on v83. It passed... When I asked for permission to update the thread, I went through the last edition, as some analysis I considered belong here and weren't included. Naturally, not all threads are included and as such, line must be drawn. Some of people may be angry, but I have decided that the most popular theories as well as some of the finest analysis comes into this thread. Personally, I had no preferences here. I know some things are missing, that is why this is an open thread...

As far as I know, I am not a mod :)

R+L=J is on v83. It passed... When I asked for permission to update the thread, I went through the last edition, as some analysis I considered belong here and weren't included. Naturally, not all threads are included and as such, line must be drawn. Some of people may be angry, but I have decided that the most popular theories as well as some of the finest analysis comes into this thread. Personally, I had no preferences here. I know some things are missing, that is why this is an open thread...

Question was already answered, honestly I was just curious if there was some sort of criteria standard or it was opinion based. It's opinion based, all good, not a big deal just wanted to know how it worked. I am sure you will do a fine job. Understand my curiosity stems from the idea of grading something called a theory that's all. Simple understanding that theories based off literary work tends to make them really hard to grade. You know this is really good and this is really bad, when it's all theoretical and has it's share obsessive fans.

Yes I am sure some will be upset, you will do your best, and honestly I feel a little sorry for you. I have never really read this thread before but I get the sense that you will be on the receiving end of a lot of "why not's" And I can promise you, it's not something you will ever here from me, I figure they get posted anyway right? In the same section of the same thread. I admit I would like my own pinned thread permanently pinned to the very top of the thread. But that's not going to happen good luck, if I come across anything really good I will be sure not to bother you with it and let someone else do it.

Now if you had a snarky smart ass section on this thread, I could probably get something posted pretty quick. :) Good luck with this.