A Compendium of Theories v.2

Angalin

Um, no, you're not. I believe the OP for the current thread is Angalin. But thank you for clarifying your status. :)

Do me a favor. Read the OP. I wrote it...

Question was already answered, honestly I was just curious if there was some sort of criteria standard or it was opinion based. It's opinion based, all good, not a big deal just wanted to know how it worked. I am sure you will do a fine job. Understand my curiosity stems from the idea of grading something called a theory that's all. Simple understanding that theories based off literary work tends to make them really hard to grade. You know this is really good and this is really bad, when it's all theoretical and has it's share obsessive fans.

Yes I am sure some will be upset, you will do your best, and honestly I feel a little sorry for you. I have never really read this thread before but I get the sense that you will be on the receiving end of a lot of "why not's" And I can promise you, it's not something you will ever here from me, I figure they get posted anyway right? In the same section of the same thread. I admit I would like my own pinned thread permanently pinned to the very top of the thread. But that's not going to happen good luck, if I come across anything really good I will be sure not to bother you with it and let someone else do it.

Now if you had a snarky smart ass section on this thread, I could probably get something posted pretty quick. :) Good luck with this.

I honestly don't understand your point here. I suppose I should thank you for the pity. I have updated this thread with some threads, and some I wish I included, but at that moment I simply didn't remember them, like Ragnarok's Tywin essays which is amazing thread, or some other threads... That is why, as I said, this is an opened, not closed thread where people link the threads they liked etc. If you think I have forgotten something, please let us all know. Otherwise, I sincerely don't see the point of all of this.

I honestly don't understand your point here. I suppose I should thank you for the pity. I have updated this thread with some threads, and some I wish I included, but at that moment I simply didn't remember them, like Ragnarok's Tywin essays which is amazing thread, or some other threads... That is why, as I said, this is an opened, not closed thread where people link the threads they liked etc. If you think I have forgotten something, please let us all know. Otherwise, I sincerely don't see the point of all of this.

There is no point I asked a question you responded I responded back and then wished you the best. That's it. It was simple curiosity about how this thread works. Was it criteria based or opinion based? It's opinion based that's the answer. You said some people might get upset, I agreed and basically said I wouldn't be one of them.

How would I know what you put up, I didn't know what the original list looked like. I just wanted to know how this thread works. That's it, I got the answer, you or whoever was running this before decides what they think is a good theory and posts a link in the OP to promote specific theories deemed popular or widely excepted and it's your job to decide that.

I got the answer, I understood the answer, wished you luck made a couple of jokes and that's it. It wasn't a statement it was a question, the point was I was curious. I will not ask any questions again sorry for the trouble.

Oh, I see, well... um... I'm sorry for denying your accomplishment. I'm sure your parents must be or would be very proud.

(Just kiddin around. :) Ser Creighton said I could post snarky smart ass comments here.)

I suppose it's relevant to note here, if anyone is able to edit this:

And some further ideas I think should be added to the OP: Who will be the Faith's Champion against Ser Robert Strong, Loras and Dragonstone and to the re-read projects I think the Learning to Lead: A re-read project of the Dany and Jon DwD chapters is a very good read too.

Thank you to the author of V.1 and whoever is now in charge of V.2, your work is appreciated :)

Damn... this is an AWESOME thread.

I will definitely get sucked down the ASOIAF-Theory-Blackhole (ATB) over the next couple days! O.M.G.

(My short theory: Jon/Dany/Tyrion are the three-headed dragon... all born from the same dad: Rhaegar)

Edited by Pengwin7

Not exactly groundbreaking, but I like the Myrcella Might be Dead Theory. A theory about how Myrcella might have died after the confrontation with Hotah and his men.

If there is a Parallels section, or at least parallels supporting a certain Valonqar theory, then Ill shamelessly promote my thread about the parallels between Cersei and Lysa, and how they point out to Jaime being the Valonqar :leaving: .

I'd like to submit my own theory for review.

Connecting the 3 Heads of the Dragon - Examining the Pattern in 3

This theory does more than offer (from my perspective) a lot of solid connections between each theorized head, but delves into Tyrion's potentially secret lineage, and addressess the House of the Undying triplet.

Thanks for your consideration.

Edited by pobeb

Mod note: if you have a problem with another poster or want a post clarified, it is actually possible to send a PM directly to that person, ask politely to have the issue addressed and explain why. This may be a revolutionary concept, I know, but with practice it gets easier.

• 2 weeks later...