A Compendium of Theories v.2

Angalin

I just read the "Septa Lemore = Ashara Dayne" theory and though it has a lot of holes, I do think it interesting that she appears to be the only named, attractive female character whose eye color is not described, but on the other hand that does seem very cheap to not include Tyrion noticing something like that. If it was a normal eye color, it would still be a deviation from the normal level of detail in character descriptions but it would be an omission of the omniscient narrator, not unusual that Tyrion's thoughts would not go there. As it is, I wonder if there could be a magic in effect. If you were going into hiding and were famous for having an unusual eye color, it would be something you would have to do something about. Even if the book narrator doesn't notice, other people will. Now, if it was either some kind of glamour to change the eye color or maybe even a natural dye applied by eyedrops that was planned to be revealed later, the text could say "she had brown eyes", maybe even drop a hint in there and a red herring by drawing attention to the eye color, like "unremarkably brown eyes" or "deep brown eyes" or something like that. Instead he, quite noticeably, does not notice the eye color at all.

I'm reminded of an old SF novel, A Gift from Earth, in which the protagonist has a psychic power that gives him a sort of semi-realistic invisibility - when he's nervous, people see him without noticing him at all. It was really kind of interesting, people would subconsciously move around him, it wasn't like he was transparent, but they would completely forget he was there (it also kept the character a virgin into adulthood, because every time he was about to lose his virginity he would get nervous and the girl would forget he was there). It seems in keeping with the often subtle effects magic has in the series to have some kind of enchantment to make people just not notice something, like eye color, instead of actually changing the appearance of that thing. Perhaps the kind of illusions that Melisandre creates are only possible now that magic is gaining power, but Lemore has been hiding out for a long time.

Did anyone break down what their theories were with the Ghost of High Hearts dreams? If so, I haven't heard them.

"I dreamt a wolf howling in the rain, but no one heard his grief, I dreamt such a clangor I thought my head might burst, drums and horns and pipes and screams, but the saddest sound was the little bells. I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow."

I think we can easily assume that most of this is detail of the Red Wedding but nobody can be certain what the last part means. It's likely Sansa because of the hair net but the part with a snow castle ?

Did anyone break down what their theories were with the Ghost of High Hearts dreams? If so, I haven't heard them.

"I dreamt a wolf howling in the rain, but no one heard his grief, I dreamt such a clangor I thought my head might burst, drums and horns and pipes and screams, but the saddest sound was the little bells. I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow."

I think we can easily assume that most of this is detail of the Red Wedding but nobody can be certain what the last part means. It's likely Sansa because of the hair net but the part with a snow castle ?

It's likely to be Sweetrobin, remember the Snow Winterfell Sansa built and he destroyed?

It's likely to be Sweetrobin, remember the Snow Winterfell Sansa built and he destroyed?

I favor the theory that the giant is Littlefinger and that Sansa will be his undoing either in Winterfell or in a snow-filled Eyrie. LF's grandfather was from Bravos and when he was knighted he chose the Titan as his sigil. True LF changed his sigil to the mockingbird but I feel that would have been WAY too obvious and would have given away the game. The titan is a more subtle reference.