A Compendium of Theories v.2

Angalin

• 3 weeks later...

What is the leading theory on Summerhall? I was reading that part of TWOIAF last night and am now fascinated even more by it, but not sure where to read/discuss, and I don't really want to start the umpteenth "ZOMG Summerhall theory!" thread.

Does Davos' rescue of one royal-blooded boy (Edric) by sending him across the Narrow Sea foreshadow the later revelation that Varys had also rescued a royal-blooded boy (Aegon) by sending him across the Narrow Sea?

Davos stood up and took it like a man. Varys, well he's Varys. If you believe the pisswater prince switcheroo, might I interest you in a choice vacation property in Valyria?

Excellent theory about Theon, his wee wee and gang rape (not mine):

http://emiliosandoz.tumblr.com/post/91408667498/why-book-theon-still-has-his-dick-and-what-it

Basically it argues that Theon wasn't surgically emasculated but gang raped, which in the eyes of a Westerosi would also be emasculating to a great extent.

Its points are:

1. Theon doesn't fear being naked; he fears being naked in front of Ramsay/Roose and their guards, or highborn

2. Some scenes are not quite in line with him being castrated

3. Theon does not refer to himsel as 'not even a man' - he only seems to have this feeling in the presence of Ramsay, implying it's a psychical effect of Ramsay's torture, not a physical one

Edited by Roose 'Dreadfort' Bolton

Excellent theory about Theon, his wee wee and gang rape (not mine):

http://emiliosandoz.tumblr.com/post/91408667498/why-book-theon-still-has-his-dick-and-what-it

Basically it argues that Theon wasn't surgically emasculated but gang raped, which in the eyes of a Westerosi would also be emasculating to a great extent.

Its points are:

1. Theon doesn't fear being naked; he fears being naked in front of Ramsay/Roose and their guards, or highborn

2. Some scenes are not quite in line with him being castrated

3. Theon does not refer to himsel as 'not even a man' - he only seems to have this feeling in the presence of Ramsay, implying it's a psychical effect of Ramsay's torture, not a physical one

Yet when Ramsay orders Theon to make his bride ready for him, he says something along the lines of "But how, my lord? I have no--" at which point Ramsay says to use his mouth, and then "Reek bent to his task."

I was reading a thread on the HOTU visions, and started to wonder: why do we all assume that the woman breast feeding Aegon is Elia? People have noted that Rhaegar seems very close with this woman, very loving. Is it possible that the woman is Lyanna? She is never described...

I was reading a thread on the HOTU visions, and started to wonder: why do we all assume that the woman breast feeding Aegon is Elia? People have noted that Rhaegar seems very close with this woman, very loving. Is it possible that the woman is Lyanna? She is never described...

I think GRRM has confirmed this, but I can't find the SSM in which he does.

Edit: The confirmation is mentioned here, but without source.

Edited by Eurybia

• 4 weeks later...

I have a theory that Robert Arryn the lord of the Vale is in fact the son of Petyr Baelish not Jon Arryn.The supporting factors here are that in his youth Jon Arryn had blonde hair and also that Petyr has had sex with Lysa on several occasions

Possibly of interest to you then may be this thread http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/133323-sweetrobins-parentage-speculation-about-harry-minor-spoilers-for-alayne-i/

There are going to be AWESOME to look at when the GRRM's Song of Ice and Fire is done. Especially the really well thought out, beautifully crafted theories that turn out to be DEAD WRONG.

I'm sure a few of my own little theories are off base. Infact, when i finished the first book, I thought Robb Stark would end up chopping off jon's head for deserting the watch...

Ok can I ask for my Darkstar was a Squire at the tower of Joy theory to be added. I know it started as crackpot but I'm actually pretty convinced now .

That could indeed be quite true.

Rhaella Targaryen + Arthur Dayne = Gerold Darkstar Dayne

(270 AL, Rhaella's stillborn, isn't  a stillborn, it's a boy called Gerold, that is hidden and brought away from KL soon after birth)

i always thought that ned and sandor had similar attitude. although they have different fates.

Ned: has one older wilder bro (Brandon); and a younger sister that he loved so much (Lyanna)

Sandor: pretty much the same, except his bro's crazier (Gregor) and he also had a younger sister whom we never knew about.

only Ned was raised with no facial burns while Sandor did. and Ned's childhood is filled with love, while Sandor's is filled with fear.

but both of them are as honorable as fuck. (even the Hound persona has some honor of his own)

which is a good thing...but also a stupid thing, as Petyr Baelish states.

i always thought that ned and sandor had similar attitude. although they have different fates.

Ned: has one older wilder bro (Brandon); and a younger sister that he loved so much (Lyanna)

Sandor: pretty much the same, except his bro's crazier (Gregor) and he also had a younger sister whom we never knew about.

only Ned was raised with no facial burns while Sandor did. and Ned's childhood is filled with love, while Sandor's is filled with fear.

but both of them are as honorable as fuck. (even the Hound persona has some honor of his own)

which is a good thing...but also a stupid thing, as Petyr Baelish states.

Hello, I have been lurking for several months now and love reading all of these theories! Is there anything that contains everything about Old Nan e.g. Her tales and origins etc? :)

well... alot of theories revolves around Old Nan, one of the most popular ones is that she's Shiera Seastar.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/24gmx3/spoilers_all_theory_on_old_nans_true_identity/

i'm originally from reddit, but decided to hang out here too.