A Compendium of Theories v.2

Angalin

I have developed some theories:

One predicting events in the Vale I expect to happen in tWoW, called Sansa and the Giants, based on foreshadowing and GoHH prophecy (an avalanche disaster + attack by Burned Men and allied mountain clans + death of SR, HtH and LF)
Then I have a theory regarding the Faceless Men and Arya's role with them: the Valyrie of the FM

And then there is a vast analysis on the significance of bears that are so prominently used in the books in several arcs and POVs (well most): the bear and the maiden fair

Lyanna died because she gave birth to THREE babies, each with a different father.  Daenerys was fathered by Rhaegar, Jon was fathered by Benjen, and Meera was fathered by Howland.  Lyanna was a little ho.  Also a cat.

I believe she had triplets too, but I don't think that each one had a different father.  Two were Howland's and one was Rhaegar's.

Hi, new member here (har!)

I've read as much of the forum as I can, and not sure if I've seen this brought up.  I've seen where Tyrion is suspected of being fathered by Aerys, but is it possible that Cersei (and Jamie) were the ones fathered by Aerys?  Cersei's descent into madness parallels Aerys very well (paranoia, burning the hand's tower) and she certainly has the beauty, the propensity for incest, and the hair of a targaryen.  And Aerys asked Joanna if her boobs were ruined from breastfeeding, he would have known that if he had hooked up with her after the twins were born in order to father Tyrion.  

Tyrion is also very much Tywin's son: smart, cunning, likes whores.  Might explain why he was kept around, when many dwarves were sent off or killed, if he was Tywin's only son.   

Hi, new member here (har!)

I've read as much of the forum as I can, and not sure if I've seen this brought up.  I've seen where Tyrion is suspected of being fathered by Aerys, but is it possible that Cersei (and Jamie) were the ones fathered by Aerys?  Cersei's descent into madness parallels Aerys very well (paranoia, burning the hand's tower) and she certainly has the beauty, the propensity for incest, and the hair of a targaryen.  And Aerys asked Joanna if her boobs were ruined from breastfeeding, he would have known that if he had hooked up with her after the twins were born in order to father Tyrion.  

Tyrion is also very much Tywin's son: smart, cunning, likes whores.  Might explain why he was kept around, when many dwarves were sent off or killed, if he was Tywin's only son.   

This seems to have been ruled out by the timeline established by The World of Ice and Fire under the section discussing Aerys's relations with Tywin. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have begun a project based on a new theory that the wheel of time of rebirth, life, and death is never ending...what has happened before will happen again, except this time someone has opened the great hinge of Westeros and changed the board, much like the in world game of Cyvasse. What was once north is now south, and east is now west. Various Houses are destined to relive past lives. Two prominent examples are the Ironborn are on the cusp of reliving Aegon the Conqueror and the Targaryens. And the Martells are reliving the Lannisters. You may read my OP through the link in my signature called the Wheel of Time.

I would like to ask where we can discuss the topic of Rhaegar and Lyanna since the previous topic was closed?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/107376-rhaegar-and-lyanna-what-do-we-even-really-know/#entry5636702

I made a similar "new"  thread about this topic but it was closed, because the moderators informed me that there was already a thread about this but I cannot find it. If someone can help me l would appreciated. Thank you

On 31.3.2016 at 1:36 AM, Feather Crystal said:

I have begun a project based on a new theory that the wheel of time of rebirth, life, and death is never ending...what has happened before will happen again, except this time someone has opened the great hinge of Westeros and changed the board, much like the in world game of Cyvasse. What was once north is now south, and east is now west. Various Houses are destined to relive past lives. Two prominent examples are the Ironborn are on the cusp of reliving Aegon the Conqueror and the Targaryens. And the Martells are reliving the Lannisters. You may read my OP through the link in my signature called the Wheel of Time.

Who will be the knew Mad King or Queen?

The new Jaime Lannister?

1 hour ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Who will be the knew Mad King or Queen?

The new Jaime Lannister?

I am only part way through the theory. It's more than just one essay. It's a project encompassing 30 essays! lol

There are 30 uniquely named POV chapters spread out between a AFFC and ADWD that I am in the midst of deciphering. These chapters are more than they appear on the surface. If you'd like to read my opening essay and some of the chapters that I have completed you can start here: Wheel of Time project

I am currently deciphering the 5th chapter, The Drowned Man. I may get this one completed this weekend.

I haven't identified any of the characters you've mentioned...yet.

12 minutes ago, Feather Crystal said:

I am only part way through the theory. It's more than just one essay. It's a project encompassing 30 essays! lol

There are 30 uniquely named POV chapters spread out between a AFFC and ADWD that I am in the midst of deciphering. These chapters are more than they appear on the surface. If you'd like to read my opening essay and some of the chapters that I have completed you can start here: Wheel of Time project

I am currently deciphering the 5th chapter, The Drowned Man. I may get this one completed this weekend.

I haven't identified any of the characters you've mentioned...yet.

- I think that Daenerys will be the new Rhaneyra fighting agains fAegon the new Aegon the Elder, who do you think will be Daenerys's Daemon? I think Jaime Lannister or Aurane Waters would fit in as Daemon.

- I also think that Daenerys will have a conflict and that the Iron Isles will support fAegon, and  the Lannisters will support Daenerys. House Lannister will not be happy about the next sack of king's landing.....

- Tyrion will be Daenerys's new Corlys Velaryon.

Your thoughts?

1 hour ago, norwaywolf123 said:

- I think that Daenerys will be the new Rhaneyra fighting agains fAegon the new Aegon the Elder, who do you think will be Daenerys's Daemon? I think Jaime Lannister or Aurane Waters would fit in as Daemon.

- I also think that Daenerys will have a conflict and that the Iron Isles will support fAegon, and  the Lannisters will support Daenerys. House Lannister will not be happy about the next sack of king's landing.....

- Tyrion will be Daenerys's new Corlys Velaryon.

Your thoughts?

Maybe take the discussion to where the essays are?

• 2 weeks later...
On 07 maggio 2014 at 10:39 PM, Angalin said:

A continuation of the original thread.

NB: This thread is not for discussion of theories; it is only here to list them.

The list below has now been updated by Mladen for this iteration of the thread.

Welcome to the second edition of Compendium of Theories thread. The thread was opened in January 2013, and since then, it became must-read for all those who want to learn about popular and widely-accepted theories on this board. Since last January, the thread was updated several times, and this opportunity demands the updated list of everything that has been theorized in the past year.

Please have in mind that this thread serves as the encyclopedic list of the theories, analyses and threads on this board. The whole point of this thread is to have organized list of many great and outside-the-box ideas that were posted at some point on this board. This thread is not for discussing the theories, or questioning them in any way, as it is your guide through the thousands and thousands of threads and posts on General section of this forum. We also warmly invite you to link us all the theories that you feel deserve to be included, as also to give us feedback of what we might have missed.

This time, we will update the Compendium with the links from the Citadel that might give you the better understanding of certain theories. Also, we will divide the list into several categories that will make your search easier.

Spoiler tags added for length:

Hidden Content

Hi I'm new (and not a mother tongue) so forgive me if I'm doing something wrong with the reply, but I don't think I've seen the theory - many people think it's true - that says Tyrion will die in the end from a belated form of greyscale killing him from inside out, turning into a gargoyle and so fullfilling both the prediction that his mouth will be his end and the dream he had in ACOK:

The key points of the theory are:

1- Twyin, Varis and Tyrion himself always said he'll die because of his inability to keep his mouth shut.

2 - when he swallows black water (potentially getting greyscale), it happens like that:

"When he opened his mouth to curse them all, black water filled his lungs, and the dark closed in around him.

3- back in ACOK, he had a dream where he was experiecing exactly the same that happens to people who suffer from greyscale 

He would have asked one of the silent sisters, but when he tried to speak he found he had no mouth. Smooth seamless skin covered his teeth. The discovery terrified him. How could he live without a mouth? He began to run. The city was not far. He would be safe inside the city, away from all these dead. He did not belong with the dead. He had no mouth, but he was still a living man. No, a lion, a lion, and alive. But when he reached the city walls, the gates were shut against him.-Tyrion Dream COK

4- greyscale can be silent for a long period of time and start from inside, so one can't tell he's ill

When will we be certain that I’m clean?“ "Truly?” said the Halfmaester. “Never. You swallowed half the river. You may be going grey even now, turning to stone from inside out, starting with your heart and lungs. ADWD 

5- Tyrion is constantly compared to gargoyles (as Shireen, who suffered from greyscale also was), so that he might literally turn into stone (because he didn't just get touched, he swallowed half the river) and so literally become stone resembling a little gargoyle

The gargoyles watched him ascend. Their eyes glowed red as hot coals in a brazier. Perhaps once they had been lions, but now they were twisted and grotesque.  (Bran)

Tyrion Lannister was sitting on the ledge above the door to the Great Hall, looking for all the world like a gargoyle. -GOT

Bugger Joffrey, bugger the queen, and bugger that twisted little gargoyle she calls a brother. Jon

Motionless as a gargoyle, Tyrion Lannister hunched on one knee atop a merlon. 

"You are a lovely girl. It seems almost obscene to squander such sweet innocence on that gargoyle. Cersei to Sansa 

Speaking for the grotesques…” Tyrion to Jamie 

"Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with ... snarling in the midst of all. ”-Moquorro

“The falling snow had covered almost all of it, but part of one gargoyle still poked above the drift, its grotesque face snarling sightless at the sky. 

I have to say if this Tyrion's endgame I'm going to ask for my money back, but it seems pretty likely unless it's misdirection.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if someone has already raised it in this thread, but the theory that Tyrion is a chimera - the result of two embryos merging into one, to explain why he is not just a dwarf but a particularly awkward and stunted looking dwarf, and has two eye colours and two different hair types which differ not just in colour (black v blond) but texture. The first part of this theory is just that he a chimera, the second part is he is the offspring of both Tywin and Aerys. The scientific term for chimera comes form the classical mythological fearsome flying creature that had the head of a lion and the tail of a dragon.

I can't be helpful and link a thread because I haven't see in laid out properly - just seen people allude to it in other threads. It is fully worked out on forums other than ASOIF.