A Compendium of Theories v.2

Angalin

Just now, Daeron the Daring said:

You mean Tyene Sand is the granddaughter of Alys Arryn? Cause Alys Arryn had a daughter that became a septa, and that septa could be the mother of Tyene. Alys not so much.

But I like the idea, if that's what you tought about? Weren't the Arryns geberally blondes anyway, or is that something I picked up from a game? (CK2's AGOT mod, I can only reccomend it, thou a new version is coming as well)

Yeah I made a mistake; Tyene would be the granddaughter.

I picked it up from a description of Harry Hardyng who is described as being blond, blue-eyed, and looking similar to what Jon Arryn looked like in his youth, and the fact that Tyene's coloring is noticeably rare in Dorne. The only Arryn who is known to have different coloring is the brown-haired Robert "Sweetrobin", and that could be due to his maternal grandfather Hoster, who was also described as having brown hair... unless you believe that Petyr is Sweetrobin's father.

4 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Yeah I made a mistake; Tyene would be the granddaughter.

I picked it up from a description of Harry Hardyng who is described as being blond, blue-eyed, and looking similar to what Jon Arryn looked like in his youth, and the fact that Tyene's coloring is noticeably rare in Dorne. The only Arryn who is known to have different coloring is the brown-haired Robert "Sweetrobin", and that could be due to his maternal grandfather Hoster, who was also described as having brown hair... unless you believe that Petyr is Sweetrobin's father.

Well, knowing George, this could easily be the case. Now whenever I think of Tyene, rhis will come to my mind, and I think that's great. Kinda like the idea.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2022 at 4:50 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Is it possible that Tyene Sand is the granddaughter of Alys Arryn, the unnamed one who was scarred from the pox and became a septa? Tyene's physical appearance (blonde hair, blue eyes) is noted as being unusual for the Dornish, and Harry Hardyng, the current heir to House Arryn, is described as looking like Jon Arryn in his youth.

My favorite theory re secret identities is that Alys Arryn's daughter became Septa Nysterica, who works for the Tyrells and is pox-marked. Mostly because it's a fun quirk and doesn't change anything major in the plot.

With that said, this could easily work and both could even work together, if we squint at timelines.

• 4 months later...