Angalin

A Compendium of Theories v.2

How come?

He was gay.

When I made the comment I forgot TWOIAF actually names Olenna, I just thought it wasn't Prince Duncan. Looked it up. It's just the wrong prince.

Is the OP still being updated?

It might not have gone as she claimed, but he certainly existed.

Just the wrong prince. I wouldn't say the theory is confirmed, but the word 'disproved' might be too harsh. She was very close.

Just the wrong prince. I wouldn't say the theory is confirmed, but the word 'disproved' might be too harsh. She was very close.

We might be talking about two different theories then.. I've seen theories for Olenna's Targaryen prince having been Aerion (disproven), the then-still-unnamed-Daeron (correct), and Duncan and Jaehaerys.. Basically every known male Targaryen of the correct age.. I've also seen the theory that there was no Targaryen Prince, and that she was just trying to make herself more impressive to Sansa... That one is certainly disproven..

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

We might be talking about two different theories then.. I've seen theories for Olenna's Targaryen prince having been Aerion (disproven), the then-still-unnamed-Daeron (correct), and Duncan and Jaehaerys.. Basically every known male Targaryen of the correct age.. I've also seen the theory that there was no Targaryen Prince, and that she was just trying to make herself more impressive to Sansa... That one is certainly disproven..

The one that is in the compendium is about Duncan being the Targ prince.

Is it possible it was Maester Aemon she was referring to? Aemon laments a lost love when he is speaking to Sam.

Is it possible it was Maester Aemon she was referring to? Aemon laments a lost love when he is speaking to Sam.

No. The World Book specified which Targaryen it was. Not Aemon.

Daeron, the youngest son of Aegon V

I'd like to learn more about old popular theories that have been confirmed or debunked over the years, is there such a thread?

I'd like to learn more about old popular theories that have been confirmed or debunked over the years, is there such a thread?

:agree: :agree:

I think that would be interesting too. Let me know if you found such a source!

:agree: :agree:

I think that would be interesting too. Let me know if you found such a source!

I'd like this as well. I must begin hunting for old theories

Nobody has listed the "Quentyn is Alive / Tatters is Dead" Theory

As far as I know, the idea was first proposed here:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/61113-did-quentyn-succeed-spoilers/

A better development of the theory is here:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/61463-the-dragon-rider-adwd-spoilers/

Some further discussion here includes some discussion, pro and con, from released chapters of Book 6: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/113671-quentyn-martell-adwd-spoilers/

This is not to be confused another theory about the Quentyn sent by Doran being a changeling, and that the real Quentyn is alive even though the Quentyn we know is or may be dead. If I find that theory, I'll edit this post to add a link.