The Official World of Ice and Fire Cover

Fwiw, I like the UK cover more than the US cover ;) :thumbsup:

I feel the opposite. :) The burning shade of red is striking. The downside to my choice is having to ship it from US. (I'd usually order from UK.)

The quality itself seems satisfying, a big, sturdy book - an investment piece.

I noticed in the background, next to Anne G, a box, seems as if just opened to fetch the book for the pic, and I was like... "There's more of them. I must have them."

Oh I like both covers, the UK colours are just more to my taste. This is the first hard cover I will have bought in a while (first physical copy of a book in a while actually). There is something rather warm and fuzzy about the first opening of New book....

See this is why I'm always the geeky girl thG people give a wide berth to :p

There is something rather warm and fuzzy about the first opening of New book....

See this is why I'm always the geeky girl thG people give a wide berth to :p

:)

I never "break" the book. I read under particular angle to avoid besmirching the book (folding, dog's ears) . I also sniff the books, regularly. Sometimes I put a perfume tester in the book I am reading so at the some point in the future when I am to revisit the story, I get a full-on olfactory experience - and few can match that.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Are attendees going to be allowed to open the book and read a bit?

I guess they were :dunno:

The worldbook won't be released until October, so it wasn't for sale at San Diego, but Bantam had a couple of advance copies hot off the presses at the Random House booth, for lucky fans to open, peruse, and drool over. Not mock-ups, either. This is the real book.

Yes, I admit, I'm surprised no one seems to have actually leafed through it. I suspect that GRRM, not having attended the booth proper, is not absolutely accurate on how the book was displayed. My guess is that it was under glass or otherwise not left around for people to browse through.

Yeah, that sounds plausible. It did seem odd to me that they would let people browse through it.

If they had multiple.copies then perhaps they displayed various artwork and maybe pages that have already been read/previewed?

Archived