Arrow 4: Clash of the Queens (Season 2 spoilers)

Mladen

This is when I realise I'm relatively new to DC lore (having only read them for the past 10 years!). I only really know of Anarky and Calculator from that list.

Heh, to be honest I really had to reach to think of tech villains that weren't Flash or Gotham villains :)

Calculator was the anti-oracle from the time I read about him, not so much of a hands on guy,

Felicity being Team Arrow's Oracle is probably why I thought of him, actually.

The Wiki entry for Sportsmaster mentions him dressing up in hockey outfit and football shorts and using exploding basketballs as weapons. On the one hand I kind of want to see that, on the other I'm not sure it'd make for an impressive recurring character. ;)

If you don't mind cartoons and have Netflix, check out Young Justice. It's possible to do a more serious take on Sportsmaster, though Jax is probably right-- it might be too much of a Deathstroke re-hash. He has a couple links to Green Arrow in that show, which again is probably why I made the connection.

Heh, to be honest I really had to reach to think of tech villains that weren't Flash or Gotham villains :)

Being Gotham villains has never stopped Arrow before! Although i do wonder if there's a list of who can and can't be used now Gotham is in production?

Concerning Flash, I guess there's no reason why a villain can't cross between shows. They could even make a joke out of it by having one get beat by Arrow only to try his luck in Flash's city and get beaten by him.

I wonder if the Flash show is going to use the accident to generate other super powered villains? Seems like an easy option although hopefully they won't lean on it to the extent that smallville did with the kryptonite meteor.

I wonder if the Flash show is going to use the accident to generate other super powered villains? Seems like an easy option although hopefully they won't lean on it to the extent that smallville did with the kryptonite meteor.

Well, Geoff Johns just hinted that they're bringing in Captain Cold (big surprise) and judging by Forever Evil, Johns prefers his CC using his cold gun rather than having a super-power.

I wonder how Thawne gets his super-speed...(please, no Negative Speed Force (what the heck does that even mean?))

Well, Geoff Johns just hinted that they're bringing in Captain Cold (big surprise) and judging by Forever Evil, Johns prefers his CC using his cold gun rather than having a super-power.

I wonder how Thawne gets his super-speed...(please, no Negative Speed Force (what the heck does that even mean?))

If the accident creates any other super powered beings, having Thawne be the one makes some sense.

Re: Flash... Don't mind the darker red of his costume. But the overall look. Ugh! What's with the leathery/(Ben Afflecky)/Daredevil look? If there was ever a superhero who cried out for spandex (reduce wind resistance and friction and such) it's the Flash, ffs.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Flash... Don't mind the darker red of his costume. But the overall look. Ugh! What's with the leathery/(Ben Afflecky)/Daredevil look? If there was ever a superhero who cried out for spandex (reduce wind resistance and friction and such) it's the Flash, ffs.

I prefer the leather trend over spandex, tbh. To make the spandex work, the actor needs a certain body type (or plastic inserts underneath which look worse).

Think of the leather like a protective biker's suit.

Was just going to post that. I suppose that would pretty much seal it that there are no plans to make this part of the greater "DC Cinematic Universe." No way they have the former Superman ever potentially in any show with the current.

I don't know anything about the character and have no real time to check, but he really surprised me in Chuck. I'm happy about this.

Yeah, I feel sorry for Routh, he didn't do anything wrong at all as Superman but it seems to have sunk his career (although I guess Christopher Reeve was never that big outside the role either). He was fun in Chuck and Scott Pilgrim so I'm confident he'll do a good job here.

I'm surprised it's the Atom, the clues had me thinking Kord Blue Beetle but I guess the recent Blue Beetle (as alien tech armour) was rumoured to be in development as a cartoon/film/show so maybe that's one they can't touch.

Bleeding Cool pointed out how Mummy Queen's lawyer was Jean Loring - Ray Palmer's wife. They assume this'll be retconned or ignored in the show. Or they'll play the family name merry go round.

What I like about the addition of the character is that he's coming between Felicity and Oliver which suggests the showrunners are finally accepting that's the relationship that works. A season ago it would have been Ray Palmer coming between Laurel and Olly. This can only be a good sign. Still waiting for them to make some announement saying "this will be Laurel's year" unless they really are responding to criticism.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if others follow Amell on social media, but you should check out his superhero circuit videos of his training. He's a beast.

I wish I had a gym like that around me.

Yeah, I feel sorry for Routh, he didn't do anything wrong at all as Superman but it seems to have sunk his career (although I guess Christopher Reeve was never that big outside the role either). He was fun in Chuck and Scott Pilgrim so I'm confident he'll do a good job here.

I'm surprised it's the Atom, the clues had me thinking Kord Blue Beetle but I guess the recent Blue Beetle (as alien tech armour) was rumoured to be in development as a cartoon/film/show so maybe that's one they can't touch.

I think he's drug and legal problems had more to do w/ it then that movie. He never really stopped working. He just got lead rolls in smaller projects, and smaller parts in the few big project he has been able to land. I still want to see the Documentary that he's former roommate's made.

Archived