Arrow 4: Clash of the Queens (Season 2 spoilers)

Mladen

RE: Whether the episode's ending was handled badly...

I don't see it. I understand that Sara fans are going to be disappointed, but this was a great way to catapult into the season. For one, it doesn't matter when someone we don't care about dies. Hello, Game of Thrones. For two, this is a season opener, and ideally, something which will set up the season arc. The next episode is entitled "Sara," and we don't know the murderer as of yet.

Sara's death will have a huge impact on the entire cast. Whereas I felt Moira's death was a little ridiculous, Sara's death can go a long way in setting up a lot of great stuff, and I don't feel like there was necessarily anywhere left to go with her character. I felt like her reunion with Nyssa was her full circle last season.

Could she have been better integrated into the episode? Maybe. But, I think the quick appearance contributed to the shock of her death. It wasn't telegraphed, which I liked.

RE: Whether the episode's ending was handled badly...

I don't see it. I understand that Sara fans are going to be disappointed, but this was a great way to catapult into the season. For one, it doesn't matter when someone we don't care about dies. Hello, Game of Thrones. For two, this is a season opener, and ideally, something which will set up the season arc. The next episode is entitled "Sara," and we don't know the murderer as of yet.

Sara's death will have a huge impact on the entire cast. Whereas I felt Moira's death was a little ridiculous, Sara's death can go a long way in setting up a lot of great stuff, and I don't feel like there was necessarily anywhere left to go with her character. I felt like her reunion with Nyssa was her full circle last season.

Could she have been better integrated into the episode? Maybe. But, I think the quick appearance contributed to the shock of her death. It wasn't telegraphed, which I liked.

I'm going to reply in the S3 thread so we don't have to spoiler tag everything.

They could have simply gotten rid of her...

If only our votes counted. You know, killing her would get exactly the same place killing Sarah will.

Ms. Cassidy as we all know, is the star, and just couldn't be killed off of a show on this little network (again anyway), and her fans (even though I have yet to hear/see even one) would do bad things.

@BoB It isn't that they killed a "major" character, it is which one they killed, and why that we are unhappy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived