Aegon VI's Identity: Compiling the Evidence

Chebyshov

This sparked me to wonder if Ashara may have had an "inappropriate" relationship with Authur. Not much evidence to support it, but the timing of Ned telling her that Arthur is dead and then her committing suicide always struck me as curious. Again, I know there isn't much to support it. It was a passing idea more than anything else.

Come on. This can not be the truth. No more Jiame and Cersei. 

the only other "evidence" I could offer in support is that, IMO, GRRM has a tendency to have a character arc from the backstory in some way mirror a character arc in present story. so the tragic affair of arthur and ashara and how they both died COULD have some similarity to jaimie and cersei if you believe he's the volanqour and is going to strangle her. Again, it's not a 1:1 relationship between backstory and present story, but shades of a similar arc...if that makes any sense.

No one is going to think of the Blackfyre's because they are dead and irrelevant. Tyrion doesn't think of the blackfyres at al because he knows they are dead. Randyll Tarly or Mace Tyrell or anyone else at the small council never once mentioned the Blackfyres. So this assumption that everyone's going to think he's a BF needs to die.

Everyone is going to assume he's fake anyway, so it makes zero sense to disguise a BF as a Targaryen pretender for the sake of a few Dornish swords. I

The aren't all dead. The male line died out, but there were female Blackfyres who survived. However, if you actually read my post, I never said Aegon was a Blackfyre.

"Everyone is going to assume he's fake anyway" -- Yes, exactly. That is my point.... They'll assume he's fake, but wonder who he really is. Most logical assumption is to label him a Blackfyre (even if he isn't), especially since he's arriving with a sellsword company that was created to fight for the Blackfyres.

The aren't all dead. The male line died out, but there were female Blackfyres who survived. However, if you actually read my post, I never said Aegon was a Blackfyre.

"Everyone is going to assume he's fake anyway" -- Yes, exactly. That is my point.... They'll assume he's fake, but wonder who he really is. Most logical assumption is to label him a Blackfyre (even if he isn't), especially since he's arriving with a sellsword company that was created to fight for the Blackfyres.

Actually, we don't know if any female Blackfyres survived  That's just an assumption at this stage. For all we know, Illyrio saying "the male line is dead" is just another way of saying that the Blackfyres have been extinguished.

If that's your point then it's incorrect or at least there's very little to suggest that will happen. Did Tyrion think he was a BF? Did Mace Tyrell or Randall Tarly or Pycelle think he was a BF? They don't. In Tyrion's case not even as a passing thought. Ever wonder why?

Besides, that wasn't my point and wasn't addressed to your post. Should have made that clearer, my bad!.

My general point was, as everyone is going to be naturally assume he's fake anyway what's the point in disguising a BF as a Targ? There's no logical reason to disguise a BF as a Targ when the likelihood is that a BF Aegon would be treated far less skeptically than a Targ Aegon. That's without taking into account the absurdity of a BF rebellion placing a boy who thinks he's Targ on the throne. It follows then that the only reason to logically assume the identity of a Targ is either because he's a Targ of some variety or a random Valyrian looking boy looking to piggyback of the Targaryen name. The other possibility I guess is that Aegon is a BF after all but BF's are no longer fussed about the name. They have realized that BF=Targ in all but name.

umm...no we can't. that's the point.

It looks like many people believe his fake. And I am persuaded.
By the way, if he is son of indigo-eyed rhaegar and black-eyed elia, how come his eye color was lighter than Rhaegar? Based on JonCon observation.

It looks like many people believe his fake. And I am persuaded.
By the way, if he is son of indigo-eyed rhaegar and black-eyed elia, how come his eye color was lighter than Rhaegar? Based on JonCon observation.

Valyrian genes don't seem to carry over in a simple dominant-recessive fashion. Maekar Targaryen (and his brother Rhaegel?) also had typical Targaryen features (gold-silver hair and purple eyes) despite having a Dornish mother. Furthermore, Elia Martell would have carried Targaryen recessive genes of her own to Aegon through Daenerys Targaryen. Mariah Martell (Maekar's Dornish mother) would not have carried such genes.

Valyrian genes don't seem to carry over in a simple dominant-recessive fashion. Maekar Targaryen (and his brother Rhaegel?) also had typical Targaryen features (gold-silver hair and purple eyes) despite having a Dornish mother. Furthermore, Elia Martell would have carried Targaryen recessive genes of her own to Aegon through Daenerys Targaryen. Mariah Martell (Maekar's Dornish mother) would not have carried such genes.

Yeah. But still, that eye color comment was so suspicious. What is the point of this "lighter purple color than Rhaegar" thing?

Yeah. But still, that eye color comment was so suspicious. What is the point of this "lighter purple color than Rhaegar" thing?

Rhaegar, Viserys and Daenerys all have a different shade of purple for eye colour. Yet they have the same parents.

That JonCon remembers the colour of Rhaegars eyes so very well after eighteen years, would be a hint towards his love for his silver prince, I'd guess.

Rhaegar, Viserys and Daenerys all have a different shade of purple for eye colour. Yet they have the same parents.
That JonCon remembers the colour of Rhaegars eyes so very well after eighteen years, would be a hint towards his love for his silver prince, I'd guess.

Actually my question should be, what author wanted to tell us by this comment?
JonCon is in love with rhaegar we all know that.
What is the point to bring this comparison that his eye is lighter than rhaegar's.
I always feel this is a hint to indicate aegon may not be rhaegar's son.

But maybe I am wrong. JonCon was just trying to find rhaegar's features on aegon.

Yet they have the same parents.

do they? We only know Rhaella was the mother. She would have had to have conceived Dany for instance right about the time of the Sack of KL. Aerys was at the height of his madness and their coupling sounds more rapish coming from Jaime. I am just reminded of the Maggy prophecy, he'll have 16, you 3.

And Tywin threw a tourney for Viserys' birth. Not proof of anything but gives me a hmmmmm.

Just saying that we cant be sure.

The woods witch prophesied that the prince that was promised would be born from Aerys's and Rhaella's line. That could mean a child of Aerys mating with a child of Rhaella and not their child together.

do they? We only know Rhaella was the mother. She would have had to have conceived Dany for instance right about the time of the Sack of KL. Aerys was at the height of his madness and their coupling sounds more rapish coming from Jaime. I am just reminded of the Maggy prophecy, he'll have 16, you 3.And Tywin threw a tourney for Viserys' birth. Not proof of anything but gives me a hmmmmm.Just saying that we cant be sure.The woods witch prophesied that the prince that was promised would be born from Aerys's and Rhaella's line. That could mean a child of Aerys mating with a child of Rhaella and not their child together.

Actually Rhaegar is son of rhaella and bonifer the good. Lyanna is the daughter of Aerys and lyanna's mother. So rhaegar grabbed lyanna so that jon will be out of rhaella and aerys's line. Elia's mother was too dangerous and willful so Aerys did not manage to rape her. That is why rhaegar turned to lyanna.

i would love that 1. Aegon is who he claims he is: the trueborn son of Rhaegar and Elia

but while reading books these lines :"One of the dragon’s heads washed up on the Quiet Isle many years later, though by that time it was red with rust.” & “Black or red, a dragon is still a dragon" made strong impression on me,so reason tops hart :3. Aegon is not the son of Rhaegar, but is a Blackfyre

Actually my question should be, what author wanted to tell us by this comment?
JonCon is in love with rhaegar we all know that.
What is the point to bring this comparison that his eye is lighter than rhaegar's.
I always feel this is a hint to indicate aegon may not be rhaegar's son.

But maybe I am wrong. JonCon was just trying to find rhaegar's features on aegon.

I would guess that it is a show of how well JonCon remembers Rhaegar's facial features, and how well he has studies Rhaegar's face for comparisons between them.

do they? We only know Rhaella was the mother. She would have had to have conceived Dany for instance right about the time of the Sack of KL. Aerys was at the height of his madness and their coupling sounds more rapish coming from Jaime. I am just reminded of the Maggy prophecy, he'll have 16, you 3.

And Tywin threw a tourney for Viserys' birth. Not proof of anything but gives me a hmmmmm.

Just saying that we cant be sure.

The woods witch prophesied that the prince that was promised would be born from Aerys's and Rhaella's line. That could mean a child of Aerys mating with a child of Rhaella and not their child together.

Do we have any reason to doubt that Aerys is the father, in any of the three cases?

I would guess that it is a show of how well JonCon remembers Rhaegar's facial features, and how well he has studies Rhaegar's face for comparisons between them.

Do we have any reason to doubt that Aerys is the father, in any of the three cases?

Well, lets see. She was in love with some else who loved her so much he more or less became a celibate monk.

She had a bunch of miscarriages, still births and sickly children. This could suggest that any coupling with Aerys didn't work

Aerys thought she is unfaithful and stuck her in a tower. He might be made but most of his paranoia in hindsight doesn't seem that outlandish

So no direct evidence. But its a topic that is at least suggested. Its not something anyone is just making up.

Actually, we don't know if any female Blackfyres survived  That's just an assumption at this stage. For all we know, Illyrio saying "the male line is dead" is just another way of saying that the Blackfyres have been extinguished.

If that's your point then it's incorrect or at least there's very little to suggest that will happen. Did Tyrion think he was a BF? Did Mace Tyrell or Randall Tarly or Pycelle think he was a BF? They don't. In Tyrion's case not even as a passing thought. Ever wonder why?

Besides, that wasn't my point and wasn't addressed to your post. Should have made that clearer, my bad!.

My general point was, as everyone is going to be naturally assume he's fake anyway what's the point in disguising a BF as a Targ? There's no logical reason to disguise a BF as a Targ when the likelihood is that a BF Aegon would be treated far less skeptically than a Targ Aegon. That's without taking into account the absurdity of a BF rebellion placing a boy who thinks he's Targ on the throne. It follows then that the only reason to logically assume the identity of a Targ is either because he's a Targ of some variety or a random Valyrian looking boy looking to piggyback of the Targaryen name. The other possibility I guess is that Aegon is a BF after all but BF's are no longer fussed about the name. They have realized that BF=Targ in all but name.

It's IN the world of ice and fire book. It's not a speculation that the Blackfyres survived in the female line. WHO they are is a speculation, but that they exist is fact.

The logical reason to disguise a Blackfyre as a Targ would be to gain support from Targ loyalists left in Westeros. No one would support a Blackfyre.

Actually Rhaegar is son of rhaella and bonifer the good. Lyanna is the daughter of Aerys and lyanna's mother. So rhaegar grabbed lyanna so that jon will be out of rhaella and aerys's line. Elia's mother was too dangerous and willful so Aerys did not manage to rape her. That is why rhaegar turned to lyanna.

was this sarcastic?

or do you actually believe all of this is true?

Archived