The Controversial Sansa Chapter

benalapin

Interesting theory although I don't give it much credence. LF is already supplying Lyn with boys IIRC so he has no need to prey on Robin. As someone mentioned upthread it has been established that the Sansa chapter contains something that will be controversial to some members of the fandom so it seems unlikely that it involves child molestation which I assume would be abhorrent to all.

Personally I think that the nature of the controversy will have something directly to do with Sansa rather than the people around her. I am certain it will involve them too but I believe that she must have a big part to play in the controversial event. I am not convinced that LF will sexually abuse her. He wants her to accept his advances and is grooming her to become more comfortable with them, I can't see him wasting all his effort to rape her and turn her against him forever. He is far more cunning and controlled than that.

It could have something to do with the sweetsleep and Robin. Her actions when trying to get him safely down from the Eyrie were disturbing although I don't believe she had much choice. Her thought were the truly chilling part of that sequence however I am not convinced at all that she is going to play an active part in hurting or killing Robin.

Thinking about her thoughts in her last chapter she dismisses the danger to Robin posed by excessive consumption of sweetsleep and thinks something like "...father and I have bigger concerns" showing that she is becoming increasingly involved with his plans. My theory is that the controversy will surround her willingly going along with one of LF's diabolical plots and compromising her morality in a big way. Vague I know.

Before Littlefinger could do anything, what if Bronn, who have used the new wealth he has to build a army of Sell Swords, lead an attack on the the Vale.

it might happen since he made a comment about it in the First book.

IMO the controversial thing will have to do with the "darkening" of Sansa's character, as her tutelage under LF continues. That has happened to Arya and Bran already (I happen to believe the Jojenpaste theory - so sue me!) and I think will be happening to Sansa, Jon and the "Fine Young Canibal" Rickon in TWOW

For all his sins, I don't think rape is LF's MO so I don't see that happening. I suppose Sansa could get raped by Harry the Heir or someone else, but that seems a poor plot device somehow.

So my money is on a consensual liaison between LF and Sansa and/or Sansa doing something immoral vis-a-vis Sweet Robin (murder by drugs most likely, but possibly also Sansa seducing SR)

The only other plotline I can see brewing in the Vale is a potential unveiling of Alayne as Sansa, given that Shadrich the Mad Mouse (who was hunting her on Cersei's behalf) is now in the Vale. But if he were to "out" Sansa and Sansa finally got some agency and killed him or killed LF for that matter, I think most of the readership would go "yay!" - so I'm not sure would be so controversial

Exactly my point...

Catelyn never said that. She specifically said:

Which doesn't make him pedophile, if I know what the terms mean.

As for what Ran said, he actually said "that some quarters of fandom would find the chapter controversial" Some, not all. I assume that we would all find child molestation controversial. And thank you for explaining me the importance of what Ran says. I would have no idea...

The sarcasm is strong in this one. Sorry for assuming your ignorance, but I was trying to make a point. But your point is well made, and it makes sense. I guess it is better Robert does not get molested, but...

Better to see him grow up as Lord of the Vale, and continue the Arryn line.

I'd rather he dies in the series. Like, my first impression of him was that he is another Joffrey in the making, and I've had a slight dislike for him ever since he wanted Tyrion to "fly". Plus, the state he is in, he would definitely not be an adequate ruler of the Vale. If he grows up to learn how to be a good ruler and becomes a better person, then I'll be all for it. But in his current state, it'd be much crueler for the people of the Vale to have him as a leader, and it'd be much crueler for him to be alive.

IMO the controversial thing will have to do with the "darkening" of Sansa's character, as her tutelage under LF continues. That has happened to Arya and Bran already (I happen to believe the Jojenpaste theory - so sue me!) and I think will be happening to Sansa, Jon and the "Fine Young Canibal" Rickon in TWOW

For all his sins, I don't think rape is LF's MO so I don't see that happening. I suppose Sansa could get raped by Harry the Heir or someone else, but that seems a poor plot device somehow.

So my money is on a consensual liaison between LF and Sansa and/or Sansa doing something immoral vis-a-vis Sweet Robin (murder by drugs most likely, but possibly also Sansa seducing SR)

The only other plotline I can see brewing in the Vale is a potential unveiling of Alayne as Sansa, given that Shadrich the Mad Mouse (who was hunting her on Cersei's behalf) is now in the Vale. But if he were to "out" Sansa and Sansa finally got some agency and killed him or killed LF for that matter, I think most of the readership would go "yay!" - so I'm not sure would be so controversial

I've never thought of this...

I was happier then ;)

How silly. Like Lyn would kidnap the lord of the Vale to satisfy his own base desires-how is he going to hide him for one? Keep him quiet? Smuggle him out of a now crowded castle?

And can you imagine the wrath of the other Lords Declarant if he were found out? The risks far out-weigh any transient gains, which he could get from any stray lowborn boy.

Imo when Sansa first meats Harry the Heir he'll turn out to be a massive douche. She will not be happy about the prospect of marrying him (especially, when at the same time she get's a peak behind LF's mask), HtH one the other hand will probably fall in love with her. It will be Robert and Lyanna all over again.

When Sansa voices her discord and tries to get out of the marriage to HtH, LF will fully reveal his true colors by threatening SR. Now, he can't have SR killed yet (first, he needs to get some leverage on HtH), but he can threaten him in other ways. That's where Ser Lynn comes into play. Now, the reason why the chapter will only be controversial to some readers is because the threat will be veiled. Only those who previously picked up the hints that Ser Lynn might be a pedo, will be shocked. The rest will just think it's a generic violence threat, the books have a million of those.

It would also help set Ser Lynn up as a dangerous minor antagonist. I believe HtH and Ser Lynn will make for cool dual opponents for whoever meets up with Sansa in the future (my personal theory is that Gendry and Brienne will meet her first, and then we'll have Daenerys landing there).

I think Sansa will throw Baelish and herself to the cliffs before another forced marriage. Sansa the "little bird" escapes the cage, Petyr the Giant mockingbird is slain, and fans are left wondering "what was the point?" in a similar manner to Robbs death, and there wouldnt be anyone to take over POV responsibilities.

Sansa has had prior impulse to throw Joffrey and herself off the castle walls in Kings Landing.If Sansa is to be Catelyns proxy for Littlefinger it would show Catelyn would never of chosen Littlefinger, even if he was the only one.

The sarcasm is strong in this one. Sorry for assuming your ignorance, but I was trying to make a point. But your point is well made, and it makes sense. I guess it is better Robert does not get molested, but...

I'd rather he dies in the series. Like, my first impression of him was that he is another Joffrey in the making, and I've had a slight dislike for him ever since he wanted Tyrion to "fly". Plus, the state he is in, he would definitely not be an adequate ruler of the Vale. If he grows up to learn how to be a good ruler and becomes a better person, then I'll be all for it. But in his current state, it'd be much crueler for the people of the Vale to have him as a leader, and it'd be much crueler for him to be alive.

What's wrong with wanting to get rid of his father's murder?

I think Sansa will throw Baelish and herself to the cliffs before another forced marriage. Sansa the "little bird" escapes the cage, Petyr the Giant mockingbird is slain, and fans are left wondering "what was the point?" in a similar manner to Robbs death, and there wouldnt be anyone to take over POV responsibilities.

Sansa has had prior impulse to throw Joffrey and herself off the castle walls in Kings Landing.If Sansa is to be Catelyns proxy for Littlefinger it would show Catelyn would never of chosen Littlefinger, even if he was the only one.

Why wouldn't she just kill LF? Why would she want to die with him?

My personal theory is that Sansa will consent to sex with LF and then kill him and tell the Lords of the Vale it was rape. It will be controversial for those fans who think Sansa is a perfect saint, not so much for those who think she is learning to play the game just like LF, who even tells her that her beauty will be a dangerous tool. Sansa can reveal LF's crimes, like murdering Lysa and all that nonsense, plus the Lords Declarent are already eager to hate LF, and if she waits til after the wedding to Harry, then she will be the Lady of the Vale, and Sansa Stark.

Biggest downside to this theory is that LF would die, which not many people think will happen so soon. But even the best make mistakes, and death comes when you screw up, not because you are nice or not. LF wanting Sansa is a weakness, and it will betray him in the end.

Maybe Sansa will let him have her maidenhead voluntarily, to make him believe she's fallen for him, and to get a real hold on him.

Everybody is pointing to rape but that would be much more controversial.

(damn I should have read the post right above mine)

@Lee-Sensei: It would complete Sansas comparison to a little bird and its the most controversial thing I can think of with so many people hoping Sansa will reclaim Winterfell. I think Sansa will become sufficiently fed up with courtly fantasies, but we havent seen any shred of thought as to how Sansa would live without them. She just hasnt shown any initiative. Not to mention she's the only Stark left without a direwolf.

Controversial in some quarters may mean that it has something in it that Sansa fans or detractors will not like. It is unlikely to be anything like rape or murder, especially as her story is in set-up mode at the moment.

So it could be anything from her having more mis-memories, unwittingly aiding the poisoning of SR, beginning to be colder and more detached, something to do with Sandor that would cause debate, likewise Tyrion or Harry the Heir, or even her making a debatable move in who to trust.

As for Reddit.....Ugh!

Archived