Lollys Stokeworth Appreciation Thread

Mithras

Although Ser Bronn is a heartless SOAB, I believe the marriage will change him.

Change him long enough to get a trueborn son out of her, then poor little Tyrion product of a hundred smallfolk will meet an untimely end...

I am not sure lollys will mind though, BasTyrion will only serve to remind her of that horrific day and Bronn has bumped her up to inherit Castle Stokeworth. If BasTyion has an untimely accident later in life so of Bron's children can inherent without a bastard trying to press a claim, all the better.

I don't think Bronn plans something evil for Tyrion Tanner. The man really liked Tyrion and gave his name to the bastard.

I agree. Bronn's an ex-sellsword who came from nothing and just wants some good pay and easy living. He's not Catelyn Stark. I can't see him caring at all about having trueborn sons and heirs corrupted or contested by the presence of a *gasp* baseborn bastard child. Although it might be different if there were some golden dragons involved...

I agree that whatever is in store for Bronn, murdering little Tyrion isn't it. Bronn is a heartless bastard with lousy morals, but at least he's honest about that. Which is kinda contradictory I guess, but there it is.

ETA: I have very little to say about Lollys, she suffered through a terrible ordeal, but there just isn't enough characterization to say much about her. She seems mainly to be there for other characters' reactions to her.

I agree that whatever is in store for Bronn, murdering little Tyrion isn't it. Bronn is a heartless bastard with lousy morals, but at least he's honest about that. Which is kinda contradictory I guess, but there it is.

ETA: I have very little to say about Lollys, she suffered through a terrible ordeal, but there just isn't enough characterization to say much about her. She seems mainly to be there for other characters' reactions to her.

Exactly. The author doesn't either judge her or degrade her. He uses her character to allow the readers an insight into the medieval mind and the individuals that populate Westeros. People who make fun of her are likely to be judged harshly by the reader. Book readers dislike Shae and, to some extent, Tyrion for the way they talk or think about her.

I think we can learn a lot about central characters in light of their reaction to Lolly. Tyrion's cruel and heartless "witty" remarks about her first made me fully understand his flaws. Same applies to Cersei and Shae. Sansa on the other hand, who often is derided as shallow mean girl, treats Lollys with compassion and respect something that Lollys arguably notices - hence her crying at Sansa's wedding.

Oh and this is my 666th post. Nice :cool4:

I think we can learn a lot about central characters in light of their reaction to Lolly. Tyrion's cruel and heartless "witty" remarks about her first made me fully understand his flaws. Same applies to Cersei and Shae. Sansa on the other hand, who often is derided as shallow mean girl, treats Lollys with compassion and respect something that Lollys arguably notices - hence her crying at Sansa's wedding.

Yeah. Tyrion is no golden boy, even before his little murdering and raping spree.

I choose to believe that Bronn will learn her the ways of survival in a harsh world, she'll come back swinging and her son, little Tyrion, will strangle Cersei.

A man can dream, can't he? ;)

Or little tyrion will strangle Tyrion.

A girl can dream.

I guess I skimmed over the part where she cried at Sansa's wedding. I didn't know that she had such a bond with her, or even that she was capable of understanding what was going on around her. I guess it's been a long time since I read the books. I feel so sad for her now :(

Archived