Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

Wow, why did Tyrion get so angry? He should have realized Shae was testifying under duress. And why would he demand a trial by combat, he's going to lose!

And why did Yara run away from some dogs? The Ironborn should have been stronger, I expected more from them. They had shields too!

Didn't like this episode, was kind of boring :(

What does Tyrion have up his sleeve? Bronn?

I can't imagine who will be on the other side.

The previews have taken a little bit of the mystery out of it, if you have followed them closely since before the season started.

But, there are two things you need to ask yourself:

1) who is the one man that Tywin will call on to champion for him?

and

2) who is the one man that Tyrion will call on that will not turn down an opportunity to fight the man that Tywin will no doubt call on?

Edited by tricky92

Wow, why did Tyrion get so angry? He should have realized Shae was testifying under duress.

Yes, the duress that he put her through, not anything from Tywin or his men. If you recall, the only way he could convince her to leave King's Landing was to insult and reject her, and she very much took it to heart.

Yes, the duress that he put her through, not anything from Tywin or his men. If you recall, the only way he could convince her to leave King's Landing was to insult and reject her, and she very much took it to heart.

Poor Shae :(

Scorned by her lover, and coerced by Cersei to lie against her will. I feel sorry for her :(

Didn't like the Yara scene. They had 50 men, I expected more from the best killers of the Iron Islands. Guess their bark is worse than their bite :)

They should have killed the dogs in the cages. Just stick a sword through the cage! I thought Ironborn were more fearless, but I guess not.

And why was Ramsey fighting naked? What were those cuts from.... sex? I didn't see any knives in the sex scenes? Ramsay is so ugly too, his eyes are so big and he has a super wide mouth and big nose and curly weird hair.

Best part of the show was the dragon :)

Why would Tywin choose? I think if Tywin chose, he'd choose an easy fighter, so Tyrion can live and Jaime can go to Casterly Rock.

But if Cersei chooses, she'll choose Jaime or someone better - but that person must be willing. Maybe Cersei can somehow convince Jaime to fight. But Tyrion's pick is definitely Bronn. I guess it could be Oberynn, since that guy does nothing except have sex. Why would the show introduce him just to have sex, he must be there for a reason.

I guess if Mountain was chosen, Oberynn would be the guy, since he mentioned wanting revenge in the first episode.

But Tywin needs Tyrion alive, so Jaime can go back... so he should just choose an easy opponent against Tyrion. Too bad Ser Dontos isn't around. :(

Did I mention how much of a letdown Yara was? "50 best killers".. guess the best of the Ironborn was about the same skill level as a regular Dreadfort person, and much less than some dogs. :(

If Tywin and Tryion both have to pic a champion, could it be that Tywin picks the Mountain, and Tyrion then chooses Oberyn??

Oberyn kills the Mountain et voilĂ !

Nah, I'm positive that Tyrion's going to choose Jaime.

I mean, it makes sense. Since the beggining of this season, Jaime is training to recover his skill-at-arms. Maybe he is not in the best league now, but it doens't matter - he is Tywin's heir. If Tyrion has Jaime as champion, Tywin is fucked. Tyrion only loses if Jaime dies, so, if Tyrion dies, Jaime dies, and if Jaime lives, Tyrion walks free. And if Tyrion walks free, mind you, not only he would be free from Tywin's control, it would also means that essentialy everything they arranged would be proven as bullshit for the world to see. Which means that, no matter what happens, Tywin's gonna lose.

Looking really foward for this.

Ok, so given that Tyrion is accused by Cersei, if he asks a trial by combat that means him vs her. In any case, Tywin wants Tyrion alive or he loses everything, he's held by the balls.

We can reasonably assume that Cersei will name a champion as she wants Tyrion dead.

Tyrion can either name a champion to win and be free or stand for himself, thus provoking Tywin into acting.

I don't know if there is an order in who pics the champion but both may want to choose Jaime.

Cersei can pick him to corner Tyrion who would face a dilemma. Tyrion could answer by standing for himself thus puttin Tywin in an impossible situation (and force him to do something).

Tyrion can pic Jaime to corner Cersei and Tywin.

I think that either way, picking Jaime will give explosive outcomes.

If Cersei wants to ensure victory, picking Gregor Clegane would seem only normal because he's the most fearful bannerman of the Lannister. In this situation, Tyrion won't even have to beg Oberyn to step in for him.

Well, you can always imagine surprises with characters that were not really in the spotlight lately.

Cersei could pick Loras Tyrell to get rid of him and piss off the Tyrell, she could pic one of the kingsguard... Same for Tyrion...

What are your thoughts?