[Book Spoilers] EP406 Discussion

i was really looking forward to the "yara" shit because i just accepted its gonna be different, let me just appreciate ashas fighting and the ironborn and the first couple seconds i was READY AS FUCK...but man was i disappointed...yara sows and doesnt fight really...and its really that easy to sneak into the dreadforts dungeons? and then run out of when you are backed into a CORNER?! cmaaaan

...I wonder if the show writers realized that this change essentially makes Dany the Joffrey to Hizdahr's Robb. Oops.

Not by Hizdahr's attitude though. Seems quite a bit more respectful of her dubious authority than Robb was. I think they have time to frame it in a way to make it ambiguous. Ambiguity is what they really want to go for with whether Hizdahr had it out for her or not.

Really good episode. People will be raving about Dinklage but Alfie Allen is a phenomenal reek imo. Mace and Oberyn were both in fine form tonight along with Davos the legend

He gave a beautiful performance Alfie Allen he is really on the mark... I'm gonna miss Oberyn :)

i was really looking forward to the "yara" shit because i just accepted its gonna be different, let me just appreciate ashas fighting and the ironborn and the first couple seconds i was READY AS FUCK...but man was i disappointed...yara sows and doesnt fight really...and its really that easy to sneak into the dreadforts dungeons? and then run out of when you are backed into a CORNER?! cmaaaan

i mean well see where it goes but she wasted a lot of time sailing, just to turn around and go home?my friends who havent even read were kinda like what the hell was that?

Answers to all the forumer's questions:

1) It was definitely a goat, not the goat herder's son. The skull of the herder's son doesn't have horns. Perhaps the ribs were his son's, but it seems doubtful that he'd mix up the remains.

2) Littlefinger most definitely left Dontos in the rowboat and threw the necklace in there. The bay was locked down shortly thereafter. The Kings Landing Coast Guard (humor me) would have no trouble finding the rogue boat floating out in the bay. Hell, Littlefinger may have even tipped them off since it implicates Tyrion/Sansa and takes the blame away from him.

3) It makes no sense for Oberyn to volunteer to be champion at this point. He wants to kill the Mountain, but he hasn't been declared as Cersei's champion yet.

1. Goat.

2. Probably.

3. I think he has a pretty good idea of who Cersei will call as her champion. Most people do, really.

i mean well see where it goes but she wasted a lot of time sailing, just to turn around and go home?my friends who havent even read were kinda like what the hell was that?

We don't see her go home yet, though. We just see her leave. We've yet to see what she does now.

Ah, so Drogon didn't barbecue the kid. HBO can't really show something like a child being killed on the show. Oh wait, they showed Arya killing a young boy and Lommey getting a blade run through his throat....

Yara/Asha is decent. Can't wait to see what Theon does at the Moat.

Trial was great! Peter D. you are the man. Well done.

Looks like we get "Only Cat" next week.

Edited by Northbound2.0

Wow I thought ShowShae was so different from BookShae that it wouldn't work to bring her back for the trial but it went OK.

The trial was quick, wasn't it? It worked I thought.

Tyrion was channeling The Hound amirite?

The Jaime-Tywin deal made sense even though Tyrion blew it up.

I did not like Stannis on bended knee in Braavos bc I thought it worked better in the books, when the Iron Bank started looking for a way to recoup losses from loans to King Tommen.

So do you think the battle at the wall will end with Stannis arriving - no peace negotiation? Or will he come even sooner?

Opinion still out on Hizdahr changes.

Now off to check on @AngryGOTFan

Personally for me, this is what kept the episode from garnering a 10.

People complaining about the Yara/Asha filler couldn't be more wrong. What if they did this arc just so when the Kingsmoot finally happens, it gives Yara all the more reason to declare herself the next Queen of the Iron Islands because "Theon" is "dead"?

The child wasn't roasted, it was only the goat. Otherwise Dany would have freaked the hell out. I hope they add that eventually though.

The bones included a goat's head, and if you watch the Drogon scene carefully, you can see that Drogon clearly flies over the child's head and roasts the fleeing goats well ahead of where the child is.

...I wonder if the show writers realized that this change essentially makes Dany the Joffrey to Hizdahr's Robb. Oops.

Hu? No not really, actually, no correlation at all.

Edited by Maester of Ice and Fire