[Book Spoilers] EP406 Discussion

It seems like everyone's biggest complaint with the episode was the Greyjoy rescue scene. I'll admit, it truly, truly sucked! But, be happy folks. It's a good thing!!!!! Because it leads me to fully believe that................................

THE GREYJOY ARCS ARE BACK IN BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT LEAST BIG V

But when is Balon going to die? FFS he should have died episode 1

It seems like everyone's biggest complaint with the episode was the Greyjoy rescue scene. I'll admit, it truly, truly sucked! But, be happy folks. It's a good thing!!!!! Because it leads me to fully believe that................................

THE GREYJOY ARCS ARE BACK IN BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT LEAST BIG V

But when is Balon going to die? FFS he should have died episode 1

I KNOW RIGHT??? I think they're going to kill him in the last episode or even in the first episode of season 5 to kickstart the GREYJOYS arc

Hmmm...Ramsay telling Theon that he needs to take a castle back from a bad man, and he needs his help...will they change it so that Theon is the one that kills Balon?

Also...in the preview, was that the Mountain we saw for a brief second (as some dude screamed for mercy)...and if so, is this actor #3 for that role?

Goddamn, that ending was awesome. I need a cigarette.

I have more of a blue b**l feeling, maybe like YarAsha. But for the same reason - great ending.

I don't think there is any non XXX filler at least in DD s minds, and they prob think the XXX stuff is necessary too.

YarAsha I agree gave up the fight - but if Theon hadn't confirmed Balon's idea of what he was she might have put forth more of an effort.

The most unbelievable part of that battle was the boat. Even the Ironborn could see you don't sail from the Iron Islands to the Dreadfort.

Hmmm...Ramsay telling Theon that he needs to take a castle back from a bad man, and he needs his help...will they change it so that Theon is the one that kills Balon?

He's dressing him up and sending him to Moat Cailin just as he does in the books.

You see shots of Theon in his armour in the trailer.

Also...in the preview, was that the Mountain we saw for a brief second (as some dude screamed for mercy)...and if so, is this actor #3 for that role?

Yes, and yes he is the mountain and he is a rerecast

I repeat this over and over

So stop. We get your social justice tangent. Please post it on tumblr where theres more sympathetic ears.

Joffrey/Dany executed Robb/Hizdahr's father on a whim. Doubt that Hizdahr will go to war over it--openly, anyway--but it does not make Dany look good.

Thats the point. Dany needs to look bad cuz what she did is fucking bad. Certainly made me sympathize more with Hizdahr. Her BS can only go so far. It appears i was right. The show is likely to make the guys in Meereen look a little more rounded.

i cant fucking wait for snow castle and only cat im going to puke from excitement

OMG I KNOW RIGHT?!! *kermit flail*

No, Tywin is not that powerful, it is like President Obama tells Mr Biden" Hi, Briden, be a good man, go and make me a cup of coffe, will you?"

What?! Tywin Lannister is THE most powerfull man alive, both in the books and the TV show. Also, you cannot compare a rich and powerfull middle-age lord to a president in modern, republican and democratic country. He's more to Richellieu.

?

Moat Cailin is in play. That's the castle - Roose has said

He's talking about Moat Cailin.

I know people get all ragey every time a change is made, but that would be a great twist. (The Moat Cailin guy is probably right though.)

Edited by TripleOZero

She wanted to take Theon back with her but she can't bring him back if he refuses to come with her and she wasn't going to throw her life or her men's lives away for him. It was a commando raid, their advantage disappears once the alarm bells start ringing (you heard them, right) and the superior numbers of the Dreadfort Defenders overwhelm their position.

It is totally parallel with her trying to get him to retreat from Winterfell. It's just hard to notice/remember when she only shows up once a season :D

Does look like she cut and run without spelling out that explanation, I suppose. But as I said earlier in the thread, we knew she could not achieve total victory and yet she could not take total defeat. So we got what we got.

i see what you are saying completely and im usually really very accepting with te TV show and overlook a lot...but i feel that by syaing "we got what we got" is not very fair since they knew what they were going to do with her for this season since they made the whole plan of "im saving my baby brother" of the season 3 finale...it felt really rushed...we didnt get any more info about the ironborn... they are lucky enough to get actors who dont complain about only beign in a few episodes and disappearing for a while (staying true to the books in that sense) but they do nothign with it... and like i said im usually very okay with what they do, but this is just yet another lazy mistep on their part...with the amount of screentime she got and is likely to get the rest of the season, we could of gotten more on balon and the iron islands and maybe found out about his death earlier on and introduce us a littlemore to the ironborn before next season (that is, if they will be adding balons brothres into the mix)

I like the casting for yara, and i thinl alfie is doing great iwht theon, but i guess we will see if tye expand on what jus thappened...if they leave it at her just returnign to the iron islands and thats it, than i feel that was a big waste of time and not very realistic considering how far the iron isladns are from the dreadfort.