[Book Spoilers] EP406 Discussion

Also, asking Shae to repeat herself wrt to being Tyrion's whore. "His what?" :lmao:

That was the best! He was like that Fred Armisen character from SNL that makes people repeat their incredibly awkward sex issues

I don't get the Asha scene, she looked awesome, but I wasn't watching the show all that closely. Dogs? Run!!!!!!!!

All the enjoyment i felt after watching this episodes was drained away by the hounds neck in the promo for e07........Noooo SANDOR DONT GO!!!!

I saw man fur, but nothing else.

Every time Mace opened his mouth I laughed

Its hard not to.

I hang on Lord Oaf's every glorious word.

"We already decided I get to be master of ships [cuz I showed up to class on time and you were late I'M THE GOOD STUDENT I'M THE TEACHER'S PET]"

Also, asking Shae to repeat herself wrt to being Tyrion's whore. "His what?" :lmao:

Almost as good as Oberyn's sudden KEEN INTEREST in Shae's testimony and asking "well DID you?"

LOOOOOOOL! That oaf. I lurves him. Yeah Oberyn is all "bby, deets!"

Just saw it, better late than never. Everything was aces, especially the trial, but I just have to let it of my chest...

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT YARA SCENE! YOU THROW AXES FOR A LIVING, YOU'VE GOT A KID WHO'S AN AXE, AND THAT FUCKING RAMSEY IS STANDING THERE AND YOU FUCKING RUN AWAY LIKE FUCKING SWIPER FROM DORA THE EXPLORER! NO ONE UNDERSTANDS!

Uff...that felt so good. Anyway, was that trial awesome or what?

Hue. I felt that rage during the goat herd's testimony. I think Asha will have her due soon. I want to see her rage kick some ass.

Just saw it, better late than never. Everything was aces, especially the trial, but I just have to let it of my chest...

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT YARA SCENE! YOU THROW AXES FOR A LIVING, YOU'VE GOT A KID WHO'S AN AXE, AND THAT FUCKING RAMSEY IS STANDING THERE AND YOU FUCKING RUN AWAY LIKE FUCKING SWIPER FROM DORA THE EXPLORER! NO ONE UNDERSTANDS!

It's not running away scared.

It's that she realized there was absolutely NO reason to fight anymore, Theon Greyjoy is dead.

SMH at some of you who don't get this.

yeah, Aegon isn't coming into show canon, calling it.

I actually think the episode hinted at Aegon with the whole 'desire' speech from Varys.

He talks about how desire gets in the way of pursuing other things (implying himself) before looking at the Iron Throne, all but revealing that to be his goal...for Aegon!

Name: Stannis Baratheon,

Credit Score: 666 (but Rising): All things considered it was not a bad scene. The Iron Bank was as single-minded as, I guess, we all would hope responsible banks WOULD be. They laid out facts, not emotion and stuck Stannis where he lives: his small army, smaller holdings and 0-1 Battle Record since Robert was slain. And Davos’ impassioned response was excellent; well done…

.. .and I couldn't help but notice not delivered by Stannis. Look, I GET IT, they don’t like Stannis- D&D have ruined the character and made it so he’ll likely liberate the Wall just as MAnce decides to take the Black and dedicate himself to World Peace. But… would have killed D&D to have … you know… STANNIS say something convincing? Have him say what he is? Maybe get him to …. Do something? The annexation of all of Stannis’ wit (Stannis Ultra-Dry), the loss of his realization, growth and decency; the removal of his leadership etc- it knows no bounds. Now, in scenes that were not even IN the books, Stannis can’t be Stannis. Now DAVOS has to be Stannis.

This would have been a perfect time to break out a modified version of Stannis' boast from tWoW.

Reinforcing the militancy of Stannis, in a military sense, helps to balance out the militancy of him in a religious sense. Even if it doesn't make him likeable, it makes him competent.

Stannis' spartan ways and quick action needs to provide a contrast of the decadence of Dany in Meereen and the insanity of Cersei in KL.

Edited by Chief Keef

Ugh - show Shae is just ... ugh. I understand her motivation to go against Tyrion, but why did they have her drag Sansa into it? I know it's probably the lie Cersei fed her, but then why did they go out of their way to show Shae as Sansa's defender. Boo show runners for inconsistency.

I actually think the episode hinted at Aegon with the whole 'desire' speech from Varys.

He talks about how desire gets in the way of pursuing other things (implying himself) before looking at the Iron Throne, all but revealing that to be his goal...for Aegon!

Exactly if anything this episode confirmed Aegon is in in my eyes

Edited by Mark Antony

Good, it's not just me then :lol:

I hadn't noticed anyone mention it when I thought it would be a talking point of the episode.

Oh no, the second he ask for pen and paper I knew he had something up his sleeve. ;)

Ah okay. For some reason I didn't remember the killing of livestock beforehand.

I dont either, but im still cheesed. They better have that guy come back with his kid's bones. Or im going to riot. I made the Nitpick with Impunity thread just to bitch about that. It should show up later tonight.

Asha doesnt have a lot of guys so i think thats why she ran, plus Theon didnt wanna come so it was pretty crap and she didnt want to waste anymore guys on staying.

I died a little, no lie.

It's that she realized there was absolutely NO reason to fight anymore, Theon Greyjoy is dead.

Yeah, off the top of my head I can think of 3 reasons:

- Kill the fucker that did that to Theon. You know, the whole point of her entire mission

- Put poor Theon out of his misery

- Get the fuck out of there in one piece

I dont either, but im still cheesed. They better have that guy come back with his kid's bones. Or im going to riot.

I

think they'll have him turn up later out of the blue with a bag..Dany and the non readers will think 'Ah, goat man again..just pay him his silvers', then we'll have the bones revealed as a child.

Seriously. Theres so much Aegon foreshadowing going on during the Varys bits, its kinda mad. Aegon being cut would neuter next season onward. Of course they are including him. Hes Varys' primary motive. Varys' looking at the throne tonight was basically "yeah im going to put an ass in that."

Ugh - show Shae is just ... ugh. I understand her motivation to go against Tyrion, but why did they have her drag Sansa into it? I know it's probably the lie Cersei fed her, but then why did they go out of their way to show Shae as Sansa's defender. Boo show runners for inconsistency.

I dunno...eeeee..sounds like shes spiteful and jealous.

I

think they'll have him turn up later out of the blue with a bag..Dany and the non readers will think 'Ah, goat man again..just pay him his silvers', then we'll have the bones revealed as a child.

Maybe. I hope so. Otherwise..*table flip* Its just too important to whitewash.

Yeah, that's moronic. She made a split-second psychological evaluation during the heat of battle and instantly reached the prognosis that there was no possible hope for recovery, ever?