[Book Spoilers] EP406 Discussion

Does anyone else kind of have problems with the fact that they turned Mace, the man who successfully laid siege to the second most powerful house in Westeros, as a fat moron?

Who successfully laid what? If that siege can be considered success, I don't know what can't. And, back then, Baratheons certainly weren't second most powerful House.

BTW, welcome to the forum

The worst: Daenerys. Pardon me for saying this, but I wanted that child to burn, I wanted her to face some real challenges. Hizdahr's speech was nice, for it pointed out the injustice of the great justice. Never mind that most likely he is lying, thing is it is pointed out. I wish it was something Daenerys truly noted. This could have been done better.

That child will definitely burn. Does anyone think we won't see this exact same goatherd dude again when the child dies? Tonight was just foreshadowing for when he brings in that child's bones, most likely in Ep. 10 regardless of if you think "The Children" means Dany's dragons or the Children of the Forest (I'm personally hoping it means the latter but who the fuck cares).

Stannis does need to start speaking for himself. Davos was yes, but i need Stannis to stand up.

Davos needed to do the speaking there because he is pleading for his life, not just the gold when he's speaking there. Think of it like a head coach who needs to win a playoff series to keep his job. Only difference is when you play the Game of Thrones you win or you die, not get fired and then have to sign with Golden State...

Yeah, come on... One of the most beautiful scenes in ASOIAF has had to be adapted...

As for dragon, I genuinely thought it will burn a child. It would have brought such nice dimension to rather linear season of Daenerys. I wish they went with it, for I would truly love to see show Danerys' world shaken in order to see something other than "warrior princess" mode.

As for fandom, Flo, don't be upset... I watch because I want. When it is good, I don't hide my excitement, when it is bad, I am open about it. Not everything is black as it isn't white...

Well someone mentioned they were probably setting up for Hazzea and i really hope thats the case. Otherwise, its ridiculous whitewashing.

The Nitpick With Impunity thread is coming. I freaking made it this time. I just wish we could have a joyful discussion without some SJW throwing a tantrum and people saying people who liked this episode are sexist or just have bad taste.

Davos needed to do the speaking there because he is pleading for his life, not just the gold when he's speaking there. Think of it like a head coach who needs to win a playoff series to keep his job. Only difference is when you play the Game of Thrones you win or you die, not get fired and then have to sign with Golden State...

Yeah i dig, i just want Stannis to say stuff. Hes been kind of just brooding for a couple of episodes now.

Edited by Florina Laufeyson

Who successfully laid what? If that siege can be considered success, I don't know what can't. And, back then, Baratheons certainly weren't second most powerful House.

BTW, welcome to the forum

Thanks!

Well it was a success until it was lifted by Ned, but it was going quite well.

The Baratheons had just taken the throne, I'd say that made them quite powerful, though I guess that's definitely up for debate.

I dunno, I just think his character deserved a bit more than this...

Edited by TallTyrionLannister

Jeez the hate for the Iron Born running away from "two dogs" if pretty harsh. If I'm correct there were 3 Iron Born when Ramsey unlocked the cages with "two dogs" (I'm sure he has more although we have only seen two, i'll give you that). Yes they could have tried and probably succeed in killing this dogs (which wouldn't have been a very quick and easy task) but then you have Ramsey and his men on you at the same time, they do this they are definitely dead. Running away = a very smart decision. I just don't see where the hate is coming from in that decision, it's called being smart.

I'll say this, I haven't complained about one deviation from the book yet because I understand this is an adaption of the book and they can't keep everything exactly how it is so I love the show. However I do think this deviation was kind of bad since it lasted about 5 minutes but it did give us some future plot points. (Yara "thinking" Theon is dead and Theon going into Moat Cailin) It just seemed rushed and there could have been more of a battle that in-sued between the two sides. I find it hard to believe in a castle full of Bolton's that only 7 or 8 managed to take actin. Alfie Allens action was top notch though, loved him.

This one was good... Like really good.

What I like the most is in fact that Tyrion has finally returned. St. Tyrion was gone, and good old Tyrion was back in the game. And guess what, we loved it every single moment of it. After painfully long time, after whitewashing of every single interaction he had throughout last and this season, Tyrion was brilliantly Tyrion. I enjoyed in Tyrion this episode more than I have enjoyed him in quite some time... Well job

Oberyn, as usual, lights every room he is in. He brings such great chemistry. My favorite this year. Love him...

On the opposite side, WTF Stannis and even more WTF Mace? Once again, HBO proves not to be neither brilliant nor terrible.

Lastly, Theon and Asha. This one was rather nice. Not my favorite, but good enough

The worst: Daenerys. Pardon me for saying this, but I wanted that child to burn, I wanted her to face some real challenges. Hizdahr's speech was nice, for it pointed out the injustice of the great justice. Never mind that most likely he is lying, thing is it is pointed out. I wish it was something Daenerys truly noted. This could have been done better.

All and all, nice episode, this one, unlike the last one, made sense...

And, OMG

WE WILL SEE SNOW CASTLE SCENES... YAY :commie: :cheers: :commie:

There's definitely going to be a toasted tot or two--the actor playing the kid's father alluded to it. I guess they're letting her concerns build. First the glitter starts to fade, then a new gut-punch for her young rule.

Tyrion's monologue was AWESOME. I love how his hair at first half-hid his eyes, so when he Kubrick-stared it perfectly complemented his voice. Very Shakespearean!

I know! Snow castle FTW!!! Lysa looked terrifying in the split-second promo.

Thanks!

Well it was a success until it was lifted by Ned, but it was going quite well.

The Baratheons had just taken the throne, I'd say that made them quite powerful, though I guess that's definitely up for debate.

It was doing well until the Redwyne fleet was outwitted by a smuggler from Flea Bottom.

As is often said in the books; any success House Tyrell had in RR was because of Randyll Tarly.

Hizdahr wasn't a character I had thought much about in the context of the adaptation, but logically, he should be one that can be translated very well.

He's a character who has some good lines. And, from text alone, doesn't come across as antagonistic. We as readers find the Meereenese so duplicitous by nature all his decent words and culture doesn't register.

Think of it like a head coach who needs to win a playoff series to keep his job. Only difference is when you play the Game of Thrones you win or you die, not get fired and then have to sign with Golden State...

Stannis in the Bay Area. Now theres a thought...

It was doing well until the Redwyne fleet was outwitted by a smuggler from Flea Bottom.

As is often said in the books; any success House Tyrell had in RR was because of Randyll Tarly.

Randyll Tarly held all of the Reach from true pitched combat? Randyll Tarly assured that no matter who won the throne, House Tyrell and its vassals wouldn't be at risk?

Hizdahr wasn't a character I had thought much about in the context of the adaptation, but logically, he should be one that can be translated very well.

He's a character who has some good lines. And, from text alone, doesn't come across as antagonistic. We as readers find the Meereenese so duplicitous by nature all his decent words and culture doesn't register.

Haha I was alluding to Davos there; Stannis is the GM, Davos the HC. But the thought of Stannis in another Bay made me lol pretty hard.

Mace's dumbness plus Tywin and Oberyn's death and Vayrs disappearance will call for a full new Small Council next season.

I do hope for the return of Kevan Lannister, and we will have Qyburn. Maybe that will be all, but I hope for a possibly merged Rowan/Redwyne Tyrell bannerman, even though I doubt it.

Exactly. I will not suffer this blasphemies here. This not King's Landing. And Mace is a fooking legend, and y'all know it. The Hand Throne will be the highlight of the entire show, you'll see

Also, someone on FB just said that he was waiting for the Soup Nazi to declare against Tyrion too, and I can't stop laughing about it

Yeah, everyone in Westeros thinks Mace is a fool except Mace. His main redeeming moment is

ordering Tarly to march into KL with an army to bail out Margaery.

Mace IS a shameless kissass.

Early in ASOS when Tywin shows up to be hand and Sort Out Business (including 'shipping Cersei/Balon LOL) Mace is Robin Quivers to Tywin's Howard Stern, laughing loudest at his jokes and praising his every suggestion as brilliant.

It's how Lord Oaf rolls

turned?

turned?

RIGHT?

Mace has always been an oaf. Always. Hes just gr9.

Oh yeah.

Snowcastle. I CANT WAIT! Kermit mode activated. Sansa getting pushed at the Moon Door...and her freaking out. Omg next episode is gonna rule! Unf! Theres that joy again.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

No clue. That was part of the reason I thought Only Cat might be delayed until 4x10, since the show hasn't introduced a patsy yet and there's no Marillion.

Someone suggested using Mord, which would be an elegant solution, but I don't even know if that actor's back for Season 4.

It could just be some random guard.

Serious question (of the purely speculative sort): How MUCH changes if they have Sansa throw Lysa out of the Moon Door herself? I mean, I know A LOT would change if they did that, but would it necessarily be "all" bad? I'm 99% sure they WON'T have Sansa kill Lysa herself, but with the lack of Marillion, the thought has crossed my mind more than once in the past week. Would that destroy Sansa's character completely, or would it simply usher in not only the "partnership" aspect of Petyr and Sansa's relationship (i.e. I cover your murders, you cover mine), but also the 'hardening' of Sansa herself? This is a purely "what-if" question, but I've wanted to ask someone for a while now (figured I'd ask you since you brought up Marillion).

Anyways, I think with the lack of Marillion, they're simply going to have Sansa and Petyr conspire to say that she was drunk and fell out of the Moon Door by herself.