[Book Spoilers] EP406 Discussion

Someone should open a next thread with next week episode's preview in the "Mockingbird" section, so people can actually talk about the episode there. :)

Anyway I thought that this was a great episode.

People keep complaining about Dany or Emilia's Clark acting skills but to this day she is probably better than most of the actors on this show. She just sells it very easily to me. Love this new side of Dany story where they actually show us that she ain't perfect, she has flaws, she may have the best intentions but makes mistakes along the road. You know...something realistic for a change. Love Hizdar, I find Joel Fry so cute and bringing a all new "light" for the character. Not at all how I ilagined him to be from the books.

The trial was the best part of the episode.

Love the Council and Varys talking about Jorah and what's going on with Dany. The look on Oberyn's face made me only think of one thing "QUENTYN". I hope that Varys talking about Jorah and how he isn't spying for the Council anymore is us moving forwards and having the pleasure to see him being exiled by the end of the season. I feel bad for the actors playing Jorah and Barristan though...they're jus there...doing nothing...

Didn't give a damn about Stanis. Thought it was boring!

Drogon eating the goat and not the child...WTF?

Now from the previews for next week episode we have Daario back (I'm not sure what he wants by saying to Dany to let him fight... are they gonna fuck or what?), crazy Lysa, more trial and THE MOUNTAIN!!!

Edited by Maria26

In the books, the reader and Dany never know for certain if Drogon ate Hazzea. Maybe they will show it later to remove the mystery, but everyone in this thread is stating it as a fact. It's very likely that it happened, and Dany reacts to it in the book as if it did, but again... we still don't know for certain.

In the books, the reader and Dany never know for certain if Drogon ate Hazzea. Maybe they will show it later to remove the mystery, but everyone in this thread is stating it as a fact. It's very likely that it happened, and Dany reacts to it in the book as if it did, but again... we still don't know for certain.

I just noted that the goat herder came in right before Hizface, so Hizzy knows what happened. I liked the ambiguity in the books even though there was a good chance Drogon ate the kid.

Enjoyed seeing Braavos, the Iron Bank and scene with Salladhor Saan.

Honestly, Yara's speech was awesome, but when she got to Theon...it was hard to watch. I think it's just the fact that I feel Theon would not be that broken this early. But arghhh her little rescue, would've been better without it i think. So now Theon's little moat cailin adventure is too early. I'm sure the show people will do well to make it work

Best part of Dany's scene was Drogon and the sheep herder. Definitely a bit empty, and was kind've confused as to why Hizdahr was speaking in an english accent.

KL's time was the best. I don't know how i feel about the council knowing so much about Dany...? did this happen in the books? I think they are building Jorah up as a traitor. I thought Varys's scene was SO out of character, but i guess they need to build him up as something, but his conversation with Oberyn really irked me for some reason.

Tyrion, Jaime, Cersei, Tywin and Shae receive an A+

They made Shae to look like she was frightened, and made to say those things. But my unsullied family didn't pick up on it--or didn't say anything

Best lines go to Oberyn

The thing about Shae that seems lost on a lot of viewers is that she not only has to do it for Cersei -- she's also a pissed off, scorned woman... hence the reason they added in that line, "I'm just a whore, remember?" (Referring to what he says when he makes her leave a few eps ago).

It's her saying to Tyrion, "Fk You! You sent me away after calling me a whore! You hurt me first!"

So yes, she's scared and yes, Cersei got to her -- but she's also thinking revenge as a woman scorned.

Am I the only one who got a Euron vibe while watching Daario in the preview for next week episode? I'm still confused as to why he's saying "let me kill you ennemies, any ennemies...anywhere". Don't remember what part of the story is that particular moment supposed to be.

Edited by Maria26

Wow. After the first four episodes of this season I was on the brink of giving up and stop watching, because the episodes were soooo bad. But then there came First of his Name and The Laws of Gods and Men. Those two have already made it in the list of my top episodes!

The only thing in this episode I cannot really understand is why they had to make that Asha filler. I really cannot see the purpose of that.

Did they cut Kevan? Cause if Tywin where to die without a heir, power of Casterly Rock goes to Kevan and not lancel(as jaime said) right?

Kevan was in S1, so I doubt it. I think they just name-dropped Lancel so that Tyrion can tell Jaime Cersei and Lancel slept together.

What is going to happen with the "little birds" getting into Mereen? Does that mean the poisoning probably wasn't Hizdahr? Also not sure why people are worried about the goat thing...that dragon is obviously going to snatch up a child at some point. They just wanted to set the repayment for goats as a standards.

I loved the episode. Hizdar has established himself as a dangerous foe, even formidable, I'd say. Just remembering his body language when watching Daenerys from the walls with a calculating look on his face makes me shudder.

Now I wonder how they are going to play the marriage thing with Danny presumably having her father-in-law crucified?

During the whole process I found Margery's facial expressions excellent. She was aware of the whole farce and was the only one who knew the truth. It must be terrifying to realise you are surrounded by such filth.

Tywin's letter will cause the rift between Danny and Jorah and she'll banish him. Standard move on Tywin's part, breaking alliances. Danny hasn't read her Sun Tzu The Art of War, so she will fall into his trap.

KL's time was the best. I don't know how i feel about the council knowing so much about Dany...? did this happen in the books? I think they are building Jorah up as a traitor.

Daario is gonna discover that Jorah was/is a spy

I guess Tywin is going to rat Jorah or something like that with that quill and paper he asked.

In the books it`s Arstan Whitebeard who points Mormont is a Vary`s informer, just after he reveals himself to be Barristan Selmy. He says he had to hide his true identity from them because Jorah was working for KL, and comes out only after Jorah recognizes him.

Since in the series Selmy have already revealed his identity and the small council already know about his association with Dany, that leaves some questions:

- Selmy was in the small council before Joffrey`s coronation. How didn`t he know Mormont worked for Varys? If he knew, why didn`t he tell Dany?

So we're saying that Jorah's banishment will take place during 4X10? It's gonna be heartbreaking for both Jorah and Daenerys.

I still hope we're gonna more of the "Relationship" between Dany and Daario. Still want to see them fuck at some point LOL But first a little more build-up would be nice.

We're getting "Only Cat" next episode...time goes by quickly in this show.

Wow. After the first four episodes of this season I was on the brink of giving up and stop watching, because the episodes were soooo bad. But then there came First of his Name and The Laws of Gods and Men. Those two have already made it in the list of my top episodes!

The only thing in this episode I cannot really understand is why they had to make that Asha filler. I really cannot see the purpose of that.

I saw it as an update on Theon and the enormity and extent of damage done by Ramsay. I think it explains his future participation in capturing Moat Cailin.