Sign in to follow this  
Ran

[Book Spoilers] EP406 Discussion

She wanted to take Theon back with her but she can't bring him back if he refuses to come with her and she wasn't going to throw her life or her men's lives away for him. It was a commando raid, their advantage disappears once the alarm bells start ringing (you heard them, right) and the superior numbers of the Dreadfort Defenders overwhelm their position.

It is totally parallel with her trying to get him to retreat from Winterfell. It's just hard to notice/remember when she only shows up once a season :D

Does look like she cut and run without spelling out that explanation, I suppose. But as I said earlier in the thread, we knew she could not achieve total victory and yet she could not take total defeat. So we got what we got.

i see what you are saying completely and im usually really very accepting with te TV show and overlook a lot...but i feel that by syaing "we got what we got" is not very fair since they knew what they were going to do with her for this season since they made the whole plan of "im saving my baby brother" of the season 3 finale...it felt really rushed...we didnt get any more info about the ironborn... they are lucky enough to get actors who dont complain about only beign in a few episodes and disappearing for a while (staying true to the books in that sense) but they do nothign with it... and like i said im usually very okay with what they do, but this is just yet another lazy mistep on their part...with the amount of screentime she got and is likely to get the rest of the season, we could of gotten more on balon and the iron islands and maybe found out about his death earlier on and introduce us a littlemore to the ironborn before next season (that is, if they will be adding balons brothres into the mix)

I like the casting for yara, and i thinl alfie is doing great iwht theon, but i guess we will see if tye expand on what jus thappened...if they leave it at her just returnign to the iron islands and thats it, than i feel that was a big waste of time and not very realistic considering how far the iron isladns are from the dreadfort.

So i am guessing they are going to start with the snow castle? (Seeing as in the previous episodes, the last scene shown in the preview will be the first scene of the episode).

Then the intermediate scenes and cue to the final scene...well THAT.

But when is Balon going to die? FFS he should have died episode 1

No way, Balon winning the war of five kings by default by being the last one to die is The Greatest Joke Ever and it needs to continue

Also, LOL at people saying that Tyrion's defiant YOLO speech is him finally going 'dark' and that his whitewashing has ended. :bs:

:rofl: I agree!

?

She sailed around Westeros then up the Weeping Water by rowboat to the Dreadfort

Well that's ridiculous.

It didn't happen that way in the book and in the show it would still take less time to hike across Westeros. If they HAD to have a boat for cultural reasons they could have built one by hand and still saved time

JMHO! :D

'twas kind of cool seeing bravos in the opening credits...

It kind of threw me off at first... I was like, what just happened. :)

(Seeing as in the previous episodes, the last scene shown in the preview will be the first scene of the episode).

The last scene shown in the recap, which we haven't seen yet.

Well that's ridiculous.

It didn't happen that way in the book and in the show it would still take less time to hike across Westeros.

All the way across the North which is held by the Boltons?

All the way across the North which is held by the Boltons?

Small force, big country, no pirates.

Theon made it to Winterfell and his guy made it to Torrhens Square without boating around Westeros - my book reference. Of course he had learned some green ways.

Edited by rmholt

No way, Balon winning the war of five kings by default by being the last one to die is The Greatest Joke Ever and it needs to continue

LOOOOL! Banana Peel. Make it happen show! You need to make up for that bullshit goat scene...

SNOW CASTLEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

OMG HNNNGH IM SO FREAKING OUT OVER THAT RIGHT NOW! We watched that preview and i shrieked with glee and was like "SNOOOWWW CASTLE!" My mum was all "wtf?" I told her that is a part of one of my favorite scenes in the series. I just hope they have some cool nostalgic voice overs for when she builds it.

SNOW CASTLEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Yes! I'm very excited for that, it is such an amazing scene in the books.

I have more of a blue b**l feeling, maybe like YarAsha. But for the same reason - great ending.

I don't think there is any non XXX filler at least in DD s minds, and they prob think the XXX stuff is necessary too.

YarAsha I agree gave up the fight - but if Theon hadn't confirmed Balon's idea of what he was she might have put forth more of an effort.

The most unbelievable part of that battle was the boat. Even the Ironborn could see you don't sail from the Iron Islands to the Dreadfort.

Yara ought to kill Theon before made her escape, as a good sister, she should put her baby brother out of his misery

OMG I KNOW RIGHT?!! *kermit flail*

honestly its my favorite scene in the whole series, i just remember dropping my book in shock when reading it. i was hoping it would make it to the finale but i dont even care, i just want to see it right now!!!

Roose told Ramsay to take Moat Cailin and bring Theon.

Weeks ago. I think the Unsullied will have no idea why that's significant at all.

I bet Balon Greyjoy is drinking in Pyke to all the guys and gals killed in the show while they're still alive in the books, Just chillin' in the castle waiting for the storm to kill him.

And since Mockingbird is the Ep 7, I already figured out this was gonna be the 'Only Cat' episode.

Man, look likes <z have :

E07 : Only Cat

E08 : Oberyn vs Gregor

E09 : The Battle at the Wall

E10 : Tywin dyin' + UnCat

We can say for sure this end of season is gonna kill the Internet.