[Book Spoilers] EP406 Discussion

???

No way Tywin kills Shae. It will be Tyrion, now that we've seen his dark side for the first time

And yet again another variant of the Rains of Castamere will be playing. Can they introduce the Dornishman's wife or something just so it's clear that Westeros has more than 2 songs?

Edited by SerArthurHeath

And yet again another variant of the Rains of Castamere will be playing. Can they introduce the Dornishman's wife or something just so it's clear that Westeros has more than 2 songs?

Thank you. Looks like we're not getting Last of the Giants but I was hoping for Dornishman's wife this season with Oberyn. I thought that would be good end credit music after the Viper vs. The Mountain, but seems a bit late to be introduced.

The weirdest bit was Sansa's necklace. We saw Littlefinger crush Sansa's necklace, so how the hell did Pycell get it or one that looked exactly like it?

No, Littlefinger crushed one of the stones, and then tossed the necklace into the boat. It was otherwise intact.

Was there a little smile that Tyrion gave to Tywin at the end? ;) I wonder how many non-readers think that Jaime will fight for Tyrion at trial. Was thinking how interesting it would be for Cersei and Tywin if Jamie would want to fight for Tyrion. Because if I remember correctly in the books Oberyn first offered to be Tyrion's champion and after that Tyrion demanded trial by combat. Now it will obviously be reversed, maybe also because people will now think about Jamie being the champion. Hyphoteticaly speaking, could Jamie fight for Tyrion as a kingsguard or are there some laws prohibiting him from that? Since the kingsguard are the voice of the king.

Kevan was introduced is S1; he was sitting in Tywin's war council. I don't remember if he was in Tywin's councils in S2. So I guess it would be only reintroducing, then. I'm pretty sure he will get to KL at some point in S5 only to see how Cersei has fucked everything up. Then he'll die as in ADWD's epilogue.

It's possible they'll bring him in next season and just have kept him out until needed so they can cast the right actor and not have to recast him. Maybe they haven't decided if they will have Kevan come back or not. I thinking reference to his nephews just was talking about the younger generation. Kevan would be old, just like Tywin, so he couldn't be the future of the house.

Was there a little smile that Tyrion gave to Tywin at the end? ;) I wonder how many non-readers think that Jaime will fight for Tyrion at trial. Was thinking how interesting it would be for Cersei and Tywin if Jamie would want to fight for Tyrion. Because if I remember correctly in the books Oberyn first offered to be Tyrion's champion and after that Tyrion demanded trial by combat. Now it will obviously be reversed, maybe also because people will now think about Jamie being the champion. Hyphoteticaly speaking, could Jamie fight for Tyrion as a kingsguard or are there some laws prohibiting him from that? Since the kingsguard are the voice of the king.

The Unsullied seem to assume it will be Bronn again. I think Tyrion would be hesitant to choose a man who's learning to swing a sword. But you're right; the order of Oberyn offering is switched in the show.

They really highlighted Stannis weakness. He is king by right it is his duty. He will beg of no one. Not even the Iron Bank after he was crushed in battle. It's his only play but regardless he won't bow to anyone. Back the one true king or he doesn't need you. Except he needs almost everything at this point. No money. Small army. Few allegiances.

I love those little moments this season when we see someone talking about Dany or dragons and camera gives a close up on Oberyn's face. :D It is great watching it as a book reader and will be great for Unsullied to rewatch a few years from now when they will now what Oberyn knew. :D

After that small council I made a comment about "time for another letter" and my husband, who is Unsullied, was confused. I explained that Oberyn is keeping his brother informed and that there's some new info that he needs to know. Also, he probably wanted to clear up that he wasn't the one to poison the king.

There could seriuosly be a whole Tumblr dedicated to Oberyn's letters to Dorne. "King poisoned, wasn't me" "Targ heir is a girl now, is Quentyn still available" "Dragons be big" "Varys=not into boys"

I'm shocked at how bad that episode was. Really, it must be one of the best examples yet of why they should stick to the damn books instead of fulfilling some fanfic fantasy. They're clearly too incompetent as writers to do the series justice by making stuff up as they go along.

How do you ignore somone? I clicked on the profile name but there's doesn't seem to be an ignore function..

Nice episode overall, But I'm pretty confused about Shae's motivation to testify. In HBO's behind the scenes video 'No Turning Back' Sibel Kekilli states Shae wants revenge, but during the scene itself it seemed to me she was obviously coerced. Either they are still going somewhere different with Shae or their decision to change her character so much has finally come back to bite them.

Does Varys know Arya is alive but he chooses not to reveal it? He had his "birds" find information on the Hound in the riverlands, insofar that they even knew word for word what the Hound said as he killed those soldiers. I find it hard to believe that whoever tells him the words the Hound said does not tell him that there's a little girl traveling with this big man.

I don't get this whole 'dark side' of Tyrion stuff. He was just pissed off. It was the same character.

Yeah, he's pissed off, how do you think he's going to react to seeing Shae in his father's bed? Tyrion was certainly a darker character in the books but everything that happens at the end of aSoS is a result of him being extremely pissed off at everything.