[Book Spoilers] EP406 Discussion

Tywin may send the Meereen letter addressed to Dany, telling her of Jorah's spying. He'd assume that Jorah would be killed for his treason, it's the Lannister way. Jorah, on the other hand, would resent Lannister's more than anything alive.

Tywin may send the Meereen letter addressed to Dany, telling her of Jorah's spying. He'd assume that Jorah would be killed for his treason, it's the Lannister way. Jorah, on the other hand, would resent Lannister's more than anything alive.

I'm wondering how, at this point, could they reveal Jorah's spying without implicating Barristan? He knew about Jorah. So if Dany finds out about Jorah now, she would also have to have some kind of problem with Barristan for not telling her about it.

*looks at the discussion*

Ewww. Fandom....*wags finger*

Hey...i was just thinking...do you think Ramsay's lady friend, Myranda will actually be plot important? I kinda like how shes unabashedly bad news. Goes to show even the ladies can be pretty gnarly.

next week. bedroom scene again. Myranda is in the mood, starts undressing, gets as far as at least one boob out because HBO (I mean, let's be honest here).

Ramsay: "No, no, sorry Myranda, not tonight. I have work in the morning. It's a long journey to Moat Cailin and I have to wake up bright and early to get on the road in time! And that means YOU [*BOOP*s her nose with his finger] need to get some sleep tonight too. Tomorrow's a very big day for you, too!"

[Myranda smiles]

Ramsay: "I have a very special going away present for you and I want to give it to you in person before I have to say goodbye!"

Myranda [sultry cooing] "ooh, I can't wait."

[Ramsay BIG GRIN]

Cut to tomorrow, and *TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT*

And the braying of the hounds, as Ramsay lets slip their leashes and they bound after a scampering, half-naked Myranda.

Ramsay: "Goodbye, Myranda!"

Edited by Sour Robin

So many people are keeping an eye out for Arya, and a girl of her age and looks is travelling with Sandor and helping him kill those sworn to the King....

Then, even Sandor figures out the logical place for the girls is in the Vale. Is he smarter than Brienne? (tv comparison - why did Brienne think Sansa went to the Wall, when she has a living Aunt in a safe place?).

Honestly, never made any sense to my how Arya had so much exposure during her travels with the Hound, and no one ever figured out Sansa might head to the Vale (in the books) especially since several nobles met Petyr's suddenly-existing "bastard."

I don't think it matters where Brienne is headed, she gets intercepted by unCat. Maybe they wanted to avoid confusion between both Sandor-Arya and Brienne-Pod heading to the Vale and never meeting. May be some bounty hunters get the hound and Arya escapes, or the hears of Lysa's death and Arya escape and leaves to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea/Braavos.

I'm wondering how, at this point, could they reveal Jorah's spying without implicating Barristan? He knew about Jorah. So if Dany finds out about Jorah now, she would also have to have some kind of problem with Barristan for not telling her about it.

Im thinking they may do this in order to make up for the lack of Arstan reveal where Dany gets really bent out of shape with Barristan. I dunno....

next week. bedroom scene again. Myranda is in the mood, starts undressing, gets as far as at least one boob out because HBO (I mean, let's be honest here).

Ramsay: "No, no, sorry Myranda, not tonight. I have work in the morning. It's a long journey to Moat Cailin and I have to wake up bright and early to get on the road in time! And that means YOU [*BOOP*s her nose with his finger] need to get some sleep tonight too. Tomorrow's a very big day for you, too!"

[Myranda smiles]

Ramsay: "I have a very special going away present for you and I want to give it to you in person before I have to say goodbye!"

[Ramsay BIG GRIN]

And the braying of the hounds, as Ramsay lets slip their leashes and they bound after a scampering, half-naked Myranda.

Thats pretty grim. I kinda like Myranda cuz shes like "yeah im the Dreadette and its awe~some. I love to be bad. I love to be bad~~ Im a Dreadette. The best bet~ I love the hunt and i love the chase~ I love to be bad!! Make no mistake, i raise those stakes~ " *beatbox*

Edited by Florina Laufeyson

Sansa shows up exactly in the most logical place...the Vale, where her last known relative is, along with LF, who had talked up his "relationship" with both Tully daughters for years. And she is going to be more recognizable as a high born niece with red hair than Arya who will appear as some grubby peasant.

I agree though it's a bit of a stretch for the book too, that the dyed hair apparently fools everyone.

I wondered that too. A very beautiful girl with blue eyes and who clearly acts like a highborn lady.

However, the people she interacted with so far have not met Sansa Stark. If Bronze Yohn didn't identify her, we can't expect others to. If(won't LF do something about it?) Varys had little birds in the Vale, they will tell him and he can easily guess. Why, even without news from the Vale Varys can figure out who shipped out Sansa Stark. But Varys is better off keeping the last known heir to the North safe and alive than throw her to the Lannisters' mouth. If Aegon is going to fight Lannisters, he will need to overthrow the Boltons too. And Sansa Stark alive with LF is better than her having executed in KL.

Re watching...

I missed the fact that Oberyn is the only one who doesn't stand when Tywin walks in, he notices but says nothing...love that

And noticed his interested look at the mention of Jorah...agreed, it is suspicious

In the whole episode, there was not even one fuck given by Oberyn. Not even literally, apparently.

[Myranda smiles]

[Ramsay BIG GRIN]

I wish I could say goodbye to some ex boyfriends in that way.

That is what I said. Slavery was not based on race till New World slavery arrived on the scene.

But slavery in Westeros has been abolished, or never used?

Slavery in this story is appears only in Essos, where the colored people live.

But even Dany was enslaved as a woman and Cersei certainly feels that she has been used as a broodmare, as a slave, in effect. I agree with her on that point. Women in Westeros are kept in line through the threat of rape just the way they are kept in line on Earth through the threat of rape.

Slavery and gender abuse clearly overlaps in the novels.

To a point, a feudal system reduces the need for outright slavery, particularly insofar as the country is both relatively insular and mostly united. Not that it prevented it in the real world by any means, though it was actually fairly uncommon in the pre-colonialist era, but the point is that the economy of Westeros doesn't really lend itself to slavery, particularly considering the population is fairly homogenous, to the extent that it does in Essos, which is constituted of ethnically and culturally diverse city-states that are often in conflict and, generally, are less isolationist.

Edited by Warhawk137

Thats pretty grim. I kinda like Myranda cuz shes like "yeah im the Dreadette and its awe~some. I love to be bad. I love to be bad~~ Im a Dreadette. The best bet~ I love the hunt and i love the chase~ I love to be bad!! Make no mistake, i raise those stakes~ " *beatbox*

Well, SOMEBODY needs to start droppin' rhymes at the Dreadfort, anyway :)

But, while maybe not next week, I think this is Myranda's future eventually. The dynamic of the hunt just seemed too familiar and almost cyclical. One girl got jealous of the other, so Ramsay picked one and had her help hunt the other. Once there's a third again, and the triangle gets re-established.

She's the accomplice for now, but she's not the first such GF for Ramsay, just the most recent, and she thinks it's forever like all too many girls believe about all too many boys, except way worse in this case because this boy doesn't just hit and quit, he MURDERS you.

Plus Roose is gonna want Ramsay to quit fooling around with her and focus on his Pretend Arya bride (or whatever the show version of that ends up being) so either Ramsay gets rid of her his way, or Roose gets rid of her his way, and neither way is a pleasant end for Myranda, who'll be the last one to see her own end coming.

The only thing I look forward to in the Theon/Ramsay storyline is Manderly...I can't wait for him to appear finally.

Im looking forward to him but im looking forward to that entire arc.

In the whole episode, there was not even one fuck given by Oberyn. Not even literally, apparently.

Hue!

Well, SOMEBODY needs to start droppin' rhymes at the Dreadfort, anyway :)

But, while maybe not next week, I think this is Myranda's future eventually. The dynamic of the hunt just seemed too familiar and almost cyclical. One girl got jealous of the other, so Ramsay picked one and had her help hunt the other. Once there's a third again, and the triangle gets re-established.

She's the accomplice for now, but she's not the first such GF for Ramsay, just the most recent, and she thinks it's forever like all too many girls believe about all too many boys, except way worse in this case because this boy doesn't just hit and quit, he MURDERS you.

Plus Roose is gonna want Ramsay to quit fooling around with her and focus on his Pretend Arya bride (or whatever the show version of that ends up being) so either Ramsay gets rid of her his way, or Roose gets rid of her his way, and neither way is a pleasant end for Myranda, who'll be the last one to see her own end coming.

Man...i want her to stay. Fuck the police. Or she mutinies or something. I dunno. If shes to go byebye, at least let her have one more really evil act first.

Why dont they "Rhyonar of the First men" anymore? None, Stannis, Dany or Tommen...I always found that the most fascinating

Remember the first time Ned Stark says it...

They've never included it in the show. I re-watched s01e01 the other day, and he definitely does not include the Rhyonar reference (only the Andals and the First Men). Kinda sucks, I agree. It could've been a nice little way to explain Nymeria's name.