How would you rate episode 406?

How would you rate episode 406?  

719 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I like it. Specially Stannis scene for a change.

The trial was done nicely.

However I wont give it the highest grade because the Asha-Ramsey scene sucked as hell. Im so tired of the "almost reunion" pointless scenes. Done many times with Starks and now with Greyjoys.

Its a 7 for me.

Agreed

the 2nd half of this was great

the first half not so much

this 'Yara' person is ponderous and i really miss the Real Asha; one of the best characters in the books has the personality of a burlap sack on TV. well, a steely sack. but still, a sack.

and ramsay is not supposed to be fun. twisted, yes, but gleeful - NOT. missing the mark by a wide mile, there. Ramsey is basically Glen Danzig-meets-Alan Rickman but we're getting one of the Oasis brothers instead.

the trial was on point!

Not a lot of people are openly giving credit to Nikolaj Coster Waldau in this episode (which is understandable in the light of Dinklage's acting). Whole Nikolaj performance tonight was incredible: Jaime's shuttle diplomacy and then, at the trial - his disillusion on father's justice and unease on what's coming - and a lot of that played just by silent looks... Brilliant work!

4 of 10 -- well, at least it's been all uphill since episode 4...

o Sailing into Braavos / Iron Bank -- awesome.

o Asha/Yara -- not sure why they wasted time having her read the letter to the Ironborn just before arriving instead of a "previously on GOT..." before the opening credits, but whatever. The combat portion, like last week's at Craster's, was truly abominable. Seriously -- when Asha/Yara gave the Pulp Fiction hardest pipe-hitting Ironborn speech at the end of Season 3, I was expecting to see them getting literally medieval on the Boltons. Instead, it's like, "no harm, no foul, you keep Theon, we'll just put our tails between our legs and sail all the way back around Westeros, see you next season."

o Mereen -- cheesy CGI, not sure why they showed human remains when it looked like it was supposed to be just goats *this time* to set up for it being a child next time...but I totally lost respect for the show with the whole Hizdar revisionist history thing. I understand the writer for this episode may need the money, but if he/she really hates Martin and the books that much, he'she should just get another job. Seriously, in the books, the slavers themselves choose who gets executed, and there is no indication that *any* of them opposed crucifying the children. This antifanfic is worse than Talisa + Shae + episode 4/5 Crasters.

o Small Council / Varys+Oberyn -- not sure how Tywin demoting Mace to "ink boy" fits with his attitude last episode (saying how much they need the Tyrells). It's like the writers don't talk to each other or read/watch each other's episodes. Also, Mace is a buffoon, not a retard, so I fail to see him not noticing that Tywin is treating him poorly. Also, WTF -- did Pycelle actually say, "Jesus Christ" after Varys talks about The Hand? I know the writers have been sloppy with words this Season ("all the rage", etc.), but that's pretty bad.

o The Trial -- pretty awesome. Too bad whoever wrote this part didn't write (or spend as much time) on the rest of the episode.

Again, it would be nice if we could vote/poll on a per-scene basis, I hate the fact that a 10+ scene like the trial has to get buried by 1- scenes like the Dreadfort and Mereen.

Asha/Yara and Ramsey was a waste of film. He will remember her next time. Lol

Iron Bank aka mob backs Stannis only via Davos. I guess he is earning his title.

The first part of the trial was great-now to see the mountain and Oberyn.

Mereen was off base completely-do the writers even know what's going on?

Disappointing.

Dinklage = Emmy. You saw it happen tonight.

He was brilliant as usual but I don't see an Emmy for him unfortunately - at least not this year. He'll likely be the sentimental favourite (no, not because of *that* .. okay, a little because of that, rather due to Tyrion being such a tragic and insanely popular character) but if the voters look past that they'll certainly agree the award belongs to McConaughey..

10/10

Everything was perfect.

My namesakes (in a double way) nail it. Every bit of it.

Asha/Ramsay/Reek.

That was awesome acting. Especially Alfie and Iwan.

Varys and Oberyn rock.

It was actually the first episode I liked Stannis. But Davos and Salladhor'Saan get the credit.

Edited by King Tyrion I

He was brilliant as usual but I don't see an Emmy for him unfortunately - at least not this year. He'll likely be the sentimental favourite (no, not because of *that* .. okay, a little because of that, rather due to Tyrion being such a tragic and insanely popular character) but if the voters look past that they'll certainly agree the award belongs to McConaughey..

Agreed. Dinklage was great in this episode, but he's been somewhat unremarkable the past five episodes (not really his fault; the writing's been a bit off). While he deserves a nomination at least, there is no way McConaughey doesn't win the Emmy. His monologue in 1x2 about his daughter actually almost brought me to tears, and nothing I watch ever does. One could pick any scene with McConaughey in it and present that to the Emmy's.

I enjoyed this episode. I feel that the episode had a nice flow to it. Viewers see the ties from the beginning of the season, plans are coming to fruition ie Stannis/Davos. I really enjoyed the Iron Bank scenes. I'm sure it gave Stannis more street cred from some of the Unsullied viewers.

Ramsey, Reek, and Yara scenes I also enjoyed. I believe that to say it is pointless is a bit of an exaggeration. I can agree Ramsay/naked girl scene was silly but I enjoy the actor who plays Ramsay so... But they did convey Reek's loyalty as well as his mental state. I think it's a good stepping stone to where the show plans to go in the next episodes. Obviously they can't leave us hanging on Reek's story.

Danny's scenes were great. The throne is a bit more than she bargained for. The dragon looked amazing. The flow of the scene was nice. I didn't know what was about to happen and then Drogon came up out of now where.

Tyrion's trial was absolutely riveting. I loved the acting. It was spot on. I was so emotional. The ups and the downs. I could go on.

I gave this episode a ten. I was very satisfied with it.

I think you read the book, but I'm wondering why you didn't expect the drogon scene? It was obvious soon as the kid was shown.

Agreed. Dinklage was great in this episode, but he's been somewhat unremarkable the past five episodes (not really his fault; the writing's been a bit off). While he deserves a nomination at least, there is no way McConaughey doesn't win the Emmy. His monologue in 1x2 about his daughter actually almost brought me to tears, and nothing I watch ever does. One could pick any scene with McConaughey in it and present that to the Emmy's.

McConaughey= best actor emmy (and hopefully oscar for Interstellar!)

Dinklage= best supporting actor

The two can coexist.

Loved it. Definite 10 for me. Trial at the end was excellent as was the Reek/Braavos scenes. Not really sure why everyone thinks the Yara scene was pointless. I thought it showed how far Theon has gone, officially kills Theon in Yara's mind for any future scenes on the Iron Islands which we know will happen and becomes the pre-req to the future scene where Reek impersonates Theon. We needed to see his reaction to someone from his old life before we see him go to Moat Cailin and pretend to be Theon. This episode's scene will make that scene all that more powerful.

As for Yara running from dogs, think it was pretty clear Theon was dead to her and her mission failed so why not get out? I get it's a bit anti climatic but it's not really all that important how they get out, just what happened when she tried to take him out and the subsequent scene between Reek and Ramsey.

So does anyone think we'll see Yara (I refuse to call her Asha, cause she isn't the same person) again this season, or was this it? Will we maybe see her pass through Moat Cailin or maybe back at Pyke in time for a certain person's death?

[...]

Also, WTF -- did Pycelle actually say, "Jesus Christ" after Varys talks about The Hand? I know the writers have been sloppy with words this Season ("all the rage", etc.), but that's pretty bad.

No, he said "Disgraceful".