How would you rate episode 406?

How would you rate episode 406?  

719 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

If you liked the Dreadfort stuff and the Mereen stuff I don't see how this episode is only an 8.

I liked the episode, but didn't get this "OMG" feeling before the trial.

It's very subjective you know, it can get very little to have me go "omg".

To do as other poster did: "The episode is worth "7" until the trial, then that becomes an 8"

I gave a 10 but perhaps that's because I just finished watching the episode and I am still excited about it. I didn't have time to cool down. One of the best, if not the best episode so far in the series. Peter Dinklage's performance in the trial is amazing, so much power that the emotions of Tyrion strike the viewer and left it gaping at the end.

Everything was good in this episode (if we try to forget that the storyline of the series has sundered in parts from that of the books) from Stannis and the Iron Bank, to the failed attempt to rescue Reek as well as Daenyris' courts and the introduction of Hizdar Zo Loraq in Meeren.

We've reached the best part of ASOIAF, that is the second half of a A Storm Of Sword. It looks promising. :)

Edited by sam90

I think you read the book, but I'm wondering why you didn't expect the drogon scene? It was obvious soon as the kid was shown.

Well it surprised me - I thought it was well done. And it's too early to kill a kid. And there are kids everywhere. If there had been sheep instead of goats I might have twigged. I don't think too hard during bc I like to be surprised.

Edited by rmholt

I feel like the asha/yara storming the dreadfort was sloppy and pointless I don't understand why they ran from two dogs and they were armed. But everything else made up for it I especially liked the whole part with Jamie and tywin.

I admit this wasn't perfect but I guess it didn't upset me nearly as much as some. I don't think the key was fleeing from the dogs...I think it was that they got Theon...and he refused to go. He wasn't her brother anymore. They didn't have many men. This was suppose to be a smash and grab as is the Iron Born way. Not an occupation. Once it was clear her brother was completely turned...it was time to GTFO.

Overall i loved the episode. Great setup for Stannis. A little sad more of that speech didnt come from him then from Davos but Davos nailed it.

The trial was incredible and Dinklige knocked it out of the park, as well as Varys.

It does leave me scared for where i think they are going with Shea and Tyrion as it seems to be setting up to veer pretty far off the book in an attempt to whitewash their perfect love.

Edited by Hard Hugh

I think you read the book, but I'm wondering why you didn't expect the drogon scene? It was obvious soon as the kid was shown.

I don't sit and watch to see what is and isn't from the books ergo I wasn't waiting for it. Two artistic mediums. I like being surprised.

Well it surprised me - I thought it was well done. And it's too early to kill a kid. And there are kids everywhere. If there had been sheep instead of goats I might have twigged. I don't think too hard during bc I like to be surprised.

Exactly.

So if I break my rating down by "scenes" I get....

Ramsay/Yara/Theon -- 3, would have been a 1 if not for Reek.

Dany in Meereen/Goat Scene -- 8 -- I liked it, good foreshadowing of bad things to come with the goat bones and although Hizdahr was not as I imagined, I liked how the scene showed the negative repercussions of Dany's form of "justice".

Stannis and the Iron Bank -- 6 -- interesting to see inside the Iron Bank but the rationale to fund Stannis made no sense whatsoever. The Salladhor Saan hot tub scene really annoyed me. The joke was too long, didn't get the punch line and just seemed like another excuse of nudity. Stannis is of course nowhere to be found.

Pre-trial scenes -- 6--. Small councils scene was fine, setting up Dany as a threat even though I didn't get the feeling that they see the dragons as something to worry about (baby dragons), more about her Unsullied and Sellswords. Didn't get the Oberyn and Varys discussion as it seemed to suggest that Varys is angling for the Iron Throne which isn't (wasn't) the case. Oh well.

Trial -- 9-- pretty awesome but followed the book so no real surprises. I liked how Oberyn actually questions some of the testimony (e.g., what debt did Tyrion want to pay back?). They seem to really emphasize Sansa's role in the poisoning with Shea's testimony and finding the necklace. I suppose that makes her position even more precarious.

So, final score is a 6.5 (okay I'll give it a 7).

Dany in Meereen/Goat Scene -- 8 -- I liked it, good foreshadowing of bad things to come with the goat bones and although Hizdahr was not as I imagined, I liked how the scene showed the negative repercussions of Dany's form of "justice".

Stannis and the Iron Bank -- 6 -- interesting to see inside the Iron Bank but the rationale to fund Stannis made no sense whatsoever. The Salladhor Saan hot tub scene really annoyed me. The joke was too long, didn't get the punch line and just seemed like another excuse of nudity. Stannis is of course nowhere to be found.

Pre-trial scenes -- 6--. Small councils scene was fine, setting up Dany as a threat even though I didn't get the feeling that they see the dragons as something to worry about (baby dragons), more about her Unsullied and Sellswords. Didn't get the Oberyn and Varys discussion as it seemed to suggest that Varys is angling for the Iron Throne which isn't (wasn't) the case. Oh well.

Trial -- 9-- pretty awesome but followed the book so no real surprises. I liked how Oberyn actually questions some of the testimony (e.g., what debt did Tyrion want to pay back?). They seem to really emphasize Sansa's role in the poisoning with Shea's testimony and finding the necklace. I suppose that makes her position even more precarious.

You have never heard the red shirt/brown pants joke before?

? The punch line to the joke,really? If he wore a red shirt so they wouldn't see the blood, brown pants would hide what's coming out of his ass as he's surrounded by 10 pirate ships, sheesh lol

Strong performance by a few, especially Peter Dinklage. Certainly things I didn't particularly love about this episode, but solid TV drama. Great stuff in my book.

I feel like I finally hate "show Cersei", although I've always hated book Cersei. It's nice that the show is finally trying to catch up to Cersei's true fucked up nature.

Gave it a 9.

The actors crushed it. The Dreadfort stuff may have been scripted or edited on the clunky side, but the rest more than made up for it.

Love me some Davos, Salladhor, Oberyn, a sprinkling of Tyrells, and all the Lannisters. (As much as I hate all Lannisters in the books, I love watching this group of actors.)

Peter Dinkage KILLED it.

(and...the requisite boobs)