How would you rate episode 406?

How would you rate episode 406?  

719 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I think the key to the goat bone scene was that she paid the goatherd three times what his herd was worth and the look on Barristan's face. That sets up the dozens of goatherds that will start showing up and will make the scene people may have thought that one was going to be even more dramatic.

I think the key to the goat bone scene was that she paid the goatherd three times what his herd was worth and the look on Barristan's face. That sets up the dozens of goatherds that will start showing up and will make the scene people may have thought that one was going to be even more dramatic.

This is actually *good* adaptation (not saying *you* disagree, I just thought this was a good post to which to reply). In the books, we get Dany's POV recalling the previous (off-page) reports, which works fine in a book. The show could have had her discussing it with somebody (Daario in the bath -- gag) before the scene, but I think it works much better to show the first claim (and foreshadow the problem), then later (when people are abusing her generosity) drop the bomb with a child's bones. And hopefully the show will at least wait one or two episodes before "resolving" this issue.

The only problem I had with [this part of] the scene is that (to my untrained eyes) the bones looked like human remains. Maybe if there had been a clear goat skull that would have been better.

It's too bad that too many other scenes in recent episodes have been extra-long attempts to introduce and resolve a plot point in one or two sittings.

Edited by ground_control

The only problem I had with [this part of] the scene is that (to my untrained eyes) the bones looked like human remains. Maybe if there had been a clear goat skull that would have been better.

There was. It was right on top. You could see the horns.

First reaction was a 9, almost forgot about the Ironborn business. So 8 it is.

Meereen wasn't too convincing either but still ok.

Varys, Oberyn, Tywin and Tyrion were all perfect, as was Davos.

Overall, I find the series to be much more interesting again because of the last few episodes.

The combination of Oberyn, Varys, Tyrion, Jaime, Tywin, Pycelle, Cersei, Jaime, (damnit, the whole Kings Landing), in that trial, as well as in the pre-trial was simply too much acting talent gathered together for it not to bee outstanding, and nothing cheapening it. I wasn't too impressed by the Dreadfort, not because of the acting nor the argument, but how it was executed. Not bad, just not nearly as good as the rest of the episode. Everything else was good, except the trial reached an unseen level.

8/10.

Peter Dinklage was just outstanding. The whole trial was done very well, I think and it flowed nicely, with staying true to the book. This is what the episode meant for me - Tyrion's trial. Shae was convincing and Tyrion's reactions and that speech were unbelievable. Such an emotionally full performance by Dinklage, this made up for him hardly appearing in previous episodes after the wedding. The other parts were well-done, but did not blow me away (I am not sure about Hazzea and Hizdahr, though the actor was perfect, they cast him suitably). Oberyn build-up was nice and we can certainly prepare for the pay-off of all his scenes.

Overall, a superb episode with Dinklage's speech being the main highlight.

Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6: 7;10;8;9;10;8/10.

Edited by RadoLukacs

A lot of people are saying this is the best episode. That is a bit much, it has the best moment with Tyrion's speech but other parts I was kind of lukewarm about. Stannis has really been diminished and I am not sure why. I am not in love with the character but I think he has value in the story.

I feel like the asha/yara storming the dreadfort was sloppy and pointless I don't understand why they ran from two dogs and they were armed. But everything else made up for it I especially liked the whole part with Jamie and tywin.

Simple tactics.

they focus on Ramsay and the bastard boys, the bitches would bite her leg off, focus on the dogs and ramsay and his boys could rush in and stab poor Yarasha and her Ironborn through the heart.

although I had wished to see the chase from the dogs something simmilair to the previous Ramsay chase, or if he had caputured Yarasha and do a hunt with her later.

beasts are some of the best offensive one can have they are vicious and dangerous aswell expendable.

So to you who say she could have killed the bitches and Ramsay along with his remains of the troops are wrong.

On topic,

10. I liked it all, although the dreadfort attack was a bit too short and edited **I loved to see Ramsay fight, laughing in his opponents faces why he simply wailed on them with his mace and dagger.

I have said I like Show ramsay a bit more then Book Ramsay because of the sick twisted joker esque characteristics in the show. (although I still love book Ramsay) I only wish for them to tell more horrifying stories about him. (like in the books)

Mereen although I am not a fan of Dany was very good, standing by her descision and such.

and ofcourse the Trial, I have no words it was perfect pure and simple.

fav so far and 10 out of 10

I say 8. Loved loved Yara's speech and then it just ended horribly. Reek scene was super cool and the only reek/ramsay scene I enjoyed so far. Stannis was boring as he is in the books. Drogon was magnificent. I like the additions to Hizdahr. Emilia's acting was great. You could feel her uneasiness, regret, trepidation and so forth. I cried a little when Shae testified against Tyrion. The look on his face :frown5:. Oberyn turns me on :drool:

My favorite place in Essos, Braavos, finally appeared. And it looked amazing. It had this Venetian feel (with the Rhodes Colossus making it cooler), corresponding with how I imagined the city would be like. And Davos is outstanding.

But clearly this episode was about Tyrion's trial more than anything. The Meereen part was slow paced and the Dreadfort assault bothered me (mostly because it seems they invaded it's shores, which is weird, considering Dreadfort faces Essos, not the Iron Isles). But thanks to the trial, I gave it a solid 9.

9, best episode of the season so far!

The bath scene was a bit awkward, but the trial was soooo good. Dinklage really delivered! His confession at the end might even have been better than the one in ASOS.

Also, it's worth mentioning that Liam Cunningham is absolutely perfect as Davos, he never disappoints.

Edited by Edmund the Just

the asha/ironborn stuff was poor, although Theon gave a very good performance. The Dany scenes were average, Davos and the Iron Bank was great. Tyrion and the whole trial was very, very good overall, But Tyrion's speech was just spine-tinglingly excellent - best part in the series for me so far.

Edited by lloydie

I gave it a 9.

Too much nudity. Brothel scene was fine. Ramsey scene did not add anything. He should have killed her after the act and then the blood on his chest would have been more disturbing and the scene would have meaning beyond bow-chicka-bow-ow. (perv quotient.)

I understood the Yara/Asha scene was actually more to show the "death" of the Theon her brother, but the escape/retreat didn't flow well. It was a "WTF, did I miss something?" break, in my mind, similar to the poor introduction of Barriston Selmy last season. He shows up, fights Jorah and is 15 feet away with Jorah holding him and all of the sudden he daggers the mantacor. It didn't flow very well is what I'm saying.

Tyrion and Davos saved the show for a 9.

Man Cogman just has the flow right. Even scenes that aren't memorable or have some massive significance just flow so well.

I wrote my critique before reading any comments. Kind of funny the comment directly before mine directly contradicts my argument. I believe parts of it didn't flow well but others do. Tomato-Tomato, I guess.

Edit: grammar

Edited by Words of Winter