Sign in to follow this  
Ran

How would you rate episode 406?

How would you rate episode 406?  

718 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

[...]

Also, WTF -- did Pycelle actually say, "Jesus Christ" after Varys talks about The Hand? I know the writers have been sloppy with words this Season ("all the rage", etc.), but that's pretty bad.

No, he said "Disgraceful".

Not sure if mentioned, but Alfie Allen was amazing. Great acting! 10/10!

I agree he was great.

Why oh why didn't they finish an excellent trial with Oberyn's declaration?

I know right? Would have been a way better ending.

I gave it a 9/10 (my first 9 of the season). And if I could rate individual performances, I'd give Alfie Allen, Iwan Rheon, NCW and PD all 10/10... My god, IR has just nailed Ramsay and his psycho-ness for me. Such a good casting choice.

I really have no complaints with the exception of 'Yara' putting her tail between her legs and running... Her and the guys she had with her... Lol, that was just silly and it's the only reason I didn't give it a 10.

All in all, though, I loved this episode.

I would like to support the poster who complimented Nikolaj's acting. It has been consistently superb throughout the show and I think it is way better than anything Dinklage offered this season. So, if anyone deserves an Emmy nomination, it's Nikolaj.

I would like to support the poster who complimented Nikolaj's acting. It has been consistently superb throughout the show and I think it is way better than anything Dinklage offered this season. So, if anyone deserves an Emmy nomination, it's Nikolaj.

Until this episode I would agree, but Dinklage blew everyone away with the last scene with Shae.

Stannis had a new supporter :bowdown:

IMO, Tyrions speech paled by Davos' tirade to the Iron Bank fella's. Next to that though, Lord Tyrell, would you be so kind as to fetch my parchment and quill?

It's an 8 for me.

Would have been a 9 if the Theon rescue wasn't so stupid.

And for some reason I was hoping the trial would be dragged out a bit more, but no complaints.

And Peter Dinklage's acting during the trial was PHENOMENAL.

His delivery of the last lines was spectacular.

Alfie Allen- just owning that difficult role always to perfection

Don't know all the actors names-- but Davos is played flawlessly too Stannis is the rightful king

I thought Tyrion's trial was GREAT, gave the episode a 9 instead of a 10 because the Yara/Asha sequence was such a disappointment. I hope that is not the last we see of her. I would have loved to have seen her kick Ramsey's arse.

The Titan of Bravos was great and I always love Davos. I think the Mereen portion was slow but in the books it is too....Dany spends way too much time in Mereen but I thought Hizdar was good and liked the twist that his father was one of the crucified men. That sets up what happens later pretty well and gives him a motive.

Echoing the sentiments of all. Dinklage, Allen, Cunningham, Hill, NCW and as always Dance are superb. Not to mention Pascal's delivery with limited lines.

That was an Emmy winner for PD.

9/10

Just had to add - if they follow the books for the next four episodes we are in for some amazing television. I think this season will end up being epic, just like Book 3 (Storm of Swords) is.

I know right? Would have been a way better ending.

Would make zero sense for him to declare unless he knew The Mountain was the queens champion

Anyway I give it a 9 best ep of the season

Edited by Mark Antony

376 votes in, 8.78 average, 9 median, 8.95 normalized average.

For those keeping track, this places the episode as the 9th most well-received on the forum, and the best received since "The Rains of Castamere".