How would you rate episode 406?

How would you rate episode 406?  

719 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Great Stuff. 10 Points.

Impeccable acting all around. Cunningham, Dance, Allen, NCW and of course Dinklage were superb.

With regards to the emmy dicussion:

• Definitely an emmy episode for Dinklage. Who is, like always, going to be in the Supporting Actors Category.
  • btw. True Detective ist going for Drama Series not Mini Series. Hitfix

A lot of great acting in this episode and it feels like it's one of my favorites in the show altogether, especially for not being a climax episode.

It was almost as if those 8 minutes were scenes of Yara at the Dreadfort that they cut for whatever reason. It seemed odd that Ramsay just shows up with random blood all over himself and there was no real escape sequence.

I don't think that scene needed anything more than it had. I like that we don't have to be shown why Ramsay has blood all over himself because we know he's crazy enough to kill the girl he was with, and the point of the scene wasn't really anything about the Ironborn but to show that Theon is perhaps damaged beyond repair as not even his sister could snap him out of it.

Hi new to this forum :drool: I joined because this episode is so great!!!

Having read the books I wont spoil anything....BUT this was the best this season , probably very slow paced for non readers.

I will not give anything away , this episode is the where a pendulum of sorts starts swinging the other way, for one family in particular.... a turning of the tide of fortune.

:ack:

Gave it a 7. The trial was very good. Seems like they are going to drag out the trial by combat for a couple of weeks. Tyrion's confession was superb. Dany's scenes were decent enough. Just getting her new Mereen story on track I guess. A nice introduction of Hizdar...hopefully they do not change actors 5 times before he really gets involved. What was the point of Stannis going to Braavos? Dragging out his role before heading north I guess? Maybe he needed the loan to pay for more ships and crew to head to the Wall? What was the point of Asha's attempt to free Theon? And how exactly did she get back to her boats? And why would Ramsey allow her (a highborn noble) to leave? Super weak and highly sloppy. And the show was not even 50 minutes long. I was going to give it a 6 but Tyrion's scene was very powerful.

Gave it a 7. The trial was very good. Seems like they are going to drag out the trial by combat for a couple of weeks. Tyrion's confession was superb. Dany's scenes were decent enough. Just getting her new Mereen story on track I guess. A nice introduction of Hizdar...hopefully they do not change actors 5 times before he really gets involved. What was the point of Stannis going to Braavos? Dragging out his role before heading north I guess? Maybe he needed the loan to pay for more ships and crew to head to the Wall? What was the point of Asha's attempt to free Theon? And how exactly did she get back to her boats? And why would Ramsey allow her (a highborn noble) to leave? Super weak and highly sloppy. And the show was not even 50 minutes long. I was going to give it a 6 but Tyrion's scene was very powerful.

Stannis went to Braavos because he has no money. They set it up over 3 episodes.

Asha escaping was just weird. I really think they needed even a quick scene of them fleeing because the transition was quite poor, and as you pointed out there was plenty of time.

Ok so I give it an 8.

Right after seeing it I thought I'd go for a well-deserved 9 or 10, but I'm rating the whole episode and not just the last scene.

Been wanting to see Braavos for a while, not disappointed. Nice talk by Davos who actually reversed the situation.

The Dreadfort scene was nice! Good to see some fighting and to know how messed-up Theon is now. Yara/Asha running away was only logical, her little commando isn't suppose to bring down House Bolton, but merely to infiltrate. If it wasn't for Theon's transformation she would have succeed.

This scene isn't "pointless" at all, Yara just failed! Her departure in the previous season announced this assault, it's only normal we see it happen.

I would gladly have had the Ironborn be more badass and the transition to fleeing seemed weird but eh... (btw, a trained and starving hound can take down an armed man easily).

+1 for erotic choking of Ramsay.

Daenerys gets to grow-up again, learning what it is to rule people, interesting development (so far we have avoided the stupid romance of the first episode).

Very nice dialogs in King's Landing, no need to empathize how awesome the trial was.

Mace Tyrell is very well acted. Getting the essence of the character without much lines.

When Tyrion demands trial by combat, all the actors' faces are awesome, magnificent acting. It's their faces + music that conclude the episode in an awesome way.

Edited by Alizard Erebys

Definitely the highpoint of the season. The Iron Bank scene was pretty good and the trial was amazing. The attack on the Dreadfort was lame, but all of the Ramsay/Reek scenes were pretty incredible. More than any other episode this one managed to pretty much keep everything up from start to finish. I hope the show can remain around this level for the rest of the way.

Ok so I give it an 8.

Right after seeing it I thought I'd go for a well-deserved 9 or 10, but I'm rating the whole episode and not just the last scene.

Been wanting to see Braavos for a while, not disappointed. Nice talk by Davos who actually reversed the situation.

The Dreadfort scene was nice! Good to see some fighting and to know how messed-up Theon is now. Yara/Asha running away was only logical, her little commando isn't suppose to bring down House Bolton, but merely to infiltrate. If it wasn't for Theon's transformation she would have succeed.

This scene isn't "pointless" at all, Yara just failed! Her departure in the previous season announced this assault, it's only normal we see it happen.

I would gladly have had the Ironborn be more badass and the transition to fleeing seemed weird but eh... (btw, a trained and starving hound can take down an armed man easily).

+1 for erotic choking of Ramsay.

Daenerys gets to grow-up again, learning what it is to rule people, interesting development (so far we have avoided the stupid romance of the first episode).

Very nice dialogs in King's Landing, no need to empathize how awesome the trial was.

Mace Tyrell is very well acted. Getting the essence of the character without much lines.

When Tyrion demands trial by combat, all the actors' faces are awesome, magnificent acting. It's their faces + music that conclude the episode in an awesome way.

If you liked the Dreadfort stuff and the Mereen stuff I don't see how this episode is only an 8.

total waste of time and use of a episode. They could have did so many other things that were real and true to the story than wasting half a episode on things that didn't happen and didn't even change the course of the story like the night watch scenes what was the point of Jon/Bran scenes if they didnt meet. Loche got killed. They could of showed Bran meeting cold hands, but they show a other taking baby to it's lair that never happened in books. I think show creators are making story more difficult and confusing. It would be best If guess if i'd never read book to have anything to compare it to.

I almost gave this one a 7 but with the quality of most of the acting just had to bump it to an 8.

The Ironborn seemed a little rusty and the dragon only roasted and carried off one sheep and yet the sheepherder claimed he lost everything. Way to triple your flock overnight!

Pretty sure Drogon burned the whole flock, if not like 80% of it.