[BOOK SPOILERS] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions

well my non-reader friend just called from the bar to share his thoughts...he believes Tyrion will have to fight or use Bronn again...he also is of the opinion that this was the second best epi this season...still favoring Oathbreaker as #1...he is convinced Stannis means to buy swords and ships to sail north but has no hopes for that to happen this season...

My friends were freaking out when Jamie and Tywin discussed Tyrion taking the Black and Jamie going to the Rock. They all thought the Dreadfort scene was pointless, but thought Reek was awesome in it. They of course, loved the Drogon appearance. They also freaked out after Tyrion's monologue and were bummed that they left 8 minutes on the board.

I asked who they thought was going to fight, and they thought Jamie would be involved, but didn't know what side he'd fight on since he's Kingsguard and all. Bronn was also brought up as Tyrion's savior.

When Shae entered the hall, my friends thought she was back to help Tyrion. It was so sweet, they're still in shock.

Plus, they're guessing Bronn will be Tyrion's champion, and that Dany is going to start having some troubles (finally we've seen she's not free from mistakes and bad judgement).

When they mentioned Braavos, my friend said, "Oh, that's where Jaqen was from, right?". It totally caught me off guard because she never picks up on anything. It's almost frustrating to watch this with her at some points but I do it anyway. So the fact that she remembered Jaqen's name AND the fact that he was from Braavos was just really funny to me, considering she also thought the Lannisters wanted money from the Iron Bank-- not that they already have borrowed it-- so that's how oblivious she is normally.

She loves Oberyn. Pefect!

She thinks the trial will be next week and it will either be Jaime or "That guy from the Vale" aka Bronn.

She was surprised to see Shae brought back but it didn't mindfuck her the way it did me when reading it so that's unfortunate.

She also said she didn't care about Theon until he became Reek, and that his performance was perfect this week and it was in its own league along with Peter's. I was really happy she's starting to appreciate him.

She also likes Yara and thinks she's cool.

She literally doesn't give a shit about Stannis and I'm sad.

She seems like she expects Tyrion to win his trial and have life go on as normal. When I brought up that even if he's declared innocent, Tywin could disinherit him, or Cersei could kill him, or he could be banished, she was like "Oh...".

She actually liked Dany this week and was surprised by the fact that she did. She's sick of Dany being in Essos so when Dany announced she was staying, my friend was like "fuck this i dun currrr" but she liked it this week and liked that it was Dany actually having some troubles and not knowing what to do and getting shown what was what.

What did non-readers think of Shae's testimony?

Mum was assuming she was doing it because woman scorned. I mentioned the possibility of coercion and shes like "well maybe Cersei..." and im like "umm perhaps yes, but also...remember 'Bring her to the Tower of the Hand before the wedding.'" and mum was like "wait...yeah i do..that now doesnt make sense...whats going on here..."

Hue. Mum now thinks Tywin could have coerced Shae but cant think of why when he originally planned for Tyrion to take the black. That and she thought Shae was really on that boat. Oh man, episode 8 is gonna blow her dome.

Mum also thinks Jaime will be Tyrion's champion. I told her to pay attention to that other guy leaning forward during Tyrion's declaration. ;)

When they mentioned Braavos, my friend said, "Oh, that's where Jaqen was from, right?".

Oh they remember. Jaqen was too cool and sexy to forget.

Archived