[BOOK SPOILERS] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions

Agreed - Most unsullied feel like it will be Bronn (Tyrion) vs. Jamie (Joff) which I think D&D wanted to set up with pairing them this season (outside of just Ilyn Payne's actor's health). My pop's asked - who gets to pick first (cersei/tywin or Tyrion), once I said the crown he thought Cersei would pick Jaime and Tyrion would be torn not wanting to go against his brother and accept defeat or go to the wall if the options still available.

Yes, watching with my friend, her thoughts -

"That statue is cool, Oh thats Bravoos, isn't that where Jaqen is from." (No, he is from Lorathi but yeah sorry your right).

"Shit more Stannis, I hate him" ("WHAT STOP WHY") "He killed his brother, not redeemable, well only if he helps Jon somehow (swoon)" (shutup, I am way better looking them him)

"Is Theon gonna kill his sister?", "Wow Theon is totally broken, he is like his little creature" (agreed)

"Yes brown people!!!!, Yes Dragon's!!!!!!!!!!!!!, oh shit they're being mean stop it" (disclamier - she is indian not racist ha)

"Oh that Hizdar guy is gonna be important later", "is he gonna try to kill Dany, like poison her or something" (Maybe), "Ok, that means yes, damnit why do minoritys hate Dany" (except for the million that call her Mysha)

"That's why I love Tyrion, he is so sarcastic" , "Shit, I fell asleep for acouple minutes", "Bringing in all these people to talk about Tyrion reminds me of the season finale of Seinfeld"

"Oh Jamie, (swoon)", (Shut-up), "What, why is Shae, doing that. Did Tywin get her to do it or something"

"Jamie is gonna fight against Bronn and win, they can't kill Tyrion off, please tell me" (No chance), "I'm not having sex with you", "Oh that makes sense Oberyn is totally gonna beat the Mountain"

:lol: funny commentary!

I've only interrogated my dad about it, and he had a few things to say:

-He thinks Stannis is just misunderstood, and that Davos is his path to being understood.

-He has a feeling that Braavos will be seen again, though he doesn't know by whom or when

-He enjoyed the Salladhor scene and is pleased to see him again

-He agreed that the Dreadfort scene was pretty much pointless, but he thinks it's a character development for both Yara and Reek

-He seemed very unsettled when Reek was given a bath

-He thought the CGI was fantastic on Drogon

-He mentioned that Daenerys is finally learning how to be a Queen

-Hizdahr - "It'll be interesting to see what happens with him"

-He'd completely forgotten that Jorah was once spying for Varys, and realised that Varys must have some contact with Illyrio (must've forgotten about the skulls scene in season one) for him to have contact with Jorah

-He thinks that Oberyn is too much of a "Puss in Boots"/Antonio Banderas kind of guy

-Despite all the Hound said last week, he'd forgotten about Ser Meryn (fucking) Trant

-He had no idea about Shae being the final witness, and he often remains quiet when watching anyway

-When I asked him about the Trial by Combat, he mentioned a few names (Jaime, Bronn, Antonio) as possible champions - the latter two for Tyrion

As a side detail, I asked him if he wanted to do a Tyrion-Tywin death staring competition, and his reply was that he needed to .. do his business. I found this ironic as he has absolutely no idea what is to come between the pair.

I've made it pretty clear to my boyfriend and everyone who will listen that I love Oberyn Martell. So when the episode ended my boyfriend said he hopes "your guy" will fight for Tyrion. One of my friends was confusing the mountain with the hound for some reason he thought they were the same character >.<

My dad thought Asha/Yara should have killed Theon after she realized he was messed up. I actually agree that would have made sense for her character and the scene if this was a plot line that actually had happened in the books.

edit: clarity

My Unsullied brother texted me this, "Oh dammit. I fucking know how this will end. Tywinn will pick Jamie and Tyrion will pick Bron. Bron will kill Jamie."

Then he quickly followed with, "Don't say anything. Let me just suffer for a week." :laugh:

He didn't blame Shae for turning against Tyrion, saying she was hurt and probably scared/coerced by the Lannisters.

My Unsulled husband is worried for Tyrion's fate, his favorite character. He thought Tyrion would pick Jaime or Bronn as his champion, but then was confused who Cersei and Tywin would pick. When I pointed out that Jaime lost his hand and isn't a good fighter ("But this is fantasy? He's been training hasn't he?"), he then guessed Oberyn would fight for Tyrion ("He's there to fuck shit up, right? Whatever Tywin wants, he's against.")

He is 100% confident that Oberyn will win the fight ("If they kill the Dorne guy, they keep emphasizing he's a prince, then Dorne will attack for sure right? Even if the Dorne guy starts to lose, I'm sure they'd step in before anything could happen to him") and is relieved since he didn't want Tyrion to go to the Wall. He thinks Jaime will get out of going to Casterly Rock, since he doesn't think the show should lose Jaime as a character yet.

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy both of their reactions when everything goes down. I told both of them before the trial happened that there was no way to predict what exactly happens and how it all goes down with Tyrion.

Here's what I heard: "So why did Varys say he recalled what he told Tyrion about saving the city? It made him sound like he's actually on Tyrion's side...oh, I bet he is! I bet when Jamie fights whoever Tywin picks for Joff's side, while that is going on, Varys will plan to have a ship take Tyrion to the Wall..."

My unsullied sister thinks that Stannis is like " a republican, trying to rule by fear" and that everything he said about Tommen not being a good king because he's manipulated by his grand-father and mother is just so he can create doubt and fear for the future so the iron bank will lend him money... And that Tommen is being manipulated now only because he's a teenager but once he'll turn 20 he'll be a great king and no one is gonna manipulate him... -_-

Also she's confused about Dany, at first she taught she was gonna take the iron throne and was rooting for her now she thinks that maybe she'll stay in slaver's bay forever besides Tommen is gonna be a great king one day so there's no need for Dany...

She thinks there won't be any fight that Tyrion will just escape with the help of Jamie.

She was confused that there weren't any Starks this episode lol! " but the Starks are the main characters, they can't just not be in an episode, are you sure we didn't miss a scene?"

Oh and she taught the Theon/reek scene was the most heartbreaking scene of this season.

Agreed - Most unsullied feel like it will be Bronn (Tyrion) vs. Jamie (Joff) which I think D&D wanted to set up with pairing them this season (outside of just Ilyn Payne's actor's health). My pop's asked - who gets to pick first (cersei/tywin or Tyrion), once I said the crown he thought Cersei would pick Jaime and Tyrion would be torn not wanting to go against his brother and accept defeat or go to the wall if the options still available.

Yes, watching with my friend, her thoughts -

"That statue is cool, Oh thats Bravoos, isn't that where Jaqen is from." (No, he is from Lorathi but yeah sorry your right).

"Shit more Stannis, I hate him" ("WHAT STOP WHY") "He killed his brother, not redeemable, well only if he helps Jon somehow (swoon)" (shutup, I am way better looking them him)

"Is Theon gonna kill his sister?", "Wow Theon is totally broken, he is like his little creature" (agreed)

"Yes brown people!!!!, Yes Dragon's!!!!!!!!!!!!!, oh shit they're being mean stop it" (disclamier - she is indian not racist ha)

"Oh that Hizdar guy is gonna be important later", "is he gonna try to kill Dany, like poison her or something" (Maybe), "Ok, that means yes, damnit why do minoritys hate Dany" (except for the million that call her Mysha)

"That's why I love Tyrion, he is so sarcastic" , "Shit, I fell asleep for acouple minutes", "Bringing in all these people to talk about Tyrion reminds me of the season finale of Seinfeld"

"Oh Jamie, (swoon)", (Shut-up), "What, why is Shae, doing that. Did Tywin get her to do it or something"

"Jamie is gonna fight against Bronn and win, they can't kill Tyrion off, please tell me" (No chance), "I'm not having sex with you", "Oh that makes sense Oberyn is totally gonna beat the Mountain"

Wait a minute did you really ask this? lol

By the way this is a bit of a random question but do you happen to do video reviews or post Game of Thrones videos on you tube? There is some dude who happens to do video reviews with his indian friend and I was just wondering if it was you?

Unsullied: What is this trial by combat? Is it a fight till death?

Me: Yes it is. You remember the trial in the vale? Tyrion got rescued by Bron. He killed the champion of Lysa in a trial by combat.

Unsullied: So he doesn´t have to fight himself?

Me: No, he can name a champion.

Unsullied: Oh his brother will be one. He will fight for Cersei!

Me: Tyrion could name his brother, too.

Unsullied: Great you just spoiled the ending of this! Jamie will die in trial by combat for Tyrion.

That's one good thing about Jaime's arc this season is that we get interesting hypothetical questions like what would happen if one of them picked Jaime? If he were allowed to fight and represented Tyrion, Tywin would face a huge dilemma. If he represented Cersei he could sacrifice himself to save Tyrion. If both named him (though with him maimed only Tyrion would because he'd understand that it might force Tywin/Cersei to rig the combat for Jaime), what would happen? And I hope they explicitly address this next episode

She also has a feeling that Oberyn's revenge is coming soon, and she has a feeling that the trial will have something to do with it: but she doesn't even want to think about Oberyn getting himself into any combats, because she loves him and doesn't want anything bad to happen to him :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well, someone's in for another heart-break...

IMO, as far as Stannis is concerned, Dany "the Unburnt" and Aegon "the Unbashed" have no claim to the IT. The Targ Dynasty has ended, The Usurper won and thus gave the line of succession to the Stags.

Thats just IMO how he thinks though.

I agree on Dany, but only because she's a girl and thus not heir to anything (at least by Westerosi laws). Now, if a legitimate, male Targaryen heir were to show up (not convinced on Aegon)... that might seriously shake up Stannis, IMO.

That's one good thing about Jaime's arc this season is that we get interesting hypothetical questions like what would happen if one of them picked Jaime? If he were allowed to fight and represented Tyrion, Tywin would face a huge dilemma. If he represented Cersei he could sacrifice himself to save Tyrion. If both named him (though with him maimed only Tyrion would because he'd understand that it might force Tywin/Cersei to rig the combat for Jaime), what would happen? And I hope they explicitly address this next episode

Yes, my unsullied definitely thinks he knows exactly what is going to happen.

It is actually funny that he thinks I spoiled him. Now I only have to say how great Oberyn is and I think the confusion will be perfect...

He is 100% confident that Oberyn will win the fight (...)

This is something that baffles me (and gives me much glee). That so many of the Unsullied who have figured out the fight are sure of this. There will be much wailing on and off sceen. :devil:

I agree on Dany, but only because she's a girl and thus not heir to anything (at least by Westerosi laws). Now, if a legitimate, male Targaryen heir were to show up (not convinced on Aegon)... that might seriously shake up Stannis, IMO.

It's not like Stannis was a Targaryen supporter during the rebellion. Why would he now suddenly be shaken up by the discovery of a male Targaryen heir when he was part of the war against them? That makes absolutely no sense.

Non-Reader Friends predicted that Bronn will fight for Tyrion and Tywin is offering gold to Jorah to murder Daenerys. Barristan intercepts the letter and rats out Jorah as an informant of the throne.

Reader Friends attributed the general positive ratings of the episode because it did not have Jon Snow in it. I can buy into that after last week's episode and the changes they had on it. Predictions? They know, so no predictions.

Non-Reader Friends predicted that Bronn will fight for Tyrion and Tywin is offering gold to Jorah to murder Daenerys. Barristan intercepts the letter and rats out Jorah as an informant of the throne.

Reader Friends attributed the general positive ratings of the episode because it did not have Jon Snow in it. I can buy into that after last week's episode and the changes they had on it. Predictions? They know, so no predictions.

That's a good prediction on what Tywin was writing.

That's a good prediction on what Tywin was writing.

Considering they were basing this off of that unremarkable conversation between Barristan and Jorah last year. It surprises me that people can conclude from something so unremarkable as that small bit of friction between the two men. You would think it's just a pissing contest between two tough guys but the constant differences of opinions between two ever since has gotten people thinking.

It's not like Stannis was a Targaryen supporter during the rebellion. Why would he now suddenly be shaken up by the discovery of a male Targaryen heir when he was part of the war against them? That makes absolutely no sense.

Getting off topic here, but to give a short answer: I think Stannis of all people would understand that just because some apples are rotten (Aerys and Viserys) does not mean that all the others (Aegon) are as well. But we won't know for sure until book Stannis hears of Aegon.

Archived