Best Lines of 406

I think Hiz rocking the house was made even better because of the set up. Dany just looked so pleased and proud of how she handled the goat herder. Like "Being queen is CAKE...I got this!!"

Then WHAM Hiz coming in to knock her down more then a few pegs.

"Poison very few in the Seven Kingdoms posses... And used to strike down the most noble child the gods ever put on this good earth."

Truer words have never been spoken, Grand Maester.

Beaten AGAIN!! Was about to come post this one too.

The looks given after he says this line were pretty great. I know I scoffed when he said it.

"Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than 1000 lying whores".

THIS.

"Your" as in "yeah you, Cersei".

"1000 lying whores", as in "Shae, I name you liar".

But above all, "bastard" as in "Eddard and Stannis were telling the truth all along".

Tyrion just confirmed what his whole family (except Jaime) would like to bury a thousand miles deep. :eek:

"and you will father children named Lannister"

Tywin going right below the belt with that one.

Yeah, what the hell - does the show canon include him knowing now ? :shocked:

EVERYTHING Hizdhar said. Holy Shit.

Serious Hizdahr action, I was quite surprised.

"The phrase "Fuck the King" was used" had me laughing hard.

Yeah, Varys is comedy gold sometimes. He could have omitted that, but why ?

Mace Tyrell was HILARIOUS the whole episode... he's such an oaf, immature kiss ass it cracks me up.

"Mace, be a good man and fetch me my paper and writing quill." :owned:

No singular lines, just speeches this episode. Off course Tyrion's during the trial BUT, and say what you will about the entire storyline, Asha's speech was awesome.

"As long as they can hurt our prince with impunity, the word Iron Born means nothing"

I loved the way she said "nothing".

No singular lines, just speeches this episode. Off course Tyrion's during the trial BUT, and say what you will about the entire storyline, Asha's speech was awesome.

"As long as they can hurt our prince with impunity, the word Iron Born means nothing"

I loved the way she said "nothing".

Yes, Asha's speech was great.

I wasn't particularly fond of her portrayal when I first watched Season 2; but after rewatching the series a couple of times (and seeing interviews of her)... Gemma :wub:

Really looking forward to seeing her become a more prominent character in the coming seasons.

"The phrase "Fuck the King" was used" had me laughing hard.

And Mace being a kiss-ass -- "It's an honor to be appointed to the small council--" and Tywin interrupts him. Love it.

Yes, the Tyrells reach too high much like the Boelyns.

After painfully long time, Tyrion is back... St Tyrion move along, Tyrion Lannister is back on the show... Every line he uttered was brilliant. Personal favorites "just leave me out of it" and bastard line.

This is how you write Tyrion.

:agree:

It was simply brilliant. Dinklage nails the part once again.

And I loved Tywin. I love this schemer. Degrading Mace to a secretary was hilarious.

Hizdar. Very Ghandi-ish. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Yara and the Dreadfort- ridiculous! Fire who ever was responsible for that. Good grief.

Davos Convincing the mob errr...Iron Bank

Speeches reigned supreme this episode. Tyrion, Asha and Davos all knocked it out of the park. Tywin was in a rare form during his conversation with Jaime and i love how nobody takes Mace serious. The rigged confessions of Pycelle and Trant were well written too. Same with Shae but unfortunately she's just a horrible actress wich i can't look past. Best lines have all been mentioned already but still, this one belongs here too:

Oberyn: "You liked boys before...?"

Varys: * Shakes no*

Oberyn: "really?"

Aside from Shae mentioning she had to fuck Tyrion like it was his last night, it was the only time during the entire episode that Oberyn genuinly seemed to care about what was said. Man, that character is portrayed like a boss. I can only hope that next season, they really keep up with this level when they introduce more Dornish characters.

Mace tyrell, be a good man and fetch my quill and parchment. Mace is the lord of Highgarden and Tywin made him a delivery boy.

The best part of that was Oberyn looking around at everyone as Mace gets up to get the quill & parchment, and it very much looks like Oberyn is thinking something along the lines of "seriously, the fuck is wrong with you people?"

Archived