Best Lines of 406

I think I didn't entirely understand that one? Someone cares to explain? :bowdown:

It was meant to be ambiguous, I think. Either Varys remembers every little detail of what Tyrion has said about Joffrey etc. so "sadly" he has to use it against him, or he means that he does not forget what Tyrion has done for them and might help him behind the scenes. I guess it's the latter.

So the backstory he claims is not true?

I assumed Oberyn could tell his accent wasn't native Westerosi and guessed Lys. Like, some kids who have diplomat parents and live in various places don't retain their native accent but it's not specific to a place either.

I think I didn't entirely understand that one? Someone cares to explain? :bowdown:

Besides the above poster's explanation, I took this as a bit of a double entendre to mean that he remembers what happened years ago....to the Targs and Blackfyres, for example

"I did not do it. I did not kill Joffrey but I wish that I had. Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than 1000 lying whores. I wish I was the monster you think I am. I wish I had enough poison for the whole pack of you. I would gladly give my life to watch you all swallow it".

Chills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFROZkA-EWg

:agree: I think I've watched that clip like 5 times already. Brilliant scene.

Varys: ''No one in under any obligation to call me Lord.''

Oberyn: ''Yet everyone does.''

Varys: *knowing shrug*

I think this is one of my favorite bits of new dialog in the entire show. It perfectly captures what Varys says to Tyrion about the illusory nature of power. No matter what Varys actually is, people think he's important, so he's called Lord Varys.

Also, ''Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than a thousand lying whores!'' for the sheer venom in the delivery.

My favorite part of that was the sheer pomposity with which Mace went to get the quill and parchment. Like he was just awarded the greatest honor in the whole 7K.

This actually can be used to explain Pycelle's over-the-top praise about Joffrey. Secret jealousy of Mace Tyrell - Pycelle is supposed to be the parchment fetching guy and fears being put aside.

j/k

That was more of a joke anyway.

Yeah I think it was a joke at the expense of their lack of endowment rather than a comment on trying to sleep with them.

I really enjoyed Davos monologue about Stannis and pretty much everything that happened in kings landing.

Possibly the best written episode of the series; at least as dialogue goes.

Tyrian's monologue at the end was amazingly good. I have a soft spot for the Iron Bankers acounting "beans" speech it is so realistic and true to life. Others may be concerned with "Right" and Titles but bankers care about getting paid.

Yara's speech was great but was undercut by the Ironmen "beaming up" when the dogs were loosed (just like the Ironmen they talk a big game but do not have the balls when it becomes real.

Archived