(BEWARE SPOILERS) "...A Thousand Lying Whores..."

Regarding the necklace, wasn't it littlefingers plan to leave it on Ser dontos body to put Tyrion in hot water by implicating Sansa

He wants Tyrion dead so Sansa is free to remarry?. Tv Shae's motivations are entirely believable in my opinion. She has been

rejected in the most cruel way from her point of view and Sansa was the reason Tyrion rejected her and the love she thought they had for each other,

lets not forget that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned , jealousy is a very corrupting emotion.

You have to take into account that for all Shae knows Sansa did kill Joffrey and left her there to be tortured or who knows what.

It is also plausible that after she believes it is all over with Tyrion that she goes back to what she knows which is being a whore.

I don't imagine there was a lot of coercion from Tywin or Cersei in her testimony. Shae wasn't afraid of anybody. When we were first introduced to her character she was in a battle camp and in the blackwater episode she had a dagger strapped to her thigh and was more than willing to fight any man .

I think its far more likely that Shae was a very willing witness although well prepared by Cersei or Tywin.

And going to the Wall, here at the very end of the longest summer in memory, with the Others massing, the wildlings poised to invade - and remember, Tyrion is a Lannister and was recently Hand, he has some knowledge of these developments - no women, no good wine, a military life surrounded by criminals and rejects . . . not exactly an inviting prospect for a guy like Tyrion. They pretty much ignored that aspect on the TV show, but book Tyrion wasn't interested in the Wall, and who can blame him?

This. Even if Tyrion had enough faith in "justice" to think that the crown would honor the deal and send him to the Wall - the Wall is no place for a dwarf, and it certainly isn't a place for a Lannister when a bastard son of house Stark is there.

I was disappointed in e07 when Bronn and Tyrion have that conversation and somehow Shae doesn't come up at all! IIRC Bronn never explicitly confirmed that he put her on the boat and watched the boat sail away. All he says his "she's gone". So surely that would be the first question Tyrion would ask "what's the deal with Shae being in King's Landing?".

So did she go to Pentos and then the Lannisters tracked her down over there? Or has she been in King's Landing / Westeros the whole time?

It's probably one of those temporal snapbacks, caused when book continuity forcibly imposes itself over show continuity and smooths out divergences. In the books, Tyrion never sends Shae away at all, which makes it possible for Cersei to reach her. In the show, Tyrion sends Shae away to the Free Cities yet she suddenly and abruptly appears back in KL. It was probably very scary for her too, suddenly being yanked back through time and space back to where she started. I wonder if she even made it off the ship before continuity snapped back.

• 2 weeks later...

Humiliating and seeking revenge on Tyrion for rejecting her is one thing, but throwing Sansa, the girl she once said she would kill for, under the bus as well? Not cool (assuming no coercion).

Sansa's fair game. She's vacated the premeses, never to return. I'm sure she'd give a rat's ass that her handmaiden was badmouthing her in order to save her skin.

This. Even if Tyrion had enough faith in "justice" to think that the crown would honor the deal and send him to the Wall - the Wall is no place for a dwarf, and it certainly isn't a place for a Lannister when a bastard son of house Stark is there.

Tyrion would make an excellent steward/maester. Jon liked Tyrion, probably would like him more after finding out he "killed" Joffrey and hearing an explanation from him about his family's (not his) misdeeds. I'm sure he would have been fine at the wall.

• 2 weeks later...

I just loved how Tyrion called Joffrey a bastard in front of the entire court, after the Lannisters have all been tiptoeing around the subject of his illegitimacy.

It's probably one of those temporal snapbacks, caused when book continuity forcibly imposes itself over show continuity and smooths out divergences. In the books, Tyrion never sends Shae away at all, which makes it possible for Cersei to reach her. In the show, Tyrion sends Shae away to the Free Cities yet she suddenly and abruptly appears back in KL. It was probably very scary for her too, suddenly being yanked back through time and space back to where she started. I wonder if she even made it off the ship before continuity snapped back.

ROFL! :laugh: But I don’t think Shae ever got out of the harbour. Maybe she was detained on the ship, or bribed the captain to row her back to shore, or Bronn just sold her directly to Cersei (I would be disappointed if this happened but it’s a possibility. I guess we’ll see in upcoming episodes).

I really didn’t think it strange that she’d implicate Sansa. Tywin is taking a ‘clean hands’ approach (as he did with the Red Wedding) to the whole trial, putting on this show of ‘I can’t get involved’ objectivity (which he claims to Cersei in a previous episode and Jaime in this one) while manipulating events to his desired outcome. Cersei is the one actually bribing and threatening witnesses, hence her desire to implicate Sansa whom she holds fully responsible for her ‘treacherous’ actions. Shae wouldn’t be happy about it, but Cersei would make it clear she can’t implicate Tyrion without Sansa. And remember Sansa has got away successfully; I think Shae wouldn’t have gone through with it if Sansa was in the dock with Tyrion. This explains why Cersei tenses up when Shae enters, but relaxes when Shae follows the script.

As for Shae’s dress, it’s not meant as payment (though I’m sure a carrot and stick approach was used to coerce her) but to portray a certain image. Tyrion is brought into the courtroom in shackles and chained to the dock like a wild beast, even though the idea of a dwarf overpowering his guards and fleeing on his little legs is ridiculous. It’s just meant to make him look like a dangerous criminal. Likewise Shae is dressed the way she is to make her look more innocent, to emphasise her story about being a girl forced into being a sex slave by the lecherous, amoral dwarf.

Archived