[Book + Show Spoilers] Synopsis, Promo, Recap and Speculation

The synopsis fragment: "Dany considers giving Daario a longer leash" is either about something that has nothing to do with sex/romance or alternatively something that's really, really about something sexual. My vote is for the former, not the latter.

another with no Bran? :crying:

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Bran again until the finale. Blame Martin for barely writing any Bran chapters. We're going to be more or less done with his ADwD stuff by the end of this season.

What's kind of cool about the Bran storyline is that we have, I believe, reached the point where there has been absolutely no footage shown in any behind the scenes stuff or trailers of anything else from here on out. What happens to him now (outside of the fact that we know a CoTF and Bloodraven have been cast) is a mystery.

I looked up the pervy site. Apparently Nathalie and Emilia will be nude in episode 8, and it'll be the last episode this year with nudity.

How legit is this? Do we buy it--I thought it was pretty widely known that Emilia refused any more nudity?

Emilia refused any more nudity? I don't believe that for a second. I don't know where this came from but I doubt that's the case. It's a job, she has said that she has no problems with nudity and that if she has to do, that's part of her job and she will.

Do we buy it--I thought it was pretty widely known that Emilia refused any more nudity?

No, that was just speculation about the actress who supposedly refused to do any more nudity in the previous season.

All your links are wrong, based on nothing but winds. Oona Chaplin mentioned an actress refused to appear naked anymore, yes. But we never had the confirmation that it was Emilia. I'm thinking more Sibel here, because Emilia was naked in S3, and Sibel wasn't.

Anyway, what's that pervy site ? I'm intrigued.

I, too, am surprised Only Cat happens so soon; thought for sure they were going to simply finish off AFFC this season. But Daario's "Let me do what I do best" is from ADWD. So Dany's story is forging ahead.

Meanwhile, Jon's lags when it should be the most active. I was sure Ygritte would be dead by now. How much longer can she last? Does it really matter if she dies in a skirmish or in the main battle? Going for the main battle is too standard, too much the practice of TV and lesser authors, but this is TV, being controlled by lesser authors, so we don't get things too realistic.

Brienne has less screen time than I thought. Granted, her AFFC material is easily cuttable. I want to see her fight with Rorge and Biter in 8, then facing Stoneheart in 10.

Stannis is already halfway to the Wall; presumably his surviving forces are at Eastwatch by now and he only needs a few extra mercenaries to round them out. So the show seems to be trying to make his journey take a plausible amount of time.

On track for Oberyn to volunteer as Tryion's champion in 7, the trial in 8, the release by Jaime in 10. Pretty much as expected going into the season.

Updated post. What I submitted for approval was basically a rough draft.

Daario thing is unlikely to be sex, yes, since HBO's website says no Strong Sexual Content this episode. Mind you, that doesn't completely write it off, but makes it less likely because I imagine their first time to be more... explicit?

^I hate to be the guy that always takes this thread in this direction. And I am sadly. Time and again. But I think Oona was referring to Esme Bianco.

As for the context of the expected scene in episode eight, Nathalie Emmanuel and some extras filmed scenes in a Croatian river. I think this will be the lead up to the scene where Drogon kills someone. We'll see a pastoral scene of some girls in the river and then we'll see Hazzea gobbled up.

I'm pretty curious to see the sequence of events leading up to Oberyn declaring as Tyrion's champion..

Not just their meeting in his cell as the OP pointed out we are pretty much sure to see.. but surely this will be more towards the end of the episode as it's likely we'll get Tyrion pretty much giving up hope of finding a champion ..

Question's I have (show specific in regards to how the exposition will go)

- What are the logistics of the Mountain being back in KL all of the sudden? Best guess is that Cersei sent for him in advance just in case it came to this - because she was worried about Bronn being a bit of a wild card and it's not as if KL is pouring with legendary Kingsguard these days.

- Tywin's reaction to Gregor being Cercei's champion?

- How does Oberyn come to know of all of this? Does Cersei blurt it out in a SCM (not overly far fetched).. I'm mainly interested in his reaction.

These aren't really questions I'm asking you guys per se, as there are plenty of logical answers to each, but rather dynamics that may play a part in this being a very epic moment between: The Mountain being introduced and slaughtering innocents ... Tyrion resigned to the fact that he might have to fight on his own behalf... and Oberyn going HAM on everyone and declaring for Tyrion... it's cliche of course, but as long as it's well done/written I don't have too many qualms with a bit of cliche here and there.

I think OP is wrong about The Hound taking off his armor to become less recognizable, if you look closely at the promo you can see Sandor in full armor holding his neck while Arya is stabbing something/someone that is taller than her. Then you see Sandor in rags with a big cut on his neck where his arm was previously covering.

Can't wait to find out for sure.

I'm pretty curious to see the sequence of events leading up to Oberyn declaring as Tyrion's champion..

Not just their meeting in his cell as the OP pointed out we are pretty much sure to see.. but surely this will be more towards the end of the episode as it's likely we'll get Tyrion pretty much giving up hope of finding a champion ..

Question's I have (show specific in regards to how the exposition will go)

- What are the logistics of the Mountain being back in KL all of the sudden? Best guess is that Cersei sent for him in advance just in case it came to this - because she was worried about Bronn being a bit of a wild card and it's not as if KL is pouring with legendary Kingsguard these days.

- Tywin's reaction to Gregor being Cercei's champion?

- How does Oberyn come to know of all of this? Does Cersei blurt it out in a SCM (not overly far fetched).. I'm mainly interested in his reaction.

These aren't really questions I'm asking you guys per se, as there are plenty of logical answers to each, but rather dynamics that may play a part in this being a very epic moment between: The Mountain being introduced and slaughtering innocents ... Tyrion resigned to the fact that he might have to fight on his own behalf... and Oberyn going HAM on everyone and declaring for Tyrion... it's cliche of course, but as long as it's well done/written I don't have too many qualms with a bit of cliche here and there.

I'm assuming that it'll be pretty well known that he will be champion, what with him slicing and dicing all the peasants out in the open like that.

I'd say it was part of her plan when in the last episode she was trying to manipulate the Judges. Try your best to influence the trail, and if he chooses Trial by Combat, try to influence that as much as possible by getting strongest, most feared motherfucker in the realm as your champion.

Archived