[Book + Show Spoilers] Synopsis, Promo, Recap and Speculation

I wonder if the rest of the Lannisters/their allies will have a discussion about what Oberyn representing Tyrion actually means (ie if he wins, Tyrion is free and angry, Oberyn has sided himself semi-openly against Tywin and holds Myrcella, whose crowning he may mention and they still need to deal with Joff's assassination, if he loses, Dorne will be PISSED. That scene would also be an opportunity for someone like Jaime to discuss Oberyn's experience and prestige as a warrior and fighter and maybe that he was a mercenary once, in the second sons which would interest viewers as a link in to Daario/Dany. They might even think he was working with Daario/Dany now! Which would be a great mislead)

The Hound looks like he's got a nasty neck wound when he's out of his armour, and in another scene in the promo, he's holding his hand to his neck. Could this injury be The Wound that weakens him?

I'd love to see Penny, but I don't think her scenes will really be necessary until after Tyrion's flight.

I'm glad this episode is finally featuring the Mountain doing what he does best. I know he's been mentioned by Sandor and Oberyn, but I feel like the series has reduced the full impact of his evil-ness by not showing him more. It's not really the showrunners' fault as I know there have been casting issues. But I just feel that to give the Viper/Mountain clash it's most profound impact, the Mountain needs to be more of the colossal swine he is in the books. Maybe this will be the place for it.

I'm sad about it, but I had my money on the 'snow castle' sequence not being given the same prominent last- placing that it was in aSoS. But I am surprised it's quite so soon though. This scene is just about my favourite of anything Martin ever writes (yet!). It's a beautiful piece of prose, but its just not dramatic enough to make good visual drama in the same way as dragons or walkers or, er, boobs. I really, really, really, really, really hope they at least try and do it justice, though.

Are those peasants the Mountain is slaughtering? They looked like the dwarfs in Joffrey's pantomime to me. Is this where we get Penny?

They are not dwarfs, you can see among/behind them a couple of gold cloaks, and they are the same height as the peasants. They just seem like dwarfs, because the promo cuts to them from a shot of the huge Mountain!

^^I agree with you, I wanted it to be in the finale.

It makes some sense having it now, though. This season they are fond of these long sequences focusing on one story and they do work really well imo. So if you think what's coming in the finale, Tyrion escaping, talk with brother, Tywin's room, kill Shae, talk with daddy, kill daddy. We will also have the aftermath of the Wall battle possibly and the choosing, we will have the Bran stuff which will take a while, Arya leaving, the Uncat moment. If we inluded the whole Vale sequence, snow castle, talk with LF, Lysa jealous, Only Cat, shove, (poss blame someone else) ... well that would stretch the episode to breaking point - even at 65 mins running time. It is a shame but I'd rather they spend a lot of time on these events and not rush them or split them in little scenes.

The shot of the snow castle looks lovely and Lysa wonderfully hysterical, so I am hoping too that it will be as good as the other big moments we've seen.

I guess they really wanted a major cliffhanger for the two week break, hence the early Lysa killing. People all are raving about Dinklage's performance in 4.6 (I found it a bit too much "demon monkey" tbh, but maybe that was the point) but I really loved the "if you want justice ..." snippet in the trailers with him weeping and am very excited for that.

The Hound looks like he's got a nasty neck wound when he's out of his armour, and in another scene in the promo, he's holding his hand to his neck. Could this injury be The Wound that weakens him?

I think it is. He does need to get injured pretty soon so that he can deteriorate enough to ask Arya for the gift.

Sansa builds a snow castle resembling Winterfell and is threatened by a jealous aunt. Littlefinger rectifies the situation with a sharp shove. Unknown if Littlefinger kisses Sansa to ignite Lysa's fury (Aiden Gillen stated in an interview that the Littlefinger/Alayne relationship would be less creepy, more paternal.

And you believed that? I think Gillen was massively trolling. :LOL:

And you believed that? I think Gillen was massively trolling. :lol:

I think so too, but I wonder if there is actual kiss. I think a hug would be enough to set off Lysa.

Hell, LF looking at Sansa would be enough with the way Lysa is :)

Melisandre and Selyse seem to be still in Dragonstone in the preview, which makes me raise some questions...

Will Stannis' people just skip an episode (the eighth) and then magically appear at the Wall in episode 9 ?

I know Littlefinger was able to teleport in season 2 and that the news are able to cross half the world in one episode, but still...

Are Melisandre and Selyse already at sea in that scene ? Or will they just stay at Dragonstone this season and never make it to the Wall ? (only Stannis/Davos)

Melisandre and Selyse seem to be still in Dragonstone in the preview, which makes me raise some questions...

Will Stannis' people just skip an episode (the eighth) and then magically appear at the Wall in episode 9 ?

I know Littlefinger was able to teleport in season 2 and that the news are able to cross half the world in one episode, but still...

Are Melisandre and Selyse already at sea in that scene ? Or will they just stay at Dragonstone this season and never make it to the Wall ? (only Stannis/Davos)

Melisandre is definitely in finale. There is this shot of her in trailers where she watches something burn - there is ice behind her.

Considering how Mel is showing Selyse some powders I assume they are at Dragonstone. I'd love for writers to use this opportunity to troll Unsullied more and hint that Stannis is going to KL.

I think it is. He does need to get injured pretty soon so that he can deteriorate enough to ask Arya for the gift.

I'd love to see Arya give him the wound. Just like when he interrupts her water dancing and she hits his armor, she gives him just a little knick, but in the stone age of medicine, infection, sepsis, etc take their toll.

I think so too, but I wonder if there is actual kiss. I think a hug would be enough to set off Lysa.

Hell, LF looking at Sansa would be enough with the way Lysa is :)

I don't think there's gonna be an actual kiss, but I am picturing a creepy scene with enough prolonged physical contact that there might as well have been one, and it might have been easily mistaken from the distance.

I think the Lysa reference might be a red herring. It's way too early for that to happen.

I think it make sense. It happens soon after Sansa arrives to Eyrie in the books as well. Don't really remember anything else happening other than the wedding at Fingers, snow castle and Moon door.

In the later episodes, Lysa's death would be overshadowed by all the other (and for viewers more important) shit and would loose its dramatic impact. Besides the audience expects shock twists around the end but not around the middle.

Archived