(Book spoilers) Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is brilliant

I just don't see how are they going to make Tyrion turn against Jaime. They have great relations right now, he even tried helping him at the trial. Then he will rescue him and Tyrion will turn against him just like that? Unsullied definitely don't remember the Tysha story that was only brought up ONCE in 4 seasons, not sure how are they going to do it.

I think this is one of the subjects D&D discussed with GRRM. They definitely asked him if the Tyrion turning against Jaime will be important to the story later, you know as in if there will be situation in which they confront each other again in the future and it will matter.

If it won't matter I think they might just change it from the book version and make Jaime and Tyrion have a great and peaceful goodbye scene because what could be the reason for the ShowTyrion to get angry at Jaime?

When Tyrion kills Daddy, Jaime is gonna be pissed off and full of guilt anyway...

I just don't see how are they going to make Tyrion turn against Jaime. They have great relations right now, he even tried helping him at the trial. Then he will rescue him and Tyrion will turn against him just like that? Unsullied definitely don't remember the Tysha story that was only brought up ONCE in 4 seasons, not sure how are they going to do it.

I think this is one of the subjects D&D discussed with GRRM. They definitely asked him if the Tyrion turning against Jaime will be important to the story later, you know as in if there will be situation in which they confront each other again in the future and it will matter.

If it won't matter I think they might just change it from the book version and make Jaime and Tyrion have a great and peaceful goodbye scene because what could be the reason for the ShowTyrion to get angry at Jaime?

Yes, this is something I'm afraid may very well happen - they'll just leave out that wonderful scene where Jaime reveals the truth of Tysha's love for Tyrion and the incredibly hurt Tyrion lashes back at Jaime by lying to him that he really did kill Joffrey. In the show they could just have Jaime and Tyrion have a nice farewell, as you say, and then still have Tyrion go kill Tywin and Shae. I sincerely hope this doesn't happen but it won't surprise me if it does.

Archived