Emilia Clarke

I still feel like she gets some badly conceived dialog.

I do feel Dany gets alot of those cheesy trailer dialogue lines.

On the other hand, Hizardhr's emotional appeal was lame to me. He should been more like an orator, skillful arguing his position to Dany.

What I picked up in was that during conversation with Hiz( can't spell his name) , but the look on BS face when the guy stated that his father was against slavery/killing the girls etc..... BS had the look of TOLD YOU SO, & even danny did a side eye toward BS. She knew that she Messed up big time.

I just wonder if they changed the story from the little girl to the goat, or will that still happen.

It is sad, but dani's lack of storyline & such really has little to do with the writing. It is what is going on in the book. Going from town to town freeing slaves, moving on to the next town doing the same, BOARING. I found my self skipping her chapters when I read the books. This is just where they are in the book. I found the same thing with Brans chapters until he meets cold hand, then things picked up.

What I picked up in was that during conversation with Hiz( can't spell his name) , but the look on BS face when the guy stated that his father was against slavery/killing the girls etc..... BS had the look of TOLD YOU SO, & even danny did a side eye toward BS. She knew that she Messed up big time.

A quibble.

Hizdahr zo Loraq claims his father was against the crucifixion of the children, but not that his father was against slavery...

or that he was not a a slaver.

I have come to view Kit Harington as a 'John Wayne' or 'Clint Eastwood' type of actor, tho the aged Wayne got better all the time and should have picked up an Oscar for the last film he made The Shootist , where he was absolutely remarkable.

(No I dont think Harington will become as famous as them!)

Eastwood has never won a acting Oscar and never will, he has been a good producer and director tho.

Those are two actors who are beyond the top A-list actors, who have just played themselves their film careers.

Several other famous actors like them.

Hard to say about Kit when he's just played one character (until Pompeii) really and he's changed that character exactly as that character matures in the books...

On the other hand, Hizardhr's emotional appeal was lame to me. He should been more like an orator, skillful arguing his position to Dany.

And although all of the people on here roll their eyes and call Emilia a poor actress (falsely IMO), the people who just watch the show on the whole utterly love Dany

And although all of the people on here roll their eyes and call Emilia a poor actress (falsely IMO), the people who just watch the show on the whole utterly love Dany

Thanks for his name, I can't spell half of these names. Slaver non slaver, my point was the look on BS face ( saying) he knew something like this would come back to bite her in the ass, and the fact that Dani then realized that she should have listen to him. He knows more about wars than she does. As the story progresses I think that she will find that out ( I don't want to put any spoiler here but). She may be the mother of dragons but, she still doesn't know S88t when it comes to War. She won a few Battles ( so did Rob Start & look what happen to him) he went' with his heart & it cost him his life.

Does anyone else feel as if Emilia Clarke has started to "overact"? I find her scenes exhausting because it just seems like she's trying too hard to portray Dany as a ruthless queen. While it is true that Danaerys has gone through some major character development; from meek and unsure of herself to a cunning commander -- yet I think that she is more uncertain of herself in the books than she is coming across in the show. Perhaps this is a result of the writing of the episodes, but Dany was my favourite character in the beginning, and now I feel indifferent towards her involvement in the story's progression, and unfortunately I feel as if Emilia's performance is partly to blame. She is too intense, and far too dramatic IMO. If she would tone it down a bit, I think Dany would be a little more relatable/likeable. Just a thought, I'm curious to see if anyone agrees.

Well NOT all the people on this forum.

But you are right, my in-laws and other non-reader friend fans of the show consider Dany one of their favorite characters.

Does anyone else feel as if Emilia Clarke has started to "overact"? I find her scenes exhausting because it just seems like she's trying too hard to portray Dany as a ruthless queen. While it is true that Danaerys has gone through some major character development; from meek and unsure of herself to a cunning commander -- yet I think that she is more uncertain of herself in the books than she is coming across in the show. Perhaps this is a result of the writing of the episodes, but Dany was my favourite character in the beginning, and now I feel indifferent towards her involvement in the story's progression, and unfortunately I feel as if Emilia's performance is partly to blame. She is too intense, and far too dramatic IMO. If she would tone it down a bit, I think Dany would be a little more relatable/likeable. Just a thought, I'm curious to see if anyone agrees.

Is book Dany relatable/likeable at this point?

I really liked her during season 1 & 1/2 way through 2. She got on my last nerves even in the book, but that is just because her story pretty much has been a Same old Same old. I think once we get into a bit more action with her she may come off better. This is where her story is right now.

Does anyone else feel as if Emilia Clarke has started to "overact"? .

At times yes, but I think her supporting cast and adversaries do the same thing (except Jorah and Selmy). I found her better in the books because of that or at least more relatable since in my mind I just imagine her differently. Losing both Vyserys and Drogo (who were great) in the first season also took away from it since she doesn't really have anyone to counter-act to. Right now most of her entourage only speaks when spoken to or in short sentences and it seems like she's chewing the scenery in comparison.

Thanks for his name, I can't spell half of these names. Slaver non slaver, my point was the look on BS face ( saying) he knew something like this would come back to bite her in the ass, and the fact that Dani then realized that she should have listen to him. He knows more about wars than she does. As the story progresses I think that she will find that out ( I don't want to put any spoiler here but). She may be the mother of dragons but, she still doesn't know S88t when it comes to War. She won a few Battles ( so did Rob Start & look what happen to him) he went' with his heart & it cost him his life.

I wonder why they made a point of this in the show?

In the books the surviving hoi polloi Meereen don't seem to give a damn about a bunch of other slavers being crucified. But they did seem upset over having their slave trade stopped, as well as do the , what?, middle classes in Meereen (GRRM never elaborates them) and Pit Fighters (how many of them could their be?)... and the Meereenize (Meereeni?) seem more upset about losing the gladiatorial circuses that anything else!

I wonder why they made a point of this in the show?

In the books the surviving hoi polloi Meereen don't seem to give a damn about a bunch of other slavers being crucified. But they did seem upset over having their slave trade stopped, as well as do the , what?, middle classes in Meereen (GRRM never elaborates them) and Pit Fighters (how many of them could their be?)... and the Meereenize (Meereeni?) seem more upset about losing the gladiatorial circuses that anything else!

How big can a middle class in a slaver oligarchy be in the first place?

She does always step up in the clutch. Emilia plays the big moments very well, such as her rousing speech prior to unleashing the collar-filled barrels over the walls of Meeren. She tends to underplay the normal, every day bits. But there's no complaints from me. She does a pretty good job.

How big can a middle class in a slaver oligarchy be in the first place?

Even tho ancient Rome had a lot of slaves, there would have been patrician class without a lot of freeman plebeians shopkeepers, artisans , merchants, farmers, soldiers... skilled or unskilled workers , so on... who were not slaves.

True true, I think that they did not want to beat anyone over the head with it and, I hate to keep saying that ugly word BUDGET. With these books they really have to cut a lot of corners and or create new scenes altogether. The Bran issue at the keep was good & better than another day trekking through the woods. I wish that they could do something with Dani, what I don't know.

Archived