A mountain of a man

Gimli son of Gloin

Well I just wanted to share something here with you, and as you probably can see it's about Gregor Clegane cast. More specifically Hafdor "Thor" Björnsson. My thoughts on the size of this man. I'm also up for discussion on this man as Gregor, althoug it's pretty irrelevant now. Since he got the role, yeeh

Storytime, yaaay: :read:

Last year, in September 2013, we who had geology and biology the last year on our high-school could go to Iceland on a school-trip. Altough not everyone who had/has geo or bio went.

Mostly the trip was a guided trip, we had an amazing time anyway. Saw alot of awesome things. Vulcans, Vestmannaeyjar, Geysir, geothermal energy sites. We went to the blue lagoon and ate the worlds best burgers at Hamburgerfabrikkur (Hamburgerfactory). If you visit Iceland, trust me... taste their Truckers burger. It's fucking foodgasmic.
The last day, we had been told that if we wanted to do something special we could, in stead of joining the original program (which of course we thought sounded boring): We called a helicopterguide-company... busy all day long. We called a icelandic horseriding guide trip - company... busy all day long. Everything we looked up was busy, right?
So we went down the street where there was this huge swimming pool/gym/spa/health - center. We decided to go there for the day. Needed some luxury!
We spent more than 5 hours on that center during the last day. 4 hours in the morning and a bit more than 1 at the afternoon. When we entered the spa first time in the morning, and were getting ready for steam-baths, and all kinds of baths, two HUGE bodybuilders came in. They were probably around 110 kg each. Just big enough to make you feel like a little boy besides them, right? And then....

Fucking Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane enters. Above 2 meters tall, and near 200 kg, he made those HUGE friends of his look like chicken shit. He took a locker right beside me, and of course I had too look. His arms were bigger than M\my fucking tighs. Bigger than my waist, bigger than my everything :P well almost everything...
I work myself, but this dude. No, this colussus, were standing next to me, and all I was thinking was please don't smash my head, please don't smash my head...

Later on, my friends and I where in the largest hot-bath thing. The whole spa had an icelandic, dark, stony, waterfall - thing going on. We were sitting there talking about the size of this guy, when he and those other muscle giants came into the same bath as us. We could litterally feel the water rising. No bullshit!
I spent a bit more than a year reading all the books, and were done reading them long before this school trip. If I had only knew...

Early this winter, I got to know there was a new cast for Gregor Clegane. And guess who it was. The guy from the spa, in Iceland. Since I was such a huge ASOIAF fan, I wish I'd knew he was to be the Mountain, when we met him at the spa. In contrast to Gregor, the actor/strongman seemed nice. Remember he asked where we were from and other stuff, since we din't talk icelandic. Which is not the same as norwegian sadly, for those of you who thought that :P

I just want to mention that although he has the body for it, I was dissapointed to find HBO/GoT using a man propped full of steroids as Gregor. Just me complaining about some ethics, but vey well... Lokking forward to see him fighting Oberyn.

For the most part I am very satisfied with the choice of actors chosen by D&D. I guess my biggest disappointment would Be the "Mountain".

I thought that they really nailed it in season 1 with Conan Stevens. I understand why they had to go with someone else in the next installment that required his presence as Conan was working on the hobbit. But Ian White was just a terrible choice IMO. THe only characteristic of Ser Gregor he possessed was his height, nothing more. It looked as though The mountain shed 250 pounds!

I was sure that they would bring back the real Ser Gregor for season 4.

Noait and see the scenes before making a final opinion.pe, someone new again.

Having seen the trailer for episode 7 and getting a good look at the Norwegian strongman that will pick up the role, I have to say I'm disappointed. While they got the physique down I think his age is off by a few decades! Can you honestly say that this guy looks like the hounds "older brother" ?? It's almost laughable.

Archived