Alfie Allen Appreciation

Theon has never been a favorite character of mine but I can't help but applaud Alfie Allen's effort in his transformation to Reek. I thought this episode helped cement that. What do you think?

Also, I found myself rooting for the ironborn and Asha (which doesnt happen) on their quest to free Theon.I thought the show down in the kennels was entertaining. I did not think the deviation from the books here was all that bad and I thought Ramsay really showed his madness in this scene.

Of all the young actors they plucked at the beginning, Alfie has proven to be the best and the brightest, even ahead of Jack Gleason imo. His range has been nuts, and fuck if he didn't nail the Yarasha-Dreadfort heel turn. Heartbreaking, especially when he fought tooth and nail to get away from her. Visceral.

Yeah. I feel bad for the guy. TV-Theon is a lot more sympathetic than Book-Theon. I forgot he butchered Ser Rodrick for a moment. I think it's the constant sexual abuse that's got me feeling bad for him. I turned my head for a second when Ramsay had his sex scene and I thought he was doing Theon. :ack:

I was shocked when I was rooting for Asha/Yara, too. Mostly because I love it when actors do their own fight scenes. It's so lulzy :lol:. The scene might have been pointless, not in the books and oh no Ramsay wasn't wearing boiled leather!... but it was good TV. I like Yara so far. Hope the show keeps me rooting for her and Theon.

GAH MY HEART! Yes, Alfie Allen is amazing. I love the chemistry he has with Iwan Rheon too; even the director commented on it. It's awesome how utterly wracked with fear broken he can be. The bath scene...daaaayum. Poor bb kraken was so terrified I flinched when Ramsay wiped his back.

GAH MY HEART! Yes, Alfie Allen is amazing. I love the chemistry he has with Iwan Rheon too; even the director commented on it. It's awesome how utterly wracked with fear broken he can be. The bath scene...daaaayum. Poor bb kraken was so terrified I flinched when Ramsay wiped his back.

Man it must be fun to see the two chilling over some pints at the local pub

I hate to watch Reek/Ramsay scenes, but only because, like OP said, Alfie rocks. I feel too bad for Reek, whatever he deserved, it didn't come close to what he's experiencing now.

And I can't decide between rooting Iron Born or the Boltons, I think I just want to see they butcher each other.

Alfie was so good, even his hesitation to get in the bath was so subtle but so well acted or when Ramsay says 'you have to help me take a castle' and Theon's just like 'How the hell am i supposed to do that' with just his face. Yup good stuff

I know! He was like an abused dog for the former part.

He's better than Dinklage, in my opinion, because his acting is way more subtle and understated but also more demanding. I still miss the broken teeth and missing fingers, but his performance just sells Reek, man. And it's cool that he didn't starve himself for the role Christian Bale style, because that shit is dangerous

He's better than Dinklage, in my opinion, because his acting is way more subtle and understated but also more demanding. I still miss the broken teeth and missing fingers, but his performance just sells Reek, man. And it's cool that he didn't starve himself for the role Christian Bale style, because that shit is dangerous

My thoughts exactly! Allen blew me away this episode, while Dinklage's speech was just too cartoonish.

On a side note - you'd have him break his teeth and cut off his fingers, but not starve for a role?! ;)

Archived