[Book & show spoilers] Tywins letter to Meereen

I don't think he'll write directly to Dany because Dany may just suspect it was a ruse.

I think he'll either write to Jorah asking him why he isn't spying for the Lannisters anymore, with the intention that the letter falls into Dany's hands.

OR

He writes to Barristan, apologising for the dismissal and asking him to return and say Jorah can come to seeing as he was spying on Dany, that way either Tywin gets both Knights back or Barristan is loyal to Dany, reports Jorah's actions and Dany loses an advisor.

I think Tywin will be far more circumspect than to mention the word "spying." More like an offer to restore his land and titles and rescind his exile state as a reward for his recent stalwart service on behalf of the Iron Throne. It won't go to Dany, but it will find its way to her, and she'll have a lot of awkward questions to ask, which makes for a better conversation than, "I just got a letter from the man I hate and mistrust most in the world stating the man I trust most is a spy! Explain yourself, Ser Friendzone. And, um, personal space, please. We discussed this."

"Jo,

This is your dawg Tywin checkin in from King's Landing.

Hope you've been havin a good time in Meereen. I heard they got lizards up there as big as your arm, with wings too. Wouldn't want to run into any of those LOL.

Anyway, just wanted to see if you were still comin to my Nameday celebration next week. Gregor dug up those goblets we made out of the skull of Elia and Rhaenys Targaryen and my kid Jaime promised to make sum wicked awesome jello shots out of Arbor Gold and strongwine.

Hopefully you still have time to come down here. Tell Barry he can come too. You guys are the best spies we ever had and you deserve mad props.

Catch ya later, best buddy

Ty,"

Postmarked and delivered to the Great Pyramid of Meereen.

A+....Ty-Dawg :bowdown:

I think the letter is for Barristan. Tywin will deeply apologize for his removal from the KG, while stating that he is with a spy now. He maybe will offer him to come back, but he probably knows that's unlikely.

He might just said "As a token of respect and appreciation for all your deeds in the Kingsguard, I'm informing that ser Jorah Mormont is currently a spy for King's Landing." or something like that.

Knowing Barristan's honor and sense of duty, Tywin will know that will sow dissent and Jorah will finally get expelled.

I think this is the most plausible out come and what I like about it the most is its very Tywin. If he gives details of what Jorah reported back and of the attempted poisoning of Dany and her unborn child, there is no way it wouldn't cause Dany to at least confront Jorah about it. Tywin must be confident of being able to convince Ser Barristan to return to his role as commander of the Kings guard he swore and oath after all. The out come in Tywin's view would be Daenerys without Selmy and Mormont reducing the threat considerably.

He writes to Barristan, apologising for the dismissal and asking him to return and say Jorah can come to seeing as he was spying on Dany, that way either Tywin gets both Knights back or Barristan is loyal to Dany, reports Jorah's actions and Dany loses an advisor.

I think that one is most likely, although I think the letter might "accidentally" end up in Dany's hand, prompting her interrogation of Jorah and Barristan as in the books.

The show has a habit of changing things only to alter the balance.

Perhaps he pays people to burn her fleet of 93 ships?

It is a bit of a problem if Tywin tells Dany or sends a message informing about Jorah. It would make Danys decision to exile him appear many times more foolish than necessary as she would be letting Tywin sow dissent and shit stir. Its subtly telling the viewer that exiling Jorah is in her enemies direct interests.

I think the letter is for Barristan. Tywin will deeply apologize for his removal from the KG, while stating that he is with a spy now. He maybe will offer him to come back, but he probably knows that's unlikely.

He might just said "As a token of respect and appreciation for all your deeds in the Kingsguard, I'm informing that ser Jorah Mormont is currently a spy for King's Landing." or something like that.

Knowing Barristan's honor and sense of duty, Tywin will know that will sow dissent and Jorah will finally get expelled.

I would kinda like it to go down this way... and it would make sense on the back of Tywin saying how stupid it was to remove Selmy from the KG.

"Jo,

This is your dawg Tywin checkin in from King's Landing.

Hope you've been havin a good time in Meereen. I heard they got lizards up there as big as your arm, with wings too. Wouldn't want to run into any of those LOL.

Anyway, just wanted to see if you were still comin to my Nameday celebration next week. Gregor dug up those goblets we made out of the skull of Elia and Rhaenys Targaryen and my kid Jaime promised to make sum wicked awesome jello shots out of Arbor Gold and strongwine.

Hopefully you still have time to come down here. Tell Barry he can come too. You guys are the best spies we ever had and you deserve mad props.

Catch ya later, best buddy

Ty,"

Postmarked and delivered to the Great Pyramid of Meereen.

This gave me a good laugh

What is the consensus on Who Tywin was writing to in Meereen? .

I have read speculation that it is to Daenerys informing her of Jorah's duplicity.

I fail to see what this would achieve in the long term, sure it would remove Jorah as Daenerys closest advisor but as Tywin and the council already know she has Ser Barristan a great commander and the greatest knight who ever lived.

It is hardly a good strategy to do something that may antagonise Daenerys. If this is the way they are going to reveal Jorah's betrayl I think it's pretty weak writing and inferior to the books reveal.It might be plausible that Tywin is infact writing a letter to a noble house in Meereen offering them some kind of arrangement were they create some kind of insurgency against Dany and he will reward them financially.

Excuse me. Excuse me. Prince Aemon the Dragonknight was the greatest knight who ever lived.

I think the letter is going to someone with the intent of assassinating Dany. He does not want her around. He knows Robert was intent on having she and her brother killed but Ned stopped him. We will have to see but I think he is writing to one of the sellsword companies to kill Dany.

Remember his letters led to the Red Wedding....he his probably contacting someone to kill Dany.

I think it's just 'Jorah, it's Tywin. You spied before, spy again or kill her - we'll give you so much stuff!'

cut to Barristan intercepting it and doing something useful at last

cut to Dany banishing Jorah

I think it's just 'Jorah, it's Tywin. You spied before, spy again or kill her - we'll give you so much stuff!'

cut to Barristan intercepting it and doing something useful at last

cut to Dany banishing Jorah

But Varys tells Tywin at the Council that Jorah no longer spies for them and appears totally devoted to her now. Its hard to see how Twin could come to the conclusion that he could offer anything more to Jorah as incentive.

IMO he would either have to

- Up the reward significantly rather than being reinstated as Lord of Bear Island

- Threaten to exterminate everyone on Bear Island by telling the Boltons to do it. (be interesting if this is later learned and one of the reasons why the Mormonts join Stannis)

But Varys tells Tywin at the Council that Jorah no longer spies for them and appears totally devoted to her now. Its hard to see how Twin could come to the conclusion that he could offer anything more to Jorah as incentive.

If he does write to Jorah, having the letter intercepted would probably be the whole point. The goal isn't to have Jorah betray Dany - the goal is to cause trouble by having Jorah's earlier betrayal revealed.

If he does write to Jorah, having the letter intercepted would probably be the whole point. The goal isn't to have Jorah betray Dany - the goal is to cause trouble by having Jorah's earlier betrayal revealed.

But how does that achieve Tywins objective of neutralizing Danys army? Losing Jorah might lose her one advisor and spite her but it will hardly cripple her.

Even if the Second Sons betrayed her it wouldn't be a disaster on the scale of the Red Wedding.

He'd obviously only take an action with a chance of it succeeding at crippling or neutralizing Dany. So asking Jorah to kill Dany would have to have some chance of success in Tywins eyes.

In the small council meeting they emphasized the importance of having veteran knights twice. So it's a pretty big deal, and the loss of one or both of them would be a huge blow to a young girl, inexperienced in the ways of war.

Archived