Mysterious man next to Loras and Margaery

It's probably no one at the moment.

But if the writers needed it, he could become Garlen Tyrell (now a cousin of the Tyrells to side step the inheritance issue) or an aged up Dickon Tarly. Or a merged Redwyne tywins.

It's like showing the Manderly guy at the RW. It could just be background dressing or if they need to an early reference to an upcoming plot.

I know he was not highlighted upon in the show and I understand your arguments regarding him being placed as an extra, but don't you guys think that D&D wouldn't place an extra standing next to the Tyrells and get a few second screen time unless it could be someone of (minor) importance later on in the series?

Garlan in the books returned back to Highgarden with his Grandma, but perhaps this is Garlan. Wilas was mentioned in the series though, not Garlan, so I'm confused.

The reason I believe he is a Tyrell is because of his clothing and hair. Green shirt, I mean come on. D&D wouldn't place him next to the Tyrells unless he's going to appear later in the show. Why hire an extra when you can just focus on Margaery and Loras in this shot.

Just my thoughts. I know it holds no importance to the story, but this series is all about the theories and the characters, that's what makes it so appealing.

They did cut to the Tyrell kids a lot, and he sure was there every time.

He's nobody for now but if they need him to be a cousin or maybe even a bastard brother in Season 5 and beyond, there he is. His clothing was too similar in look to Loras so he's most likely not a page or a servant or anything. He's on their level, and the costuming definitely makes it look like he's actually one of them [a Hightower or a Tarly would wear similar looking clothes but not the actual same color, they'd have their own family colors].

"demoting" Garlan to bastard brother and making him a Flowers instead of a Tyrell might be a way the show wants to go to illustrate the Tyrells are a close-knit family that actually likes each other to contrast them with the Lannisters going forward. And it would not contradict what Tywin seemed to establish as show canon last season that Loras is the only male heir to Highgarden/potential propagator of the Tyrell name.

It's AShara Dayne. Or the Hooded Man.

If D&D suddenly decide to include Garlan out of nowhere I will scream like a little girl

But that's not how I imagine Garlan...

THIS IS HOW I IMAGINE GARLAN: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120901205951/hieloyfuego/images/d/d0/Garlan_Tyrell_by_The_Mico%C2%A9.jpg

Archived