Mysterious man next to Loras and Margaery

It's AShara Dayne. Or the Hooded Man.

But that's not how I imagine Garlan...

THIS IS HOW I IMAGINE GARLAN: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120901205951/hieloyfuego/images/d/d0/Garlan_Tyrell_by_The_Mico%C2%A9.jpg

I imagine Garlan like Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder and I have no idea why :dunno:

Keep looking at that picture and the top looks way too much like Loras' clothes -- and the poofy sleeves too much like Mace's clothes -- to be coincidence.

so he's gotta be Tyrell kin, dressed like that, but just not bearing the Tyrell name. Cousin is likely (Olenna's daughter's son?), bastard version of Garlan is possible but less likely.

If HBO suddenly decides to reboot and say "oh yeas, there is another Tyrell brother!", I personally won't mention the previous mistake again.

Lol, me too, definetely. I won't hold it against them

Who says it's a reboot? TYWIN WAS JUST WRONG.

And/Olenna put one over on him.

I'm down with that :)

Oh, my God, that would be even better. I can see Tywin going, "Shit, I forgot there was another of them!"

Oh, my God, that would be even better. I can see Tywin going, "Shit, I forgot there was another of them!"

And Mace could always "adopt" him or name a nephew his heir anyway, especially if he needed to in a pinch because Loras was unavailable.

He could even adopt the Tyrell surname officially, would probably even want to for the sake of continuity and/or Mace could make it a condition of the inheritance. Nobles change their names all the time when ascending to new titles (though admittedly that's more of a royal thing). They've got 7 last names from all the other noble families they're married into and descended from, you can just rotate the order around depending which one is most convenient at the time.

He's still of Tyrell blood after all, even its the maternal line and he's officially a Hightower or whatever, so he'd be entitled to the name.

[it's also canon-consistent of Tywin to not recognize/forget about this option since it's an option he doesn't seem to have/want to consider, as suggested by Jaime's "whatcha gonna do, dad, go with Lancel? LOL" line.]

Randall Tarly ?

Looks too close in age to Loras and Marge. Randyl should be older, closer to Mace. If it's a Tarly it'd have to be Sam's little brother Dickon who hasn't even put in a book appearance yet, let alone the show :)

It doesn't need to be a mistake, nor does he need to be a bastard or not have the Tyrell name.

The show has had Lancel Lannister, Alton Lannister, Willum and Martyn Lannister. All bearing the Lannister name but not directly descended from Tywin.

Garlan could easily be Mace's nephew. Someone they name as heir to circumvent the Lannister's taking over Highgarden (as Matrilineal lines of succession are too complicated to explain on the show).

Too bad Garlan couldn't make it to the wedding, luckily, he arrived just in time for the trial! Better late than never!!

What do you mean Garlan was not at the wedding? I clearly saw him putting the poison on the chalice.

You people need to pay more attention, for shame!

LET'S SIMPLY PRETEND THAT GUY IS GARLAN.

And let's never talk about him not existing again.

<rewind... play>

Too bad Garlan couldn't make it to the wedding, luckily, he arrived just in time for the trial! Better late than never!!

He got held up with "Fight seven dudes at once and school all of them" practice, obviously :)

Who is the man next to Loras and Margaery during Tyrion's Trial? Is it Garlan Tyrell? Will we get to see more Garlan in season 5?

Here is a link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/euiw3n989zzvgt5/got%20pic.jpg

P.S. I tried posting the picture in this topic instead of the link, but couldn't figure out how :/

My guess would be Aurane Waters.

Garlan was completely cut from the show I think.

Aurane's part in the story is coming up soon so it makes sense for the show to give us a peek of him now. They did the same thing for Tommen at the beginning of the season: show him standing around at Joff's wedding but not saying anything before his part begins.

Archived