Mysterious man next to Loras and Margaery

My first thought was Garlan.. But nahhh..

Aurane Waters would be interesting.. Though I thought he would FOR SURE be cut from the show.

My money goes on *Random Tyrell* until he gets upgraded.

Just think about Tommen and Myrcella etc etc.. They were literally just THERE doing nothing.

Perfectly fine for this guy to just be standing there for now.

They don't usually show people like that though if they aren't planning on using them later on.

Myrcella and Tommen were cast. Even if they didn't have speaking roles initially, the roles were auditioned for and cast and announced by HBO well before they even filmed. None of the characters you have mentioned have been cast so they aren't on the show yet. The guy who is sitting there in the scene is uncredited and is therefore an extra and not an actor.

They show extras sitting around to fill out big affairs (Iike a trial or a wedding) all the time. He's nobody. Maybe he's supposed to be some Tyrell cousin of some sort but he's certainly not going to play any kind of role later on because he's not a real actor and wouldn't be able to handle that responsibility.

I thought I saw Penny in the trial scene waving at Tyrion but I just did a careful re-watch and now can see it was just Tywin's Hand of the King broach. My mistake.

But, for sure you can see Lady Taena of Myr hiding in Cersei's hair when she's testifying. Pause it and you'll see.

Myrcella and Tommen were cast. Even if they didn't have speaking roles initially, the roles were auditioned for and cast and announced by HBO well before they even filmed. None of the characters you have mentioned have been cast so they aren't on the show yet. The guy who is sitting there in the scene is uncredited and is therefore an extra and not an actor.

They show extras sitting around to fill out big affairs (Iike a trial or a wedding) all the time. He's nobody. Maybe he's supposed to be some Tyrell cousin of some sort but he's certainly not going to play any kind of role later on because he's not a real actor and wouldn't be able to handle that responsibility.

Lol.. Just L-O-L .. FUNNY GUY HERE!

How can you say CERTAINLY just because he's not on the cast list? What are you looking at, IMDB?

And how do you know of this guy's capabilities.. (LOL)

Are you close with him? Or could you tell just from him standing there?

You must have Asperger syndrome or something.. I feel for ya big guy.

And I NEVER said Tommen and Myrcella were not 'cast'. You're telling me this like I don't know?

I just meant that they just had about the same bearing on scenes(at the time) as this *Random Tyrell* did. (none at all)

That just because he didn't really do anything other than stand there DOES NOT mean that he could have a more important role later on..

That's ALL I was trying to say.

You misunderstood.

Of course they show extras all the time.. Once again you say this like your the only one with this *grand knowledge*... LORD HELP ME!

They don't always show them seated with Margaery and Loras though as if he were an equal.

You may be correct and probably are on this matter..

I just refuse to take YOUR word for it.(or your word.. That you read somewhere)

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not all over wasting my time looking at cast lists that don't matter.

I hope you got your satisfaction there big guy. Stating obvious facts and such.. You are awesome!

You seem like a tool.

Regardless, I think it is just a random extra to show there are more Tyrells than just those focused on. Almost like Selyse, His character may get named, but if so he will probably be recast.

Maybe it's Garlan Tyrell, the now nephew?

Maybe, Aurane or maybe just a new character. Who knows?

Didn't read the whole thread but the guy sitting next to them is the Royal Steward -- we saw him in S01 alot... At least, that's who I thought it was when I saw him. He turns toward the camera at one point and you get a really good look.

Lol please tell me you're being facetious :)

ETA: The guy is also a casting director so it looks like he's credited for every episode... Hmm, so now I'm not 100% sure, lol, but I'm still sticking with Royal Steward. Had no idea it was in doubt til seeing the thread; I assumed we all knew who it was. Ah well.. no matter.

How can you say CERTAINLY just because he's not on the cast list? What are you looking at, IMDB?

And how do you know of this guy's capabilities.. (LOL)

Are you close with him? Or could you tell just from him standing there?

You must have Asperger syndrome or something.. I feel for ya big guy.

And I NEVER said Tommen and Myrcella were not 'cast'. You're telling me this like I don't know?

I just meant that they just had about the same bearing on scenes(at the time) as this *Random Tyrell* did. (none at all)

That just because he didn't really do anything other than stand there DOES NOT mean that he could have a more important role later on..

That's ALL I was trying to say.

You misunderstood.

Of course they show extras all the time.. Once again you say this like your the only one with this *grand knowledge*... LORD HELP ME!

They don't always show them seated with Margaery and Loras though as if he were an equal.

You may be correct and probably are on this matter..

I just refuse to take YOUR word for it.(or your word.. That you read somewhere)

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not all over wasting my time looking at cast lists that don't matter.

I hope you got your satisfaction there big guy. Stating obvious facts and such.. You are awesome!

Classy.

What an annoyingly written pile of crap. And anyone who pays any remote attention to either the the casting news during the off season, or indeed the show itself, would know that Garlan Tyrell is pretty much confirmed as cut. This guy is literally random Tyrell extra added for shot symmetry and nothing more. Tommen and Myrcella both had multiple (very small) speaking parts and were identified by other characters. This guy does not, no matter how much you might want him to.

This reminds me of Asha's scene in 3x10 when an alarming amount of people thought that the random scary-looking dude behind her was either Euron or Victarion. Not everyone is someone. If you genuinely believe this guy is anyone other than a random extra, it shows you know nothing about basic components of TV production.

Classy.

What an annoyingly written pile of crap. And anyone who pays any remote attention to either the the casting news during the off season, or indeed the show itself, would know that Garlan Tyrell is pretty much confirmed as cut. This guy is literally random Tyrell extra added for shot symmetry and nothing more. Tommen and Myrcella both had multiple (very small) speaking parts and were identified by other characters. This guy does not, no matter how much you might want him to.

This reminds me of Asha's scene in 3x10 when an alarming amount of people thought that the random scary-looking dude behind her was either Euron or Victarion. Not everyone is someone. If you genuinely believe this guy is anyone other than a random extra, it shows you know nothing about basic components of TV production.

Jesus Christ..

Did you not read that I AGREE with that fact that he's likely nobody and just a *RANDOM TYRELL*

'It shows you know nothing about basic components of TV production'..

Listen to yourself man!

Haven't been boning up on my Garlan casting news lately! Shame on me! Shame the fuck on me!

You people cannot be serious..

NOBODY CARES ABOUT GARLAN!!!

Let me repeat... NOBODY CARES ABOUT GARLAN!

You've missed my point completely..

Never should have used the Tommen/Myrcella comparison.. You people just can't seem to get past that.

It was a bad comparison. Would you like me to go back and edit it for you? Would that make you feel better?

I do apologize for the Asperger's comment.. That was over the line. Probably insulted like half the fan base there..

I'm just so sick of you internet dwelling, lifeless assholes just sitting around looking for opportunities to correct people.

And for that, I do not apologize.

I'll watch what I say from now on! BELIEVE ME!

Wouldn't want to upset you nice people! :dunno:

Jesus Christ..

Did you not read that I AGREE with that fact that he's likely nobody and just a *RANDOM TYRELL*

'It shows you know nothing about basic components of TV production'..

Listen to yourself man!

Haven't been boning up on my Garlan casting news lately! Shame on me! Shame the fuck on me!

You people cannot be serious..

NOBODY CARES ABOUT GARLAN!!!

Let me repeat... NOBODY CARES ABOUT GARLAN!

You've missed my point completely..

Never should have used the Tommen/Myrcella comparison.. You people just can't seem to get past that.

It was a bad comparison. Would you like me to go back and edit it for you? Would that make you feel better?

I do apologize for the Asperger's comment.. That was over the line. Probably insulted like half the fan base there..

I'm just so sick of you internet dwelling, lifeless assholes just sitting around looking for opportunities to correct people.

And for that, I do not apologize.

I'll watch what I say from now on! BELIEVE ME!

Wouldn't want to upset you nice people! :dunno:

It's too late for your hollow apologies. I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you will know the debt is paid.

In all seriousness, it doesn't really matter. If they decide to make Garlan an important character later on, they will just throw him in there. They don't have to plant extras in significant positions and then later on try to build them up later on -- if they decide to introduce a new character, they are not limited by any kind of legal or narrative structure to use only actors who have appeared before in the series. It's fun to speculate as to who random extras could be though.

It's too late for your hollow apologies. I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you will know the debt is paid.

In all seriousness, it doesn't really matter. If they decide to make Garlan an important character later on, they will just throw him in there. They don't have to plant extras in significant positions and then later on try to build them up later on -- if they decide to introduce a new character, they are not limited by any kind of legal or narrative structure to use only actors who have appeared before in the series. It's fun to speculate as to who random extras could be though.

Now that is funny..

This is allll I was doing! Just pure speculation on my part.

My fault for NOT keeping up on the Garlan casting news!! Seriously, MY BAD..

I've learned my lesson!

So shoot me for not being aware that Garlan was not 'officially cast'.

Though.. I never actually implied that I thought that he was.

And I said that I was almost FOR SURE Aurane would be cut..

Though literally all I said was "My first thought was Garlan.. but Nahh"

I'm paraphrasing, but that's alllllll that I said.

My initial thought was that it was Garlan, but then I thought otherwise.

I was eluding to Aurane because he was previously mentioned.

It's the Tommen/Myrcella comparison that threw it all off.

You can't tell me that they may as well NOT HAVE been there in the first season though.

Could have saved the money and just mentioned them and had the exact same effect.

I was just saying they had the same bearing on the story at that point as this random Tyrell did this Sunday.

WHICH WAS NONE AT ALL. They may as well have been extras.. Other than the breakfast scene with Tyrion, did they do anything in season 1?

The only difference is they were officially cast. Which I FULLY understand.

~UNDERSTAND THAT I FULLY UNDERSTAND~

Though, it really.....really... does...not.....matter. Like... At all. Which is partly why I got so flustered.

Why go out of your way to point out such a small detail??

So shoot me for not being aware that Garlan was not 'officially cast'.

Robert Sterne is part of the casting department for GoT. They threw him a bone by letting him be a Royal Page in S1, didn't think they'd had him back since then but I guess they wanted to fill out the seats for the trial.

The guy in the pic, OP, is not Robert Sterne. I thought this was an interesting explanation, but then I looked at the pictures and they don't match.

So this is someone else.

It may be a random extra, but I maintain that the show often shows characters soon to appear with real roles as cameos first. If that's the case here, it is not Garlan.

Archived