Mysterious man next to Loras and Margaery

Benjen, that's where he's been all this time

If D&D suddenly decide to include Garlan out of nowhere I will scream like a little girl

Ha ha ha I love turtles! I still think Benjen will be ColdHands when and if the show includes that charecter!!! Thanks for the laughs:-) Bravo!!!

My guess would be Aurane Waters.

Garlan was completely cut from the show I think.

Aurane's part in the story is coming up soon so it makes sense for the show to give us a peek of him now. They did the same thing for Tommen at the beginning of the season: show him standing around at Joff's wedding but not saying anything before his part begins.

No way, man, Aurane very specifically resembles Rhaegar (according to Cersei) with green eyes. Or did I misread?

It may be a random extra, but I maintain that the show often shows characters soon to appear with real roles as cameos first. If that's the case here, it is not Garlan.

Can you give an example of an uncredited character later appearing as a real one ever on this show? I'm pretty sure that's never happened.

No way, man, Aurane very specifically resembles Rhaegar (according to Cersei) with green eyes. Or did I misread?

He's also not the dreamiest and Aurane is supposed to be pretty dreamy. Still, glimpses of characters before they start having lines is very normal for the show. So it might be someone we will meet and not an extra.

I can't really tell who's joking (which is most of the smart posters I believe) and who's actually seriously debating that this is an established character but for those who are in the latter camp....

No one has been cast as Garlan, Aurane Waters, Randyl Tarly etc (in S4 anyways). That person you see sitting in that scene is an uncredited extra which means they aren't a real actor otherwise they would have to be credited. So they can't be used in the future to play any kind of significant role (ie. speaking) because they aren't qualified to.

It's an extra. If you want to imagine they're a character you like, please do so but understand that this means that the character will never to anything more than sit around in the background of a scene and never open their mouth because that's all that gentleman is qualified to do.

There was Wendel Mandelry in the Red Wedding as an uncredited extra (he had merman brooch and glorious mustache and everything.) Unfortunately he died. Of course this doesen't mean that this mysterious Tyrell should be anything, but there's always possibility.

I want to believe he is Garlan Flowers.

There was Wendel Mandelry in the Red Wedding as an uncredited extra (he had merman brooch and glorious mustache and everything.) Unfortunately he died. Of course this doesen't mean that this mysterious Tyrell should be anything, but there's always possibility.

I want to believe he is Garlan Flowers.

Wendel Manderly was announced as being cast before that season started. We heard about that back when they were filming S3.

I'm sorry if this is coming off snooty but some of us follow casting and filming stuff very closely though the off-season when others maybe aren't playing as close attention. And there has never been a time where a character major or minor has appeared on the show where their casting hasn't been determined earlier.

So believe me when I say that this random dude is not a character that means anything. He's probably there because the director thought Marge and Loras looked a little lonely sitting by themselves and wanted to fill out their area for the shooting of the scene.

If you're looking for info on minor characters who are still yet to appear this season, we've got:

Lady Waynwood, Lyn Corbray and Yohn Royce (the Lords Declarant)

a Braavosi ship captain (who everyone assumes will be the one Arya interacts with to go to Braavos in the finale)

a dying man in the Riverlands (who Arya and the Hound give the gift of mercy to)

Bloodraven

A Child of the Forest (not specifically Leaf but probably the substitute for her)

Ralf Kenning (Ironborn commander at Moat Cailin)

The one thing that's trickier to ascertain is just what minor characters or guest stars could be returning in a season as that information is not usually released and you either have the actors confirming it themselves or maybe you can tell from their online resume if they're coming back as well:

We know for certain that the following are returning who have not yet appeared:

The Mountain (duh)

Rorge and Biter

Mance

You kind of assume that other characters like Balon, the BwB and LS are returning but there's no way of knowing because they clearly want those appearances to be a surprise if they're happening.

But new characters? We always know about them well ahead of the season start.

So they can't be used in the future to play any kind of significant role (ie. speaking) because they aren't qualified to.

It's an extra. If you want to imagine they're a character you like, please do so but understand that this means that the character will never to anything more than sit around in the background of a scene and never open their mouth because that's all that gentleman is qualified to do.

Y'know, this is a show that's developed a reputation for recasting characters...

Y'know, this is a show that's developed a reputation for recasting characters...

But in those cases, we've still known clearly who the original character is before the recast (ie Beric, Tommen etc). This is uncredited. It's a dude sitting in a chair. If they wanted him to be an actual character, he would have been named. He's not. Let your imagination run wild with who this might be in your fanfiction but on the show, it's nobody.

I can't really tell who's joking (which is most of the smart posters I believe) and who's actually seriously debating that this is an established character but for those who are in the latter camp....

No one has been cast as Garlan, Aurane Waters, Randyl Tarly etc (in S4 anyways). That person you see sitting in that scene is an uncredited extra which means they aren't a real actor otherwise they would have to be credited. So they can't be used in the future to play any kind of significant role (ie. speaking) because they aren't qualified to.

This.

I was really disappointed they put extras up there. It made no sense to me to see 3 goons next to Cersei who didn't even testify.

And if it's so they could recast that extra later, then by that same logic they would have put extras in the Meereeneese throne room this same episode, but they didn't. Because it wasn't needed.

Archived